Best Martial Arts Star

meh this has become a spam fest:mad:

Topic people!!!

Originally posted by guyverjay
meh this has become a spam fest:mad:

Topic people!!!

I'm sorry. It's fun to tweak certain people, those with tic tacs.

Martial arts film existed BEFORE Bruce Lee. What Bruce did was make the west take notice. But considering that 95% of Jackies career was made in HONG KONG, it wouldnt have made any difference to him:o

In fact Jackie ALMOST failed BECAUSE of Bruce lee. Everyone wanted to make him (and everyone else) into bruce lee and it just wasn't him. He made his OWN style and became a success in his own right
Yeah...*Has horrible flashback of Fist of Fury 2* *shudders*:(

Bruce Lee wins because he is a bad mother****er.

Bruce Lee and Jet Li are tied for my #1 spot. I've always preferred martial arts actors that had that dragon kind of look. Jet and Bruce have it but Jackie doesn't. That doesn't take much away from Jackie though...he's a close 2nd.

Favorite film of each....

Bruce Lee - Fist of Fury

Jet Li - Fist of Legend

Jackie Chan - Police Story

Originally posted by Assassin32
Bruce Lee wins because he is a bad mother****er.

What he said ^^

That Dragon kind of look??

What on earth are tou talking about?:confused:

and what has their look got to with the quality of their films?:confused:

Originally posted by Crimson_Dynamo
DONNIE YEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PURE TALENT
HELL YEAH!!!:cool: ...In his own movies anyway. I try to avoid his Fist of Fury movies(like all Fist of Fury movies having nothing to do with Bruce Lee...still can't believe they used the Robocop theme:( ).But yeah. Yen is definately one of my current faves.

That Dragon kind of look??

What on earth are tou talking about?:confused:

and what has their look got to with the quality of their films?:confused:

What I mean by Dragon look is that "you're about to get your ass beat down" kind of look lol. Bruce and Jet both have that arrogant sneer they can project that intensifies their fight scenes...

JetLiYulaw.JPG

BruceLeeCC.JPG

As much as I like Jackie he has this wounded "please don't hurt me" kind of look lol. Probably because he rarely ever plays the tough guy character and he's more playful in his comedic style.

Originally posted by hitmanyr2k
What I mean by Dragon look is that "you're about to get your ass beat down" kind of look lol. Bruce and Jet both have that arrogant sneer they can project that intensifies their fight scenes...

JetLiYulaw.JPG

BruceLeeCC.JPG

As much as I like Jackie he has this wounded "please don't hurt me" kind of look lol. Probably because he rarely ever plays the tough guy character and he's more playful in his comedic style.
Wow. I've never even noticed the similarities in look before.

Bruce Lee was The Master
And still is
NO ONE matched his grace & power

If we're talking 'star', then it is hands down Bruce Lee. He's one of the icons of the 20th century, for goodness' sake.

Agreed. Bruce Lee CREATED the title "Martial Arts Star."

Without his pioneering work in cinema and tv, there wouldn't be the level of interest around the world in the genre, and guys like Jackie Chan and Jet Li wouldn't be as well-known as they are.

Originally posted by Daggard
Agreed. Bruce Lee CREATED the title "Martial Arts Star."

Without his pioneering work in cinema and tv, there wouldn't be the level of interest around the world in the genre, and guys like Jackie Chan and Jet Li wouldn't be as well-known as they are.
i have to agree with daggard without mr lee martial arts would probaly still be considered dirty fighting like its critics first called it

Even though I like Chiba, Gordon Lui, and the Venoms more I would have to go with Bruce Lee.

Bruce Lee is the best in his time

I say Jet Li nowadayz

Kiss Of The Dragon is an AWESOME movie

They're all cool, but the baddest mother to ever walk the planet is Sonny Chiba!! All the other guys do their thing no doubt, but sonny was the absolute first to rip out your throat, take out your eyes, break both your arms, knock your teeth out, snatch your genitals completely off, and then take your girlfriend and dare you to do anything about it!

this man would just plain kick your _ _ _ ! No fancy moves, no flying through the air, none of that stuff, just his foot knee deep in your _ _ _!

His fighting is so brutal that he is the very first martial artist to get an X rating for the violence in his movies!

You can have all the others, but as for me, I'll take my man Sonny Chiba, the baddest mother around! If you don't know, you better ask somebody!!

They are all great but I had to choose Bruce Lee, there was something about him that just wanted you to study martial arts after you seen one of his movies.

Another underrated martial artist who doesn't get his due is Wesely Snipes even though many of his movies don't focus on it. He is very dedicated to it, check the link http://www.fightingmaster.com/actors/snipes/training.htm

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"