Ben Affleck IS Bruce Wayne/Batman - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not really comparable.

Ben being cast as the new Batman was huge news all around. Nobody really paid too much attention when Ed Norton was cast as Bruce Banner nor when he was replaced.

Batman is like Bond when it comes to a new actor coming around, as the new actor signals a whole new era for that character.

^^ All true...

They can always pull a Christopher Pike...

...Helloww Batman Beyond !:cwink:

Hoping this news ain't true, i was one of those who was pretty ticked off when Ben was cast as Batman, but after BvS he ended up being my favorite Batman since Keaton, really loved his portrayal of the Character, he was the best part of BvS, and this is coming from someone who is a huge Cavil fan.

Just the thought of this being true makes me much less excited for Justice League, gonna be hard to watch knowing Ben will not be our Batman anylonger.

Last edited:
Well, from what I read on Batman News, he's still contracted specifically for JL2, so unless they allow him an early exit, maybe he'll get that graceful send off with one more movie post JL, or maybe it's all a negotiating tactic, and he's not going anywhere for another 10 years. Or, maybe he's just Gone, Baby, Gone. Either way, I agree he's been the best Batman since Keaton and I'm beyond thrilled to see him in JL

Well, from what I read on Batman News, he's still contracted specifically for JL2, so unless they allow him an early exit, maybe he'll get that graceful send off with one more movie post JL, or maybe it's all a negotiating tactic, and he's not going anywhere for another 10 years. Or, maybe he's just Gone, Baby, Gone. Either way, I agree he's been the best Batman since Keaton and I'm beyond thrilled to see him in JL

Sometimes they work their way out of the contract, like Singer was supposed to direct a sequel to Superman Returns as per the contract, WB asked him to direct Jack The Giant Slayer instead.

Maybe, Affleck signed on for sequel to WB's The Accountant, in place of his third Bat-movie. (I hope not.)

Solid guesses, Micromind. I guess it'll all come out in time.

It sucks that he's leaving so soon.
He's been my number one favorite Bruce Wayne / Batman.

The only way I'll accept someone else as Batman is
if they have him die in a film and Nightwing/Damien Wayne
steps into the role of Batman.

I just don't want them to recast Bruce Wayne.

It sucks that he's leaving so soon.
He's been my number one favorite Bruce Wayne / Batman.

The only way I'll accept someone else as Batman is
if they have him die in a film and Nightwing/Damien Wayne
steps into the role of Batman.

I just don't want them to recast Bruce Wayne.

It's a rumour. He's still Batman.

Affleck confirms he'll be starring in "The Batman" movie: "I would be a f****** ape on the ground for Matt Reeves, let alone Batman."

Thank Jesus he actually came out and said it

So, either Hollywood Reporter are now completely undermined, and will be seen as an unreliable source, or Ben Affleck is a liar.

Oof.

I'll believe it when I see it. I'm just at that point. A lot can happen in a year.

So, how long until more rumors 'spread' and doom hovers over Batman's future again? :o

So, how long until more rumors 'spread' and doom hovers over Batman's future again? :o

Look a few posts up and on various comments of movie news sites. People refuse to believe he is actually happy being Batman and playing this role.

Dem posts have been terminated by the god tier C.Lee (maybe).

And the other comments don't surprise me one bit. Fanboys are just stubborn.

Dem posts have been terminated by the god tier C.Lee (maybe).

And the other comments don't surprise me one bit. Fanboys are just stubborn.

Absolutely. I don't think i have ever seen someone admit when they were in the wrong on these boards.

In any case, something's been bugging me. I can't point my finger at it but what did they do differently with Ben's wig in Justice League? He looks so different as Bruce compared to BvS.

Who knows. It'll be amazing if he stays but things will go on if he doesn't.

Cool glad to hear that wasn't true and he's excited for the new films. :up:

Thought Affleck has been solid in the role and that a film Directed by Reeves will bring out some stronger material.

I never read the article but didn't it say this was all on the studio heads? Not so much ben wanting out?

I never read the article but didn't it say this was all on the studio heads? Not so much ben wanting out?

It was a bunch of speculation crap. Time we move on and focus on more important things like how his hair looks so different in this. :oldrazz: :woot:

So, either Hollywood Reporter are now completely undermined, and will be seen as an unreliable source, or Ben Affleck is a liar.

Oof.

I don't think it has to be that extreme. Hollywood is cut-throat, and the way Affleck noted how he'd do anything for Matt Reeves makes me think it's entirely possible the studio leaked this because they have him contracted for one more film, but on the other, and more important hand, they have Matt Reeves trying to start up a trilogy that's likely to bring in Nolan money and they need to get it ramped up tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"