Ben Affleck To Team With DC’s Geoff Johns On Standalone ‘Batman’ Film - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure he was filming Ant-Man but why does every bald actor have to be Lex?

They started filming Ant-Man months after BvS started theirs. And not every bald actor have to be Lex but if you saw Stoll's performance in House of Cards, you couldn't help but to think of Lex.

Also Campea is the one who started that Jamie Alexander is WW rumor and claimed he had 1st hand knowledge that she got the role. This is the real reason why he hates Gal Gadot

You're acting like that's completely unprecedented. Spider-Man rebooted after three movies, then again after two.

Problem is that Aquaman is shooting soon and 2 are already in the can. So that would be 6 movies in then a reboot which be stupid. Who's going to want to join a universe that has been rebooted 2 times already?

Last edited:
They started filming Ant-Man months after BvS started theirs. And not every bald actor have to be Lex but if you saw Stoll's performance in House of Cards, you couldn't help but to think of Lex.

Stoll would have been great.

Also Campea is the one who started that Jamie Alexander is WW rumor and claimed he had 1st hand knowledge that she got the role. This is the real reason why he hates Gal Gadot

The man also said that Adrien Brody will be Ant Man in the Edgar Wright version. Edgar Wright said it was not true.

Problem is that Aquaman is shooting soon and 2 are already in the can. So that would be 6 movies in then a reboot which be stupid. Who's going to want to join a universe that has been rebooted 2 times already?

Soft reboot would work. Nothing explicit to say that the existing DCEU isn't part of the narrative anymore, just no mention of it either...

I'm not attached to any of the cast members of the DCEU. I wouldn't encourage a reboot since we're in so deep, but I wouldn't mind it one bit

Jake Gyllenhaal should definitely play Batman if Ben is out. Gyllenhaal is so good he could do Superman too

If I were WB I would've given Gyllenhaal and Gosling a **** ton of money and cast them as Superman and Batman

It just seems so premature. The result of Justice League is unknown and The Batman with Reeves could be a good experience and a successful result. For him to already be considering leaving seems cowardly and lazy, as if he is running away from the responsibility for the result and running away from the responsibility of the work involved like getting in shape, etc.

Don't get me wrong. I sympathize with all of what he must be feeling, and I don't want him to do something if it will hurt him in some way or if his heart isn't in it. However, whatever happens I hope he handles it with grace and, if he doesn't continue, he assists in finding and establishing some sort of replacement whether that is with a protege taking on the cowl or prequels.

Exactly my sentiment, he came in to help BvS, invited Terrio to write the script, did some/moderate re-writes for JL, put into the EP position for JL for editing, and as soon as things turn soar, Zack takes ALL the blame.

Then he walks away.

I don't blame him, but he is definitely a fragile personality, especially after his family issues, which is very sad

We will see...I gotta say though it is rather convenient that this comes out right about when Reeves is signing to make the film. Either the bloggers are looking to troll or Reeves and Affleck dont see eye to eye.

I said in my free statement for WB :cwink: that they could push the narrative of Matt pushing Ben out, well, looks like it can get traction :yay: The purpose of that is to protect Ben and make it look like he reluctantly left rather than actively walk away which would look a tad worse for DCEU.

Guys, this is not the "negative news that comes days after a good news"

Mark Hughes, the supposedly cheerleader for WB, already suggested last week that WB should consider whether to take the bandage out and control the narrative and be transparent, instead of letting things leak out slowly and drag and hurt the narrative, this is BEFORE Matt was announced the director!

Of course Jett has been hinting that Ben's leaving, at the least, he's waiting to see how JL performs. Now you have Cambea with his 3 sources.

I've come to accept that Ben's leaving the universe, and when you have Reeves coming in and start fresh with prequels and ?Jake:ilv:, I look forward to that very much. It'd only hurt more if you think Ben's not leaving then ouch, de javu again.

The warning signs are there, be prepared, and if Ben stays for one more, then rejoice...?

Soft reboot would work. Nothing explicit to say that the existing DCEU isn't part of the narrative anymore, just no mention of it either...

Soft reboot means going new direction but keeping Will Smith, Margot Robbie, Viola Davis, Amy Adams, Laurence Fisherbourne, Jeremy Irons, JK Simmons, William Defoe...etc keeping the SS brand, but start new with others.

General audiences wouldn't care about reboot in fact when they hear reboot they probably feel it's a bad word, anyway, keep the good, change the badly perceived, and move forward. Marvel hasn't even attempted rebooting their universe, way too much of a job for WB to do so already, especially when they have good stuff to build on.

Which made me thinking about Harley quinn and Joker, it would not work for Joker to kill Robin in a prequel with Harley's assistance right? they either make Harley way older now, or ditch the "accomplice to murder Robin"?

I wouldn't be devastated if they just rebooted the whole thing.

There are certain minor aspects I would miss, but nothing major. Everything has been underwhelming so far.

Look, if the talent behind a project is good, no one's going to care how many times a franchise has been "rebooted." It's like saying Bale shouldn't have joined Begins because of Batman and Robin. If there's work to be had, and the vision is straight-forward someone will be there.

There are certain minor aspects I would miss, but nothing major. Everything has been underwhelming so far.

Agreed. Sad, isn't it? There's literally nothing essential in this universe.

I'm not attached to any of the cast members of the DCEU. I wouldn't encourage a reboot since we're in so deep, but I wouldn't mind it one bit

Jake Gyllenhaal should definitely play Batman if Ben is out. Gyllenhaal is so good he could do Superman too

If I were WB I would've given Gyllenhaal and Gosling a **** ton of money and cast them as Superman and Batman

Superman Earth One's look was based off Gylenhaal. But I don't think he is right for Superman. Batman I do agree with.

Same buddy.

I just don't care that deeply about this universe. They haven't 'nailed' a single character yet

The best interpretations of Superman, Batman, Lex, and Joker are all other interpretations

I also have a feeling that Gustin's take is going to be superior to Miller's

Wouldn't mind a reboot one bit.

I know not everyone agrees but I think Hoechlin's 15 mins of Superman blows Cavill out of the water

If they were to reboot I wouldn't mind if they got Hoechlin, even though it's never happen

I would be upset if they abandoned this universe and started over mainly because of the wasted potential. They have great talent involved with their movies and they just ****ed nearly every aspect of it up.

If Ben planned to leave well before, they couldn't make it public as Justice League was well into production already. The absolute earliest they can make this known is after Justice League is released. At that point no further bat-appearances are confirmed.

I know...remember I dont buy any of this anyways. I think Affleck is done after the solo but I doubt he walks away from the contract.

I read an early report on Deadline (I believe) that said Denzel was being sought out for the Lex role. Now that would've been incredible casting.

It's unfair to the people that genuinely enjoy the DCEU. You know, the people that have been voting with their wallets.

^that's why a soft reboot works, keeps everyone(or most people) happy

It's unfair to the people that genuinely enjoy the DCEU. You know, the people that have been voting with their wallets.

While that is true...plenty of people voted with their wallets by NOT going as well.

Just because I paid to get in doesn't mean I enjoyed what I saw.

That hasn't been the case since Man of Steel.

I paid to see those movies. It's because they were so poor that I won't be doing it again.

I saw MOS twice. Enjoyed it for the most part even with all its warts.

Assumed I'd be seeing BvS at least 3-4 times. Barely got through the first time. SS was basically me going with my friends to see if it was really as bad as we had heard. At least it was kinda fun to watch. Only saw it once.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"