Ben Affleck To Team With DC’s Geoff Johns On Standalone ‘Batman’ Film - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Nightwing movie isn't getting made. Let's be real here.

If there's question marks over a Superman movie and Flash isn't getting made...

The nightwing movie seems to be moving along pretty well if the updates from the director are anything to go by but okay :funny:

Nightwing has a director and a script in the works with rumors and updates from the director. It'd theoretically be one of the cheaper movies to make. People said the same about shazam not getting made. Look where we are now.

Shazam had a 2011 release date back when Shawn Levy was attached to direct, I believe.
Just sayin'.

That's actually precisely why I think Nightwing does have a chance of getting made. The Bat-Franchise is WB's most profitable and successful. With the rest of their shared universe crumbling around them (except Wonder Woman), I fully expect them to put all their chips on the Bat Horse.

Reeves is the captain of that ship. Unless he's already working behind-the-scenes on fleshing out the supporting universe, I think everything's on hold until he finishes sculpting what this new Batman will be like.

I kinda feel bad for Affleck. Two comic book characters he's gotten to play, and they both tanked.

And neither was his fault.

I kinda feel bad for Affleck. Two comic book characters he's gotten to play, and they both tanked.

And neither was his fault.

He had enough power and influence to push back on some of the poor character choices made in the BvS script. He didn’t.

I was never really on board with Affleck to begin with because he was too big a name and celebrity to really see Batman as opposed to Ben Affleck dressed up as Batman.

After BvS ,his Batman really didn't impress me as much as it did alot of fans, and his Batman in JL was just okay. He was the most physically imposing Batman, and probably had the best fights, but he was never really Batman to me the way Keaton, Kilmer, and Bale were.

That's why I don't consider it a great tragedy that's he's not coming back. He never really became the role for me while Gal did become WW, and Henry did become Superman in my eyes.

He had enough power and influence to push back on some of the poor character choices made in the BvS script. He didn’t.

I don't think I believe that. While he's said that he was on board for Snyder's vision with the character, if he wasn't, I don't think there was anything he could do to change it.

Besides, Affleck was one of the things people did like about BvS. It just sucks that we never got to see him play Bats in a fully embraced world.

I'd want to see a simple 90min Affleck Batman standalone. It doesn't have to be of Epic proportions with tons of stuff blowing up and nor does it need a major villain. Just give me a well written action thriller that shows the best that this Batman has to offer.

Me too. But let's not a waste a good batman idea on Ben Affleck. He's going to put zero effort into it so just recast.

Me too. But let's not a waste a good batman idea on Ben Affleck. He's going to put zero effort into it so just recast.

This.
He had his time and he wants out.
If he was bored after two it’s not gonna get better a 3rd time.

This.
He had his time and he wants out.
If he was bored after two it’s not gonna get better a 3rd time.

I don't think that's really fair. I think the reception to BvS and Justice League probably did a lot of damage to him mentally after the passion, hard work, and hands on approach he exhibited during the production process of the films.

If Matt Reeves can convince Affleck that he doesn't have to shoulder the burden and just focus on the character it'd be something great I feel.

Oh give me a break. Good for him. He's an ass. Call it karma and call it a day.

https://www.dailysabah.com/arts-cul...fleck-prolific-star-of-recent-superhero-films

B.T.: Do you see yourself coming back for another 'Batman' or at this moment are you looking at different projects?

B.A: For me, it's interesting, and I always evaluate this stuff on the merit of the material. I want to direct a "Batman" movie, and I never got a script that I was happy with, so they are starting over and writing another script. And right now, I think a lot of different possibilities I think for the way the DC Universe could go, and I will just follow my interests in pursing that. And I know that I love working with this group of people, and it was a real joy for me to make this movie.

I'm so over this back-and-forth. Announce his departure already WB. :down

or the fans want to much??? but are not conrete?

If you complain only and criticize...

I wanted a Ben Afleck battling supervillians(monsters) movie ... waiting for clayface, poison ivy(with plant monsters and powers) and man-bat so long...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"