Justice League Ben Affleck IS Bruce Wayne/Batman - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bale was a fan favorite, but a virtual unknown to general audiences, yes. Kinda like Henry (though Bale had more critical acclaim under his belt).

Exactly. By far and away the best way to go. No baggage, and someone that can own the role completely. Let’s be honest, Affleck was good, but he came with all that casting an established movie star (with an arguable limited range) comes with. I would dearly love an actor totally out of left field, who can inhabit the role 100% going forward. Bale in Begins / Jackman in X-Men... that kind of deal.

Exactly. By far and away the best way to go. No baggage, and someone that can own the role completely. Let’s be honest, Affleck was good, but he came with all that casting an established movie star (with an arguable limited range) comes with. I would dearly love an actor totally out of left field, who can inhabit the role 100% going forward. Bale in Begins / Jackman in X-Men... that kind of deal.
This was my main issue with Affleck's casting, even though I don't hate him in the role

Where are these reports that Ben Affleck says he wants out? Everything i'm reading states he'd like to segue out of the role in a cool way. He never said he wants out RIGHT NOW! RIGHT THIS SECOND. Okay, sure, you can read between the lines, but, honestly, there are so many ways to take what he said. I just take it at face value. Look at what Daniel Craig said after filming Spectre. He would rather kill himself than star in another Bond film. Here he is gearing up for another 007 film. I think all this is taken out of proportion due to the media.

Journalist and bloggers have been OBSESSED with whether he is leaving the role and when he is leaving the role. If he scratches his nose the wrong way a bunch of websites declare "Affleck Leaving Batman role?!" It seems to be the thing that gets reported the most about the DCEU, and I'm sure it annoys and aggravates Ben.

Journalist and bloggers have been OBSESSED with whether he is leaving the role and when he is leaving the role. If he scratches his nose the wrong way a bunch of websites declare "Affleck Leaving Batman role?!" It seems to be the thing that gets reported the most about the DCEU, and I'm sure it annoys and aggravates Ben.

I completely agree with that statement.

Affleck’s stay or go is kind of a litmus test for what’s happening with the DCEU. Everyone’s interested because his staying or going will say a lot about how things are actually going behind the scenes. He’s the biggest star, in the biggest part - no-one can be really that annoyed (including him) that he is so much in the spotlight.

It's definitely annoying, and I'm sure Affleck and everyone involved is aggravated by it, but they basically brought it on themselves.

From twitter:

Ben Affleck won't be in Matt Reeves' Batman movie(s). Reeves doesn't want him. I don't know the plans for #JusticeLeague sequel but don't be surprised if the age of Batfleck is over. THR was right long ago and reports aren't just "rumors" or speculation.

https://twitter.com/rob_keyes/status/931137833548632065

I think Reeves doesn't want Ben because of his lack of dedication to wanting to continue playing this character.

I think Reeves doesn't want Ben because of his lack of dedication to wanting to continue playing this character.

My guess, too. You don't want to write and direct one movie-- yet alone a trilogy-- with a lead actor who, let's face it, clearly doesn't want to be there.

I'm longing for this to be over.

My guess, too. You don't want to write and direct one movie-- yet alone a trilogy-- with a lead actor who, let's face it, clearly doesn't want to be there.

With the way this universe is shaping up, WB should focus on one movie at a time instead of a trilogy.

Yeah, he wants a committed actor like Andy Serkis, as he should. Guess I'm done with the DCEU lol. I've gotten Snyder's trilogy, just won't be as excited for future movies until they announce MOS 2.

Affleck’s stay or go is kind of a litmus test for what’s happening with the DCEU. Everyone’s interested because his staying or going will say a lot about how things are actually going behind the scenes. He’s the biggest star, in the biggest part - no-one can be really that annoyed (including him) that he is so much in the spotlight.

Affleck in terms of being a star is on his way down. He is not leading in the polls as to who people want to see in this. He is doing more bad than good. I'm not sure what he thinks is going to happen with his career after he leaves the role so many would kill for, but unless he focuses on directing it ain't gonna be rosy.

