Best Hulk Comic Stories

Team Andino

The Paragon of Virtue
Reaction score
Ive been watching The Incredible Hulk on DVD over an over an over and just kept thinking to myself how great it was an how many good Hulk stories there might be that I probably don't know about. What some of you guys' favorite stories/tales/graphic novels involving The Hulk. I really do wanna read up more on Hulk so any suggestions would be good..

:bh:

Well, I HIGHLY recommend Marvel Platinum: The Incredible Hulk, various stories from every generation of the character since it was created, some great reads in there.

The best solution is to pick up a few trades. Try these.

Transformations
Beauty and the Bohemeth
Incredible Hulk vs The Marvel Universe
Hulk: The End (hardcover version)- This has my two favorite Hulk stories

Those will give you a really good taste of some very good stories without getting too involved in continuity. If you want to get more specific, I'd recommend the John Byrne Visionaries, and any of the Peter David Visionaries trades.

A lot of people like the newer stuff like Return of the Monster and Planet Hulk, but I couldn't get into that stuff.

Cool thanks a lot guys, I plan on going to my comic shop soon to check out what they got. Keep posting them if you can think of anymore.

I'd recommend a ton of Peter David stories but..

Is the Hulk:Visionaires series really worth it?

Also, is Hulk:Tempest Fugit worth a read also?

Last edited:
Anyone got any good 'Savage Hulk' recommendations?

Issues 223-229 are really good. Also 267 and 268 are pretty good too.

Trade paper back? I'm not sure. I'm sure you could get them at a local comic shop or on Ebay.

^Happen to know the names of any of them, there are so many on Amazon I cant tell whether they are about Savage Hulk or not with most of them.

How is World War Hulk? I'm looking for a modern Hulk story that gets to the true nature of the character (like Extremis for Iron Man). Is that a good start?

Start with Planet Hulk before you start with World War Hulk. Otherwise, you'll be lost as to why Hulk is tearing his way through heroes and villains alike.

It's very hard to say what's a good place to start. Besides Pak and David's material, there haven't been a deluge of defining runs on The Incredible Hulk. Even those two take very different approaches; David delved into Banner's psyche, whereas Pak chose to make Banner a background character while he fleshed out the Hulk. So it all depends on which angle you prefer.

It's very hard to say what's a good place to start. Besides Pak and David's material, there haven't been a deluge of defining runs on The Incredible Hulk.

I wouldn't say that at all. Mantlo's monumental run that preceeded David's is highly regarded too.

Through the entire 80's and early 90's (the End of Mantlo's run up through most of David's), TIH was probably the most consistently good comic Marvel had to offer. If you want to search out anything in that era, you should be pretty pleased.

Is the Hulk:Visionaires series really worth it?

Also, is Hulk:Tempest Fugit worth a read also?

I'd say "definitely yes"... and then "kinda yes". The visionaries are gold. Tempest Fugit is good. It's David throwing his typical twist and turns at you. He really forces the reader to think outside the box.

^Thanks, i'll probably end up getting both eventually, but i'll start with Visionaries after I finish PH and WWH.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"