Ben Affleck To Team With DC’s Geoff Johns On Standalone ‘Batman’ Film - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

So, are you telling me Zack Snyder could have cast Bryan Cranston as Lex Luthor, but thought Jesse Eisenberg was a better fit?

There aren't enough facepalms in the universe.

3o7abCJnPhzwYzbvDW.gif

"Bryan Cranston would have been great, right? And by the way, he’s an amazing actor. Can you imagine how different the movie would be?”

You mean good, Zack?

Last edited:
So, are you telling me Zack Snyder could have cast Bryan Cranston as Lex Luthor?

Not sure, but he did cast Eisenberg after Eisenberg turned down Jimmy Olson.

So, are you telling me Zack Snyder could have cast Bryan Cranston as Lex Luthor, but thought Jesse Eisenberg was a better fit?

3o7abCJnPhzwYzbvDW.gif

Well he probably decided he wanted to do something different than previous incarnations and put his "stamp" on the character. Bryan Cranston certainly would not be a fit for a young, eccentric, Mark Zuckerberg-esque billionaire, right?

3o7abCJnPhzwYzbvDW.gif

"Bryan Cranston would have been great, right? And by the way, he’s an amazing actor. Can you imagine how different the movie would be?”

You mean good, Zack?
Eh, it was an inspired choice from the get-go. Jesse just didn't turn in the performance everyone expected once they warmed up to the type of Lex he was probably playing.

But yeah, definitely would've been an entirely different film just from one casting, which is pretty nuts. Especially since Terrio tailor-fitted the part once Jesse's contract was confirmed.

3o7abCJnPhzwYzbvDW.gif

There aren't enough facepalms in the universe for you too. He would've been terrible too.

Ugh. Just end this universe once and for all. This has been a clusterf**k from the beginning.

Jeez, rummaging through stuff we should've already read by now.

At that point, they had were still interviewing actors about the Luthor role — most of them older, more imposing figures, such as Breaking Bad star Bryan Cranston.

“We talked about the usual suspects that you would imagine; any actor who has been bald, probably,” Synder says. “Bryan Cranston would have been great, right? And by the way, he’s an amazing actor. Can you imagine how different the movie would be?”

I thought the point was Campea made it sound like Cranston as Lex was a sure-fire thing rather than Snyder rambling like he always does.

Well he probably decided he wanted to do something different than previous incarnations and put his "stamp" on the character. Bryan Cranston certainly would not be a fit for a young, eccentric, Mark Zuckerberg-esque billionaire, right?

Snyder could've done something different with Cranston too, in that he could've finally given us a comic book-accurate Lex.

In the end, Cranston would have been wasted on the movie.

Cranston said himself he wasn't interested in the role.

In any case better get back on topic.

In the end, Cranston would have been wasted on the movie.

Possibly, but boy does this underline Snyder's utter idiocy, and complete unsuitability for the role he found himself in.

Snyder could've done something different with Cranston too, in that he could've finally given us a comic book-accurate Lex.

Yeah, but once he/they decided they didn't want to go that route with the character and "modernize" it, Bryan Cranston would not have made sense.

Bryan Cranston would have been terrible as Lex Luthor?

3oEjHDmLEQgrp0AYPS.gif

He nothing but a sympathetic grandpa who talks cool. When he puts on his show in the breaking bad all I can think about is his character crying in the bathroom when the day is over. He's not the confident, arrogant, obsessed and crazy Luthor we need.

Yeah, but once he/they decided they didn't want to go that route with the character and "modernize" it, Bryan Cranston would not have made sense.

We already have a "modernized" Lex Luthor. I don't know what Snyder was trying to do.

If they couldn't get Crasnton, Corey Stoll would have been perfect.

The Bat is dead. Bury it. Consider this mercy.:sly:

wc6va6D.jpg

Cranston would not have made a good Lex Luthor (he probably would have been a BORING Lex), and IIRC the original script probably got mostly the traditional, old school Lex character. Frankly, you'll will just complain about Cranston as much as you'all complaining about the one we got in BvS.

Regarding Affleck --I don't believe it for one moment the purported rumour as it's akin to 'Chinese whispers'. If the one thing that I believe about Affleck is that the man is committed and will stick to the task. He could also be considering the Batman character from the viewpoint of his advancing age --unless he managed to steal RJD's youth serum. :yay:

Cranston as a boring Lex? I think I've heard it all now..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"