He needs to go. He is damaging the whole thing even further and I'm truly astonished at the timing of his recent remarks. If I were Reeves I wouldn't want him playing a lead in my movie.

Affleck in terms of being a star is on his way down. He is not leading in the polls as to who people want to see in this. He is doing more bad than good. I'm not sure what he thinks is going to happen with his career after he leaves the role so many would kill for, but unless he focuses on directing it ain't gonna be rosy.

He needs to go. He is damaging the whole thing even further and I'm truly astonished at the timing of his recent remarks. If I were Reeves I wouldn't want him playing a lead in my movie.

Haha yeah, he's going to get a lot of hate for leaving. It's freaking Batman. You don't see any of the other actors sulking about having to play superheroes.

Affleck, once the dust is settled on the release of JL, say come mid December, needs to publicly make a statement as to where his mind is and his decision, because if he's in or not, regardless, of which it is, a solo Batman film cannot move forward and meets it's production schedule, which is gonna cost even more money. #WBaccountslikeasive

Yeah, I think Reeves initially wanted to make these movies with Ben, given how that initial exchange on Twitter went back in the spring. Things probably turned sour quick though, since it seems like Ben's been wanting out for ages now.

Honestly, despite how great Ben was in BvS, I think it's the right call for Reeves to recast and I totally respect him wanting to get someone else. He needs a team player, like Bale was for Nolan and Keaton was for Burton. Not someone who just keeps moping around and makes it clear as day that he'd rather be anywhere else.

I'm longing for this to be over.

Same. I've been wanting this to be over since July.

Honestly I think things will get a lot more cheery around here once Ben comes clean that he's out and we start getting more specific reports and official news on who Reeves will cast for Batman.

Haha yeah, he's going to get a lot of hate for leaving. It's freaking Batman. You don't see any of the other actors sulking about having to play superheroes.

He still has that Accountant thing which

1. Amazingly I still didn't see even tho Bernthal is there
2. Got a sequel somehow

But that is it

I swear if all this fuss and headache over Ben being Batman or not ends up being a massive waste of time with him signing on for more DC films I'll be hella mad! I don't know, I just get the feeling the guy is irritated and annoyed about getting asked about it repeatedly. But oh my god has all this gossip and "news" since June been the biggest headache ever.

Only 4 months ago he said he'd "be an ape" for Matt Reeves and he's "the luckiest guy in the world" with Charles Roven (Producer of JL/BVS) saying only a day ago that Ben is after all playing Batman in the upcoming movies. Robert Downey Jr for instance, has been saying he's wanting to hang up his proverbial cowl and go out in a good way for quite a while but obviously he's not going anywhere for the next couple of years. So I don't think Affleck's recent remarks are a big indicator as to whether or not he will return TBH.

Are we overreacting perhaps? I honestly can't tell - the internet is a weird place sometimes. I personally really like Affleck's portrayal and wouldn't mind another actor at the helm BUT I do get the feeling that Affleck's portrayal (while polarising to some) has been received well enough that his employment is SUCH a concern for so many people - in a way that Bale's never was. I certainly don't recall Bale being talked about in the same way as Affleck when TDKR ended the trilogy and there was still no confirmation as to whether or not Bale would continue on as Batman.

I swear if all this fuss and headache over Ben being Batman or not ends up being a massive waste of time with him signing on for more DC films I'll be hella mad! I don't know, I just get the feeling the guy is irritated and annoyed about getting asked about it repeatedly.

Only 4 months ago he said he'd "be an ape" for Matt Reeves and he's "the luckiest guy in the world" with Charles Roven (Producer of JL/BVS) saying only a day ago that Ben is after all playing Batman in the upcoming movies. Robert Downey Jr for instance, has been saying he's wanting to hang up his proverbial cowl and go out in a good way for quite a while but obviously he's not going anywhere for the next couple of years. So I don't think Affleck's recent remarks are a big indicator as to whether or not he will return TBH.

