The official INCREDIBLE Hulk thread...........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, Brian Michael Bendis.

Yes, thank you for killing off a rather lame character instead of someone that I actually care about :)

It didn't bother me. If I had to use sarcasm in regards to the story it'd be "thank you Marvel for making the ending of the story so obvious that it was a bore" because honestly, I'd have probably liked that issue if I didn't already know what was going to happen.

Well now that that schtick failed, can Strange go back to being Sorceror Supreme?

Maybe Wiccan this time. Because he totally deserves it. Or better yet, the Hood!

Im back guys!

Anyway, you you all think Hiro is dead or will we see him again sometime in the future?

Nobody ever dies in comics - look at the most recent issue, it's got Jarella, Doc Samson, Talbot, and Bruce's parents (Gee, the Night really seems Blackest in the Marvel Universe, doesn't it. :dry: ) Hiro'll be back.

Nobody ever dies in comics - look at the most recent issue, it's got Jarella, Doc Samson, Talbot, and Bruce's parents (Gee, the Night really seems Blackest in the Marvel Universe, doesn't it. :dry: ) Hiro'll be back.

Dude, I sure hope so.

Incredible Hulks #620 Preview

icr4ig.jpg

Doc Samson is dead? :csad:

Marvel Crowns New "King of the Savage Land"

28rfpfl.jpg

After smashing his way through the cities of the Marvel Universe, Skaar, the son of the Hulk, makes his way into the jungles of the Savage Land this April in a new miniseries by writer Rob Williams and artist Brian Ching, "Skaar: King of the Savage Land."

Skaar, the result of the Hulk's union with the alien Caiera, first appeared during the conclusion to writer Greg Pak's "World War Hulk" event. Skaar grew up on his home planet, Sakaar, becoming an aggressive and ferocious warrior before making his way to Earth with the goal of hunting down and killing his father in battle. During the recent "World War Hulks," the two finally fought it out, with the father versus son battle ending in peace rather than continuing conflict.

Marvel.com announced the new miniseries today in an interview with writer Williams, who spoke about Skaar's personal journey and the Savage Land's royal rumble.

"When we join him, he's an itinerant alien, aimless and without a home," Williams said. "There's something about the Savage Land that speaks to him -- the untamed wilderness, an environment where the strong prosper, and he figures he's the strongest one there is. Of course, he may be wrong. Our story is one of Skaar growing up a little. Having to decide a path of his own that doesn't involve revenge on his father; having to make a home of his own."

The story also features the current king of the jungle Ka-Zar and his wife, Shanna the She-Devil. However, the rumble in the jungle comes as a direct fallout from Ka-Zar losing his ruling position and the resulting civil war erupting that Skaar finds himself directly in the middle of.

"I don't want to give too much away, but the status quo of Ka-Zar as democratic leader is going to be ripped to pieces early on," said Williams. "A very old player with a strong tie to the Savage Land will reemerge and it will lead to civil war between the tribes along with the shutting off of links to the outside world. This is a war for the soul of the Savage Land and Skaar finds himself forced to choose a side.

"We've got Skaar, Ka-Zar [and] Zabu; Shanna living up to her She-Devil title; giant dinosaurs, giant robots, and giant dinosaurs fighting giant robots. And a story that completely changes things for the Savage Land in the Marvel [Universe]."

For the full story, check out Marvel.com and keep it on CBR News for more smashing news!

(Shrugs) That's as good a rug to sweep him under as any.

I'm always up for some Ka-Zar/Shanna/Savage Land action, so count me in!

Huh. Well, that's certainly one way to go with the character. I'll give it a try purely out of appreciation for having such an unexpected concept.

IDK how bad I need to see Skarrypants upstaging Ka-Zar every three panels.

I don't really care about Ka-Zar, so I'm cool with that. Just as long as Zabu gets a good scene now and then.

I'll give it a shot. Savage Land seems to be a good fit for Skaar, for now.

I'm totally in. Skaar's the best thing about Incredible Hulks so I'm eager to read more solo adventures.

But what about what really matters here? Devil f'ing Dinosaur!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"