Best Martial Arts Star

Sonny Chiba has:

2nd-Dan Blackbelt in Jûdô

4th-Dan Blackbelt in Ninjutsu

1st-Dan Blackbelt in Kendô

1st-Dan Blackbelt in Shôrinji Kenpô

Originally posted by jonty30
On IMDB it says that he held 5 world titles for 24 straight years.

Now thats HARDCORE:eek:

Can ANYONE top that?

I think not

Originally posted by Jason C C
Now thats HARDCORE:eek:

Can ANYONE top that?

I think not

I bet I can beat him now.

He is dead, isn't he? I don't want him to find me if he's not.

No he's still alive. He just opened his official site not too long ago

No he's still alive. He just opened his official site not too long ago

Damn:(

I'll go start my funeral march. *sniff*

Originally posted by Quentin Black
Jet Li is China's best exported fighter.

If he's truly their best, why didn't they keep him?

Originally posted by Quentin Black
I didn't know they had control of his motor functions :rolleyes:

Then you didn't know as much about him as you thought you did:mad:

Why do you think his acting is so bad?

He's a god damn robot!!!

His acting is better than the other choices (apart from maybe Sonny).

In the Ultimate Fighting championships, it's always been the grapplers that have won.

Originally posted by Bapman
What about MARC DECASCOS ???
Why the heck isn't HE in this list.

The guy did
CRYING FREEMAN...
BROTHERHOOD OF THE WOLF...
DRIVE
ONLY THE STRONG and
errrrrrr CRADLE TO THE GRAVE n lastly

THE CROW series.

AGAIN !!! Where is HE ??? Hasn't anyone seen these ???

The fact that not alot of people even know him shows that he can't be the best STAR:o

The fact that not alot of people even know him shows that he can't be the best STAR:o

I checked with the IMDB website and he doesn't even register.

You cant really say who is the best fighter out of them as they wont fight each other:) The biggest star is probably Lee as he's so iconic although as he's dead its not really right to compare him with the others. The most bankable is prob Chan but none of them will ever be major A list players. IMO if Brandon Lee had survived he would have gone on to become a major star eclipsing all the others.

Originally posted by Grey Area
You cant really say who is the best fighter out of them as they wont fight each other:) The biggest star is probably Lee as he's so iconic although as he's dead its not really right to compare him with the others. The most bankable is prob Chan but none of them will ever be major A list players. IMO if Brandon Lee had survived he would have gone on to become a major star eclipsing all the others.

Chuck Norris was probably the biggest star until Chan.

Yeah when it comes to star power Bruce has em all beat. But I guess that's also partly due to him bringing martial arts to america and to foreigners in the first place so everyone thanks him so much(that and he developed a method to fighting that revolutionized martial arts as we know it).

So yeah as a star and a fighter Bruce has em all beat...Jackie's still the best actor. Just watch Drunken Master(with subtitles. screw the dubbed version) and you've seen all you have to of his work(please don't watch Fist of Fury 2. I beg of you!).

Originally posted by Savage
Yeah when it comes to star power Bruce has em all beat. But I guess that's also partly due to him bringing martial arts to america and to foreigners in the first place so everyone thanks him so much(that and he developed a method to fighting that revolutionized martial arts as we know it).

So yeah as a star and a fighter Bruce has em all beat...Jackie's still the best actor. Just watch Drunken Master(with subtitles. screw the dubbed version) and you've seen all you have to of his work(please don't watch Fist of Fury 2. I beg of you!).

Is that druken master I or II

Originally posted by jonty30
I checked with the IMDB website and he doesn't even register.
are you sure you're spelling his last name right maybe THATS why he doesnt come up

Originally posted by 3dman27
are you sure you're spelling his last name right maybe THATS why he doesnt come up

What IMDB does in case of misspellings is creates a list of the first name given with all possible last names and takes the last names and creates a list of all possible first names. I cut and pasted from your spelling to try and find it. I have found that sometimes if the actor is a fairly minor one, using his name doesn't always register, his name will appear in the movie instead. So I'll take the list of movies you listed and see what comes up.

I found him.
I found through crying freeman.

He was the 1982 European Kung Fu and Karate Championship -- Brown Belt Division and 1982 Italian Kung Fu and Karate Championships -- Brown Belt Division

He also only drinks tea and water.

and a fighter Bruce has em all beat...

You cant say that - there's no doubt lee was a good fighter but the others are all very capable too. You cant compare them.

Originally posted by Grey Area
You cant say that - there's no doubt lee was a good fighter but the others are all very capable too. You cant compare them.
Yes I know they are all capable fighters as well but Bruce's methods just seem like they can overcome the old fashioned ways in which people like Chan and Li are trained...I guess you just have to read Tao of Jeet Kune Do to see where I'm coming from. This man has really developed ingenious methods.

And Wildchild I'm refering to part one which is just Drunken Master. Part 2 is The Legend of Drunken Master.

Yes I know they are all capable fighters as well but Bruce's methods just seem like they can overcome the old fashioned ways in which people like Chan and Li are trained...I guess you just have to read Tao of Jeet Kune Do to see where I'm coming from. This man has really developed ingenious methods.

And Wildchild I'm refering to part one which is just Drunken Master. Part 2 is The Legend of Drunken Master.

I have read The Teo of Jeet Kune Do:) The thing is Bruce had ideas about doing things his own ways but whose to say they were right?? What i've learnt most about fighting styles is to do whats best for you - Bruce Lee said "if it works use it" thats somethng i strongly believe in when it comes to fighting. The thing is just cause he wrote that and developed his own style that doesnt mean he's the best. There are and will contine to be much better martial artists than Bruce Lee. Thats why i feel it's wrong to just say "bruce would kick their @ss - you dont know that. You like his writing and ideas great but you cant say he's better unless they ever fought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"