Best Martial Arts Star

Originally posted by jonty30
Than why are you the only one who's heard of him?:p

If it wasnt for Sonny Chiba, you probally wouldnt have heard of Bruce Lee or Jackie Chan. He is the original Kung Fu star. Do some research & you might learn something.

Originally posted by a1ant
Jackie Chan is a horrid actor, and they wonder why his films fail miserably. He can't carry a film on his own. He always needs a hip co-star to carry the acting weight of the film, and unfortunately that hasn't worked...except for RUSH HOUR. :o

Maybe when he acts in english (obviously not his first language). But in cantonese he's a great actor. Just watch the young master in cantonese when he pours his heart out to his teacher and you'll see he CAN act.

Jet Li is the best martial artist in real life, talentwise he is pretty good but nothing special, film choice wise he bums.

What about MARC DECASCOS ???
Why the heck isn't HE in this list.

The guy did
CRYING FREEMAN...
BROTHERHOOD OF THE WOLF...
DRIVE
ONLY THE STRONG and
errrrrrr CRADLE TO THE GRAVE n lastly

THE CROW series.

Originally posted by guyverjay
Maybe when he acts in english (obviously not his first language). But in cantonese he's a great actor. Just watch the young master in cantonese when he pours his heart out to his teacher and you'll see he CAN act.

Second tht vote... and we're talking about GOOD ACTORS here... no talking about who can do better AMERICAN movies.

Heck 80% of JACKIE CHAN movies are better than most of the crap that comes out... like SWAT... BAD BOYS or CRADLE TO THE GRAVE.

Laslty... he makes wholesome movies that while the entire family can enjoy has amazing fighting choregraphy... which uptil now I've never seen in any movie other than MATRIX n DRIVE.

Originally posted by Bapman
Second tht vote... and we're talking about GOOD ACTORS here... no talking about who can do better AMERICAN movies.

Heck 80% of JACKIE CHAN movies are better than most of the crap that comes out... like SWAT... BAD BOYS or CRADLE TO THE GRAVE.

Laslty... he makes wholesome movies that while the entire family can enjoy has amazing fighting choregraphy... which uptil now I've never seen in any movie other than MATRIX n DRIVE.

That's definitely one thing Chan has done better than any other MA is making movies a family can enjoy.

Bruce Lee hands down best fighter. talent wise Jackie chan even though I don''t find his movies amusing & where does chuck norris rank in this poll???

Originally posted by Ketwol
Bruce Lee hands down best fighter. talent wise Jackie chan even though I don''t find his movies amusing & where does chuck norris rank in this poll???
a good question

Chuck Norris isn't a real martial artist is he?

He is a black belt in Tang Soo Do and Tae Kwan Do. He also has an eighth-degree black belt in Tae Kwan Do.

Oh yeah, sorry I was thinking about Jean Claude.

Jean Claude Van Damme was a Former European Professional Karate Association middleweight champion. He also was a ballerina.

Really? Man, I'd always heard he was an amature who faked his way through looking like a martial artist onscreen.

Originally posted by Zenien
Really? Man, I'd always heard he was an amature who faked his way through looking like a martial artist onscreen.

He was also a celebrity bodyguard. I can't remember who he was guarding at the time, but they suggested he go into movies. The rest, as they say is history.

It was steven SeaGULL who claimed he was a fake because they both hate each other

Steven Seagal is an Aikido-master - 7th Dan.

Father of Kentaro Seagal and Ayako Fujitani.

He also is a Master in Japanese Kendo.

IMDB is such an informative site for this kind of information

Originally posted by Jason C C
He also makes ****ty movies:)

No question of this. He's also scared sh**less of the mob.

Originally posted by Dark Carnage
Isn't that the guy who fathered kick boxing?

No, he has earned black belts in nine different martial arts and trained in other styles. He started Ukidokan. Idon't know waht Ukidokan is, but he started it. His mom was a professional wrestler,

Hd also stared opposite Jackie chan in wheels on meals in which their on screen fight is considered one of the greatest in the history of martial arts movies:o

He also undefeated

Originally posted by Jason C C
Hd also stared opposite Jackie chan in wheels on meals in which their on screen fight is considered one of the greatest in the history of martial arts movies:o

He also undefeated

On IMDB it says that he held 5 world titles for 24 straight years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"