Ben Affleck IS Bruce Wayne/Batman - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
That day has already arrived - July 30, 1966 to be exact.

tumblr_o56yb2vmlc1s2wio8o3_1280.gif

"Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!" Classic.

If we hadn't seen this version of Batman ably doing fantastic physical feats, his build might bother me.

Not as such.

Check the biceps, shoulders and chest in the second and third pix. He looks like Sven Ole Thorson under that suit. :D

But it is still not bulky like Frank Miller's Dark Knight Returns:

b597a9a706e5d6c44691d82997c04ab5.jpg

I like that Lee's Batman is muscular but isn't bulky in the same way:

tumblr_ms3bggRfs91qkchcvo1_1280.png

Last edited:
Yeah this Batman is very much Jim Lee Batman come to life.

I for one always preferred a Batman who's BIG. Same for Superman.

Yeah this Batman is very much Jim Lee Batman come to life.

I for one always preferred a Batman who's BIG. Same for Superman.

To me a Jim Lee Batman would be younger and not as bulky.

To me a Jim Lee Batman would be younger and not as bulky.

To be fair, some of Lee's earlier depictions of Batman were downright gargantuan. Case in point, the image below is from Hush.

As far as age goes, Affleck can pass for younger when he's under the cowl.

TfgAhh7.jpg

I know all this.

I'm just stating (again) that Ben Affleck represents to me the bulky and older Frank Miller version and I don't mind if we get a Batman that moves away from that.

Last edited:
But Batman has been bulky apart from Miller versions as well.

And tbf, Affleck's Batman is less bulky and younger than Miller's Batman.

And from what we have seen in BvS in the way he moves, this is the most agile and strongest Batman we have ever seen in live action. So I dont see a need to have him be younger or thinner. We had many many movies of Batman in their primes and young. Now its refreshing to have a older experienced Batman.

And from what we have seen in BvS in the way he moves, this is the most agile and strongest Batman we have ever seen in live action. So I dont see a need to have him be younger or thinner. We had many many movies of Batman in their primes and young. Now its refreshing to have a older experienced Batman.

It has been good to see a strong agile Batman like Affleck's. That has a a been the best part. I actually want to see that in a younger "prime" Batman.

The ones we've seen have actually lacked that. I mean, Bale had some of that in "Batman Begins" but then was more lean in The Dark Knight and by the time of TDKRises he was coming out of retirement.

It would be great to see that physicality in a younger Batman.

Exactly. Miller's Batman also a much wider frame and is less defined than Affleck in his costume.

For myself I've always felt that Batfleck was built with influences from Miller and Lee the most. So it's no wonder they both keep being brought up.

Affleck was obviously modelled after that.

I believe Jim Lee's take on Batman in All Star Batman & Robin, the Boy Wonder was also inspired by Miller's DKR. Perhaps Wilkinson drew more from that particular depiction of the character.

Agreed. While I still have a few problems with the tactical suit, it definitely conforms better to Affleck's physique than the BvS suit did. Gone are the days when we couldn't get a decent promo image with him that wasn't a profile shot.

Yes, it suits him perfectly IMO.

Live-action wise, I don't think I've ever seen anything scream "Batman" more than this.

Idk guys, as much as I love the tact suit and that shot, that shot of Batfleck on the gargoyle with the thunder and lightning....Still takes the cake as the best live-action Batman shot ever for me. The first time I saw that, I was just....:hmr:

The thing about that amount of bulk is that it's not reflected on Bruce, just the suit. Having him make his tactical padding that muscly and bulbous feels façade-ish in a humorous way.

Now Superman I've always preferred on the lean side. Somewhere between swimmer's bod and the MOS build feels ideal.

Ben Affleck is the first time I thought “that’s Bruce Wayne AND Batman”.

I hope he stays on for many films, atones for Affleckgate, and life goes on.

To be fair, some of Lee's earlier depictions of Batman were downright gargantuan. Case in point, the image below is from Hush.

I put one from Hush in Post #960, too. Batman's bicep is so massive, I doubt he's able to bend his arm. Probably had Alfred prep his shaker bottles for him. :D

Last edited:
Golden Age Batman was pretty burly as well - especially when Dick Sprang drew him.

Check out this cool image by Sprang:

dick-sprang-batcave-litho-1995.jpg

Classic.

I believe Jim Lee's take on Batman in All Star Batman & Robin, the Boy Wonder was also inspired by Miller's DKR. Perhaps Wilkinson drew more from that particular depiction of the character.

Well, technically, Lee's Batman is just more "realistically" built Miller's Batman. You can't make Miller's Batman in live action, unless you cast a cabinet or an overgrown washing machine for the role.

^ I think the idea is that Bruce has been letting himself go over the years. But nobody wants to see a really fat Batman :p

Well, technically, Lee's Batman is just more "realistically" built Miller's Batman. You can't make Miller's Batman in live action, unless you cast a cabinet or an overgrown washing machine for the role.

Zod bless you and all the work that you do KW. Ha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"