Are we overreacting perhaps? I honestly can't tell - the internet is a weird place sometimes. I personally really like Affleck's portrayal and wouldn't mind another actor at the helm BUT I do get the feeling that Affleck's portrayal (while polarising to some) has been received well enough that his employment is SUCH a concern for so many people - in a way that Bale's never was. I certainly don't recall Bale being talked about in the same way as Affleck when TDKR ended the trilogy and there was still no confirmation as to whether or not Bale would continue on as Batman.

There was a 'little', there were stories prior to Affleck coming in that Bale was / could be offered $50m to sign on again. However Bale, all along was very much 'I'm done' and wished to honour his three film journey with Nolan.

There was a 'little', there were stories prior to Affleck coming in that Bale was / could be offered $50m to sign on again. However Bale, all along was very much 'I'm done' and wished to honour his three film journey with Nolan.

Oh true! I remember the money offers. You are right :)

I guess the point I was making was that Affleck's portrayal is quite cherished (generally speaking - please don't bring out the knives!) to the point that he's getting harassed to death about it. It's quite funny at some points actually - watch some of the JL premiere videos on YouTube and you'll hear some fans try to get Ben to answer if he's leaving or staying while he's signing posters.

I obviously don't know what's best for him on a personal level but I realllyyyy do not see how giving up the Batman role would be good for him. If anything it has brought him goodwill and a staying power in Hollywood - superheroes simply sell in this day and age.

It would only be in his best interests to be the RDJ of the DCEU. Make a couple of standalones, couple of team ups and small cameos to help jumpstart lesser known characters like Batgirl.

I swear if all this fuss and headache over Ben being Batman or not ends up being a massive waste of time with him signing on for more DC films I'll be hella mad! I don't know, I just get the feeling the guy is irritated and annoyed about getting asked about it repeatedly. But oh my god has all this gossip and "news" since June been the biggest headache ever.

He needs to go like seriously. He is a major diva at that point. No other actor playing these CBM characters complains. Jackman couldn't eat what he wanted for majority of the last of 20 years and was always so happy to play the part. I don't see RDJ *****ing either

I like Ben's Batman, I think it's a great performance but all that I will think of when I see him in JL is probably gonna be 'ugh just go already' because all the drama that has nothing with the movie or his work in it and he is really asking for it by fueling the media. He probably prefers that than them talking about his sins. So he is also showing the fans and the cast and crew middle finger, right before the release which is facing major obstacles as it is

He needs to go like seriously. He is a major diva at that point. No other actor playing these CBM characters complains. Jackman couldn't eat what he wanted for majority of the last of 20 years and was always so happy to play the part. I don't see RDJ *****ing either

I like Ben's Batman, I think it's a great performance but all that I will think of when I see him in JL is probably gonna be 'ugh just go already' because all the drama that has nothing with the movie or his work in it and he is really asking for it by fueling the media. He probably prefers that than them talking about his sins. So he is also showing the fans and the cast and crew middle finger, right before the release which is facing major obstacles as it is

I agree! It's been disheartening to see him so unenthusiastic about this role that he was clearly so excited for even at comic con recently. He hasn't done the press tour any favours.

I went into JL rather irritated with all the "news"/gossip flying around his potential departure but watching him in the movie reinforced my belief that he still is very very good for the role. And now I find myself dreading waking up to the news of him leaving the DCEU - he is simply that good. But like with most roles - especially ones like Batman - there's always another good actor out there for them and it wouldn't be the end of the world for someone else to play the part. I just wish the fans didn't have to go through this ordeal - especially with some of the character building that Batfleck experiences in JL (especially with certain other characters). To have all that amount to nothing would be a shame.

Was it just me or did Affleck's face look kind of puffy and noticeably different in some scenes? Like he had no makeup on at all.

Honestly I think things will get a lot more cheery around here once Ben comes clean that he's out and we start getting more specific reports and official news on who Reeves will cast for Batman.
I imagine so. If nothing else, casting speculation is always fun (even if the circumstances are undesirable for some people).

Was it just me or did Affleck's face look kind of puffy and noticeably different in some scenes? Like he had no makeup on at all.

That's a result of the reshoots. Affleck was not in shape when he shot those scenes. I think he'd gained a few pounds and also had had some Botox injections too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"