Best Dbz saga

Discussion in 'Misc. TV Series' started by eledoremassis02, Sep 3, 2004.

?

Which is the best DBZ saga

1. Saiyajin Saga

2. Namek Saga

3. Captain Ginyu Saga

4. Frieza Saga

5. Garlic Junior Saga

6. Androids Saga *Aslo Trunks Saga*

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Warhammer

Warhammer Half Monk, Half Hitman

The poll sucks.
    The sagas are too vague. They need to be split up.
    I'm making a new thread for this.

2. Batman Beyond

Batman Beyond A creature of the night

Just please, make sure you divide them like I did. Freeza saga is really one story from the first episode and on, and the rest as also stories of their own.

3. Taiwarriorz21

Taiwarriorz21 Registered

Frieza Saga hands down. Very dramatic and deep.

4. BloodyWolverine

BloodyWolverine Registered

What no Cell saga or Majin Buu saga? You are not a true Dragonball Z fan if you didn't like it when Vegeta helped Gohan beat Cell. Or when Vegeta blew himself up sacrificing himself to stop Buu. Or when Vegeta and Goku finally became friends and fused together. From Cell games to Kid Buu great ending to a cartoon series.

5. Gotenks

Gotenks Registered

This is an old thread.
    Look for version 2.

6. Sakuraba

Sakuraba Seer of Visions

From the time the Earthlings touched down on Namek till the planet blew up, that I consider one saga. And it was easily the best.

7. xwolverine2

xwolverine2 Arkham Assassin

frieza saga is a ****ing masterpiece....

8. SLVRSR4

SLVRSR4 Registered

Cell saga gotta love androids

9. COMPO

COMPO Registered

my favourite saga was the great saiyaman. LOL!

10. pointman

pointman Registered

I wouldn't call it a ,asterpiece but it was pretty damn good, alogside, the cell saga.

11. narutofan236

narutofan236 Registered

Captain Ginyu Saga

12. Vegeta #1

Vegeta #1 Guest

The best was DBGT the Evil Shenlong(Shenron) saga

13. Captain Kirk

Captain Kirk The Captain

:o Hell, no! GT sucks ass! I have to agree with many of you and say the Frieza saga. The human characters were still able to fight with the Saiya-Jins. Damn I can't choose just one because the Cell saga was great with Gohan going SSJ 2. The Buu saga had the total bad ass Majin Vegeta, and SSJ 3 Goku(my favorite SSJ stage!). There's too much goodness to pick just one! But GT should die a slow painful death!:cmad:

14. Warhammer

The best sagas were:

- Android Saga
    - Cell Games Saga
    - World Tournament Saga
    - Babidi Saga

15. cabel

cabel Registered

has anyone picked up the new Vegeta saga box set?

16. Gotenks

Gotenks Registered

Im about to I hear it only like 25 dollars.

17. Captain Kirk

Captain Kirk The Captain

Yes, I love it!:woot: The japanese BGM in the english dub kicks it up to a whole new level of quality! The show plays out in a far more serious tone with the Japanese tracks; for example there are many moments where there is no music tracks ,and the voice dialogue takes center stage. This is important to remember, because if you compare the tone to the previous dubbed episodes there is no moment where there is not an over the top music score. This version gives the show a more mature feel. There are still some script errors which bug me for example; ( Radtiz tells Goku that planet Vegeta was destroyed only three years previous, but the Burdock special shows Goku as an infant at the time) Beyond that I am very pleased with the set, and $30 for 39 episodes its a great deal. The widescreen issue is negligible, and I didn't even notice it! Damn good set!

18. cabel

cabel Registered

I just finished the disc 4.

I've been watching the majority in jap. with subtitles. I try watching the dub, but some lines are just some lines are so cheesy/unnecessary/stupid that I can't bear it.

I didn't think it was possible for dialogue to make a game of russian roullete cheesy.

I'd wish there was more extras though. Nothing major, maybe interviews and commentaries with voice actors.

Otherwise I've been falling in love with the series all over again. The namek/freiza sagas are supposed to be out in May.

19. Warhammer

I will buy the entire revamped Android saga, entire Cell sagas (which will come in one pack), and the World Tournament/Babidi saga.

:up: :up: :D

20. jmk_4000

jmk_4000 Guest

i dont know its hard to tell i gess bur because thats what got me hooked after that ive seen 98%of the show

21. Alexia Dark

Alexia Dark Warrior Princess

I'm talking about the manga here... as far as know, most of it is the same as the dubbed English series...

My favorite has to be the Frieza saga. Many characters involved, all in a new place, an awesome new move, and an amazing final battle. But I hated that Goku didn't actually get to kill Frieza, though. Goku killing Frieza was a symbolic, logical thing. He was the only person who should have done it; he was pure Saiyan, and he was a true hero. Vegeta couldn't do it, he was too selfish. His motive was nothing but revenge for being tricked; he didn't even care that his planet had been destroyed, that his subjects had been killed, that almost his entire species had died. For all his 'Saiyan pride', he only cared about being the best.

I also really liked the Cell saga. Trunks is a great character. He's like Goku in a lot of ways, though smarter and less goofy. I just wish that Cell had done more to Hercule. That character irks me to no end. I wanted him to get his ass kicked so thoroughly, he admits that he is nothing, and crawls on his hands and knees until he's beaten to a pulp and Kamekameha'd into outer space :).

22. Cmill216

Cmill216 Senior Case Officer

Not sure how I like the organization of the sagas. I've always lumped a few of these mini-sagas together based on the overall villain involved:

- The Saiyan Saga (everything pre-Namek)
    - The Frieza Saga (including Namek and Ginyu)
    - The Android Saga (including Trunks and before Imperfect Cell)
    - The Cell Saga (Imperfect Cell through the games)
    - The Buu Saga (tournament through the end)

The Saiyan saga was a solid way to start, but lacked the "oomph" of future arcs. The Buu Saga just killed things for me with everyone being a Super Saiyan and just about everyone being god-like figures.

The Frieza Saga opened the universe to the characters and had some great fights, but I just wasn't too thrilled with how it was paced.

Which leaves the Androids and Cell. And to be honest, I have a hard time picking between them so I'll take 'em both. The sheer amount of brilliant moments within this chunk of episodes blew me away back in the day (Vegeta's glorious transformation into a Super Saiyan, the sheer dread the Androids induced, the fight between Goku and Cell, Gohan's unleashing). I could go on.

Those 73 episodes just put a smile on my face.

23. Warhammer

^Yes.
    The Android and Cell Sagas (overall) are the best.
    Buu kills some good parts of DBZ.

24. Cmill216

Cmill216 Senior Case Officer

The two best parts of that entire Buu fiasco were the Goku/Vegeta fight and the early Goten/Trunks fight. And to be honest, neither of those events really had anything to do with the major villain of that arc, which is sad.

25. Warhammer

Buu Saga redeems itself for me when during the World Tournament.
    The Babidi Saga was such a great little bit of the Buu Saga.
    The tension, and the eventual lead up to Goku vs. Majin Vegeta.

Then, we had Gohan receive training and reach full-potential. Since Gohan is my favorite, there is bias there. Buu got stale, though.
    He stayed out too long and didn't have the staying power that Cell did.