Ben Affleck To Team With DC’s Geoff Johns On Standalone ‘Batman’ Film - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which part do you think is a joke? The fact that people who do bad things can have innocent families, or the fact that he killed those thugs and went overboard while doing so..

The bottom line is if they had chosen a different line of work, they wouldn't be in the Batman's path in the first place.

So, yes, your post did come off like a joke. I know I laughed. :D

He goes back to the weapon and lures Doomsday on his journey so he doesn't have to bring it to Doomsday. Batman lures Doomsday back to the abandoned port where he can retrieve the kryptonite and use it as soon as possible against Doomsday. Why is this difficult to understand? He can get the spear and take it back to the uninhabited Stryker's Island, or he can get the spear and take Doomsday along with him to the abandoned port. Both locations are abandoned, but one has the kryptonite spear, so Batman lures Doomsday to the port to save him a return trip.
He brings the monster back to his hometown, abandoned or not, this disaster could spread if they don't contain Doomsday. And in the end, Batman wasn't even the one to get the spear. Lois did, and then Superman was the one to use it. Batman was useless in that fight, just like his useless plan to lure Doomsday instead of doing the easier thing. Which would be, to go get the spear (which saves Lois the trouble of almost dying trying to get it, and saves Supes the trouble of almost dying under water like the moron that he is). Once Bats has the spear, he takes it to Doomsday. Easy enough no?

Do you want to know why it was written that way? They needed a reason to use Lois Lane because at that point she was useless as a character. It gave her something to do (although it made her look really stupid the way she throws the spear away, almost drowns trying to get it, then has to save her boyfriend). That last part is highlighted because that was the main reason for this scene and Batfleck logic. Another scene where Supes saves Lois. Like we needed another one of those.

His involvement in what in MoS? Batman knows how Superman was involved.
Does he though? He obviously has no idea that Superman helped a lot of people, worked with the government, and ended up saving earth. All of that outweighs the death he caused. Hey, i don't agree with all the nonsense destruction that Superman and Zod caused either. It was irresponsible. But the good outweighed the bad because the entire planet, billions of lives were on the line. Bruce couldn't figure this out? He could only see the bad he MAY cause? OK, i agree that he may cause further damage. So speak to him Bruce, investigate, talk to people who were around him that day BEFORE you plan to murder him without any knowledge of anything. Not only that, he decides to not spear his face because Superman cares about his mother. Well yeah and so do a lot of bad men who do evil things, so why shouldn't he die in that moment? Bruce has lost it right? So why wouldn't he kill him? Because he's acting like an idiot no matter how you spin it.

This is not a Batman who should lead or be involved with putting together a Justice League to save the planet. If he loses it over that, murders etc, what is stopping him from doing it again? He'll probably snap again as soon as another alien invasion happens, or as soon as another Robin dies, or hypothetically as soon as a Justice League members decides to betray humanity by going on a killing spree. Bruce is just going to snap for two years again right? He has no control. No discipline. They wrote the WRONG version of Batman for a shared universe like this, who is supposed to lead an entire league of JUSTICE.

It's not useless. Its use is to show what happens when someone lets fearmongering and mental illness consume him. Its use is to show how someone so lost in the dark can be pulled back to the light. Showing how hope can break through the darkest and bleakest of storms is useless?
More like an excuse to sell the film and have a big fight sequence between two characters because it just looks cool to Zack. Like Kevin Smith said, it's like he read The Dark Knight Returns once and only loved the last part when Bats and Supes...without understanding WHY that fight was so good in the first place. There is no logic in the Snyder version of that fight. It's just one big misunderstanding. A misunderstanding because one character, BATMAN, failed to do a simple investigation, failed to listen to Superman when he arrives. Just an excuse to throw some cool visuals at the screen.

He's not still an a-hole if he doesn't do the exact same thing that singled him out as broken in the first place. I don't follow your logic at all.
After he apparently sees the light (does the whole MEN ARE STILL good speech, feels inspired by Supermans humanity) he still shows up to prison with the intention of branding Luthor. That built up punch, towards his head, could have killed him or burnt his face really bad. What if he branded Lex and prisoners take it upon themselves to kill Luthor in prison? My other problem is the placement of the scene. It should have been before the funeral. I'm sure it's after the funeral in the film, i always forget if it is or not. So feel free to correct me if i'm wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"