Ben Affleck IS Bruce Wayne/Batman - Part 6

Discussion in 'Justice League' started by Thread Manager, Apr 3, 2018.

1. Vaibow Registered

I'm kinda weird in the sense I like natural pictures... in my head I am like, this is meta... why is batman standing like that looking that way... is he aware a camera is on him? it breaks the wall for me... but, I digress..

2. MbJ Registered

3. MbJ Registered

Sounds like Ben’s content with the ending he’s getting. Hopefully he gets to exit on a high note.

Godspeed, Batfleck. Glad Ben seems to be in a better place in life.

4. TheIronist Registered

Oh man what could have been…

5. Vaibow Registered

nah... that's too much for me... I prefer what we have.

Spider-Aziz and TheVileOne like this.
  6. Da-Scribe he/him

Grateful with what we’re getting but this still would’ve been really cool.

Spider-Aziz and TheIronist like this.
  7. Chip Chipperson the big guy

Never getting an Affleck directed movie is the biggest disappointment of all for me. Like the entire interest in him playing the character was getting him to write and direct in his own thing.

nothing against the guy, but if I knew what I now know from the start, I wouldn’t have been as excited for the casting.

Spider-Aziz likes this.
  8. Vaibow Registered

I liked the idea of batman being trapped in arkham and having to deal with that and escaping... that's a cool idea to me, but maybe in hindsight it would have been an empty production and just glitz... with hindsight, the new movie looks wayyy better all round.

Spider-Aziz likes this.
  9. super85 Registered

Its a shame that his Batman never happened. I was very much interested in that as a batman fan, not interested at all at what WB is doing with Batman now.

TheIronist likes this.
  10. elgaz Registered

I'm open to most ideas as long as they don't go back down the Adam West or Joel Schumacher campy Batman route. That just doesn't work for me when it comes to a character who is entirely defined by tragedy.

We've had Keaton, Kilmer, Clooney, Bale, Affleck and now Pattinson. And probably more in years to come. I treat the movies a bit like the comics - I don't read one particular Batman comic and then decide I will never read any of the others. They all bring their own things to the table and, for better or worse, give us different insights into Batman and different approaches to the character - which is what makes it interesting. I liked the Affleck/Snyder approach, but I'm also very intrigued by what I've seen of Reeves' version so far.

GREEN =w= DAY likes this.
  11. super85 Registered

I am not a obsessed Snyder-fan, its just that the Affleck Batman film that never happened sounded exactly like what I have wanted to see for years. "James Bond feel" and an adventure that happens in the DCEU .

I love Afflecks performance in BvS, Suicide Squad and ZSJL, even if I think all of those films are flawed, and I really am not a big fan of BvS at all. I just think he is really good as both Bruce Wayne and Batman.

I have seen like 8 solo (well a few featured Robin) Batman movies that happen in their own sell contained world. This would have been something new and fresh to me.

What they are doing now does not interest me or feel fresh at all. Most things show up on streamers/HBO MAX etc, so I am sure I will watch it, or at least start watching it at some point, but its just not anything that I am invested in.

#2436 super85, Feb 23, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2022
    Spider-Aziz, elgaz and TheIronist like this.
  12. The Lazarus Pit The Boy Wonder

I did enjoy Batfleck, and i love shared universe Batman but DCEU Batman just wasn’t very close to my ideal Batman. Pattinson/Reeves’ take feels more in line with what I love about Batman. The tone of Superman and Batman felt too similar in the DCEU. I’d love a new Worlds Finest film that accents their differences more than their similarities.

Spider-Aziz likes this.
  13. herolee10 No More Miracles

For all of my issues with the DCEU, Ben Affleck's Batman was definitely not one of them. Warner Bros really missed out in showcasing Ben's portrayal of the character. Personally, I think he's the most comic accurate looking version of both Batman and Bruce Wayne.

14. DCnightwing23 Registered

WB/Johns interference really ruined things. It's unfortunate because Affleck was really BTAS Bruce (for me personally) brought to life and just needed a solo Batman trilogy to cement his take amongst the great ones. I'm happy we'll at least see him one last time in The Flash. Also very happy to hear that experience was a positive one for Affleck too, after all the turmoil in JL and the development of his solo movie that he experienced, glad it's ending on a good note for him.

GREEN =w= DAY and TheIronist like this.
  15. Prison Mike Don't drop the soap!

Take this with a grain of salt…

TheIronist likes this.
  16. I Am The Knight Voilá!

How reliable is she when it comes to WB these days?

17. MbJ Registered

She goes on to close with this.

Which makes me think she's either trying to rile up fans for clout or is gonna try to backpedal and say "Well, I HEARD at one point he wasn't gonna die" if that's what happens. She's pulled the "Trust me, I was right at the time, plans just changed!" card before.

18. TheIronist Registered

I wasn't really sure about the concept of „knightmare batman“ at first but he really grew on me over time. I LOVE it now :hrt:

19. MbJ Registered

I Am The Knight likes this.
  20. Da-Scribe he/him

Thicc Grace had an in with Snyder. Beyond that I wouldn’t listen to a word she says.

Didn’t Yan also put her on blast?

21. Prison Mike Don't drop the soap!

I like how Gunn is active on Twitter and calls out the “scooper” bs directly

22. MOVIELORD101 Utter Smeghead

You want Batman with an assault rifle? A hero who HATES guns and doesn't like using them using one for no reason? Why? If you wanted that, go watch The Punisher.

23. Chip Chipperson the big guy

I mean I don’t really understand it either, but you gotta let people enjoy what they enjoy.

24. Da-Scribe he/him

Knightmare Batman ain’t that confusing. He’s lost everything and he’s at war with alien overlords and their henchbugs.

25. Joined:
    May 2, 2012
    The Batman is the best live action Batman film, but Batfleck is still my favorite version of Bruce/Batman thus far. Battinson molding his Bruce public persona will be interesting to watch, but Batfleck is still the best so far to me.