Ben Affleck IS Bruce Wayne/Batman.

News that Ben Affleck will soon be playing Batman has many comic book fans using tissues for their intended purpose for the first time ever.

Ok after thinking about it my first thought was the same as everyone's most likely

Wtf seriously

Like a lot of said he's grown a lot as an actor from the likes of mallrats or phantoms(though he was the bomb) watch stuff like argo, this I just don't know I was the biggest fan of man of steel it was alright but it was missing a hell of a lot of key elements of superman

As for past experience I still defend daredevil, the editing hurt the film more than anything seriously watch the directors cut yeah it still has stupid stuff like the playground but the whole arc of matt doubting himself and finding out the kingpins identity was added back in to make a more fluid film

Costume wise yeah I would love to see something like arkham but sorry isn't happening you could get the greatest designer in the world but it wouldn't make screen with the web producers. Maybe darken the tones down of arkham not to fully black but dark navy and grey and you may have a chance.

Not on board with this puzzling choice at all. And not just because Affleck still looks like a gormless stoner, and not just because he has a Looooong history of barely average performances in specific roles. But because this is another George Clooney casting. He's famous for who he is rather than what he does. I will massively struggle to see anything other than Ben Affleck in a costume. It's going to break the "movie magic" every time I see him on screen next to Cavill, who I found to be a tiny bit bland but still believable in his role.

I don't come on this site anymore because of the negativity and bullcrap, but i just came on to say, If they don't get Affleck to direct the next solo batman film then this deal is wasted completely. Affleck is a good choice, I've given up trying to judge roles beforehand when they made Mr Mom the best Batman and 10 Things I hate about you pretty boy Ledger as the best Joker....oh and the best bond is blond?! how did that happen?

Anyway it could be a lot worse, so I'm good with this, he's been on quite the career resurgence lately.

I don't come on this site anymore because of the negativity and bullcrap, but i just came on to say, If they don't get Affleck to direct the next solo batman film then this deal is wasted completely. Affleck is a good choice, I've given up trying to judge roles beforehand when they made Mr Mom the best Batman and 10 Things I hate about you pretty boy Ledger as the best Joker....oh and the best bond is blond?! how did that happen?

Anyway it could be a lot worse, so I'm good with this, he's been on quite the career resurgence lately.

Agreed, this could be a great movie with Affleck. And I like the sound that it will be an established Batman, so no origin again!

k7dTaLj.jpg

What worries me is that it's gonna be strange to see Batman taller than Supes.

What worries me is that it's gonna be strange to see Batman taller than Supes.

I don't see that as a problem, it's hardly like Affleck is a foot taller than Cavill, and a couple of inches, if the director feels it's a problem, is easily dealt with during filming.

I'm shocked they went with someone over 40.

The idea that Christian Bale is "too old' was laughable before, and even moreso now. I am amazed that they pulled the trigger on someone at Affleck's age.

Not a fan of the choice. I liked him as Daredevil, but most people didn't. And let's be honest, he really isn't that great of an actor. Even now in films like The Town and Argo, he isn't really that good. He rebuilt his career because of his writing/directing abilities, not off of his acting.

That said, I'm not going to fly off the handle and am willing to wait and see where it goes.

The reaction to Afflecks casting is really...underwhelming.

This place was on fire when Bale was cast, Ledger, etc... Just goes to show the level of excitement these films are arousing in people these days. "Oh, another reboot, eh..."

I remember the Bale days and it was not on fire. But then again we didn't have Marvel coming about with a billion movies. Also until we see the suit, we can only speculate.

Also I sorta feel hypes umm posters have moved elsewhere.

This place was on fire when Bale was cast, Ledger, etc... Just goes to show the level of excitement these films are arousing in people these days. "Oh, another reboot, eh..."

Depends what you mean on fire. One of the mods said Affleck's casting has given SHH more traffic than any other casting news.

If you mean positive response, you blew your own argument when you mentioned Heath Ledger, when he was cast 95% of people HATED it.

I remember the Bale days and it was not on fire. But then again we didn't have Marvel coming about with a billion movies. Also until we see the suit, we can only speculate.

Also I sorta feel hypes umm posters have moved elsewhere.

It certianly was on fire compared to this!

People just seem to be fatigued by the reboots and constant changes in actors. It doesn't seem refreshing like it once did and it certainly doesn't feel like a big deal.

Christian Bale was wanted by fans for years before he was actually cast. Completely different situation than what we have now. This reminds me more of the Clooney casting.

With Ledger, I was intrigued. I didn't love the choice immediately, but thought it could work. With RDJ, I thought it was perfect casting from the moment it was announced and couldn't believe I didn't think about him beforehand.

Last edited:
this awesome...I hated bale as batman. Give ben a chance

Depends what you mean on fire. One of the mods said Affleck's casting has given SHH more traffic than any other casting news.

If you mean positive response, you blew your own argument when you mentioned Heath Ledger, when he was cast 95% of people HATED it.

Huh???

lol. did you even see the image I posted with all of the vitriolic responses to Ledgers casting?

Postive, negaitive, any response really. Response seems underwhelming.

Reboots need to stop. Seriously. They are seriously getting out of hand at this point. I'll probably pass on this movie just off principal alone.

They had to reboot this one though because the previous story ended.

I suppose they could have ruined the great ending to TDK by having him come out of retirement but I sure would prefer that didn't happen.

Yeah, Bale getting cast was a huge deal. It was one of the rare occasions where the guy people wanted actually got the part. And considering Bale, the fan favorite, was chosen over the studio choice, Ashton Kutcher, that was an even bigger deal considering what how much nobody wanted him

Ledger had a major uphill battle. He was really getting a ton of hate throughout. Even moreso when we learned the Joker wasn't going to be permawhite.

Ledger got hate because he was "gay cowboy movie Joker." There was nothing wrong with his acting talent.

Apples and oranges. Keaton got complaints because he was a comedic actor and fans were concerned that they were taking the Adam West approach.

It is specifically Affleck's acting ability that is being criticized here. Keaton was already a great actor pre-Batman. Affleck has never had a performance as good as Keaton in Beetlejuice. Plus Burton is a far better director than Snyder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"