Justice League Ben Affleck IS Bruce Wayne/Batman - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
We know a lot of the reshoots were to shorten the movie. We also know there was a scene of Batfleck gritting his teeth and of the batmobile shooting out of an already downed and stationary flying fox. We also know parademons at one point were inside the fox (as evidenced by that first BTS featurette they released when they wrapped filming in London). I'm guessing that, rather than having the batmboile shoot out while the fox was still sliding and moving, it was going to crash, skid to a halt and get swarmed by parademons. The parademons would enter, there would be a skirmish between them and Batfleck, he'd shoot them all dead and then he'd burst out with the batmobile.

edit: also supported by the pre-vis footage of the scene.

Last edited:
There are other ways of expressing joy in non-derpy ways.

We know a lot of the reshoots were to shorten the movie. We also know there was a scene of Batfleck gritting his teeth and of the batmobile shooting out of an already downed and stationary flying fox. We also know parademons at one point were inside the fox (as evidenced by that first BTS featurette they released when they wrapped filming in London). I'm guessing that, rather than having the batmboile shoot out while the fox was still sliding and moving, it was going to crash, skid to a halt and get swarmed by parademons. The parademons would enter, there would be a skirmish between them and Batfleck, he'd shoot them all dead and then he'd burst out with the batmobile.

edit: also supported by the pre-vis footage of the scene.

There's previs footage? Goddamn.

There's previs footage? Goddamn.

Yeah don't you remember? In it, Steppenwolf looks like he did in BvS. Also another interesting detail is that in the Flash vs Superman tussle, cops are shooting and bullets are whizzing past the two of them in slow mo, which would have made the scene even cooler.

Actually, I'm guessing Supes throws that truck at them to stop them from shooting and that's when Cyborg blocks it as it's hurling towards them. I guess WB in their crusade to make every character, decision and plotline as middling and inoffensive as possible were like "oh bad place no even in a disoriented state where he violently headbutts a woman into the concrete, we can't have Superman throw a truck at cops. The bloggers will harp about it for days!"

You’d think Batman fans would have a better understanding of what camp actually is considering the wildly popular Batman tv show that is, quite literally, the textbook definition of camp.

xg4jfFE.jpg

Yeah don't you remember? In it, Steppenwolf looks like he did in BvS. Also another interesting detail is that in the Flash vs Superman tussle, cops are shooting and bullets are whizzing past the two of them in slow mo, which would have made the scene even cooler.

Actually, I'm guessing Supes throws that truck at them to stop them from shooting and that's when Cyborg blocks it as it's hurling towards them. I guess WB in their crusade to make every character, decision and plotline as middling and inoffensive as possible were like "oh bad place no even in a disoriented state where he violently headbutts a woman into the concrete, we can't have Superman throw a truck at cops. The bloggers will harp about it for days!"

Far be it from me to defend WB but lets call a spade a spade, the bloggers and anti-Snyder people probably would've hated that and screamed about it nonstop.

I don’t know what “that smile” means, but...no.

Expressing joy is not camp.

Nor is humor.

I agree with your generalizations, but in that scene it absolutely was. And by "that smile" I mean that goofy-ash out of character OMG smile.

I agree with your generalizations, but in that scene it absolutely was. And by "that smile" I mean that goofy-ash out of character OMG smile.

I don’t find it out of character. Batman has been known to smile. It works as a concept precisely because it is not his norm, because Batman doesn’t usually smile, and because he strongy believed Superman was key.

And no...it’s not camp.

Flint is right about one thing...you’d think Batfans would recognize camp. But smiling and happening to look kind of goofy while doing it is not camp. Camp requires a specific approach...it’s not just something that people find silly because of an issue in execution or their own personal biases.

Says something about people’s mindsets that wearing a bat cowl isn’t silly but smiling a certain way is.

Last edited:
I don’t find it out of character. Batman has been known to smile. It works as a concept precisely because it is not his norm, because Batman doesn’t usually smile, and because he strongy believed Superman was key.

And no...it’s not camp.

Flint is right about one thing...you’d think Batfans would recognize camp. But smiling and happening to look kind of goofy while doing it is not camp. Camp requires a specific approach...it’s not just something that people find silly because of an issue in execution or their own personal biases.

Says something about people’s mindsets that wearing a bat cowl isn’t silly but smiling a certain way is.

Not camp, but goofy, imo, especially given how the character has been established thus far. This version of Batman would have smiled in a way that would have been more subtle, but we as the audience know what he's feeling. But it's a symptom of a larger issue with the climax because of lot of that did not feel earned anyway. It's like they ran out of time with the climax and just slapped things together.

And no...it’s not camp.

"Absurdly exaggerated, artificial, or affected in a usually humorous way."

I thought I'd give the definition because I think you and Flint may not be familiar with it.

Im aware Bats has been known to smile, bad place I'm all for it, but im talking about Afflecks character. It was absurdly exaggerated and artificial, especially given what we know about his past.

We're not going to change each other's minds, I'm happy to agree to disagree. However, I don't appreciate the passive-aggresive condescension so if you want to keep going back and forth I'm down for that too.

We're not going to change each other's minds, I'm happy to agree to disagree. However, I don't appreciate the passive-aggresive condescension so if you want to keep going back and forth I'm down for that too.

I think you should pick a better hill to die on. :funny:

I know many view that tattoo as a bit garish but given Afflecks history with alcohol abuse and subsequent struggle, the Phoenix is awfully poetic. His twitter response to Men’s health was hilarious.

I think the reason why Batman smiling (like that) is 'camp' to some as it's something that, i guess doesn't translate well on screen or with Snyders tone. I would have liked to see his version of it

Last edited:
I think the reason why Batman smiling is 'camp' to some as it's something that, i guess doesn't translate well on screen or with Snyders tone. I would have liked to see his version of it

kR8iJWv.jpg

Rewatching JL for the first time and woooboy....Ben's original face vs. his reshoot face...
tenor.gif

Yeah pretty much. Batman smiling isn't anything bad. It's just....this is bad.
DZglgPDVoAAfBx7.jpg:orig

Totally. A smirk, Bruce allowing himself to smile, under the cowl, it's rare - as i suspect Bruce, when Batman is a whole different mindset.
That goofy laugh, well, it's a bloke in a costume - not a man filled with rage on a mission, not letting any emotion distract him. In that moment i expect what would be going through Bruce's head is the consequences, what next, where is he, what is the next step.

It's almost as if, if they changed that scene to a quiet moment, Batman reflecting and giving himself a small smirk, that, to me, is what i know of the character - it almost looks like Ben broke character - which is ironic as i felt like that for a lot of the reshoots.

Last edited:
I can't help but crack up whenever I see that face. :funny:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"