Best Martial Arts Star

Originally posted by Quentin Black
Not very interesting.

I'm not referring to Asians as an ethnicity, but Asians that actually live in Asia:)

Really?

The wny do soo many Japanese manga,anime and video games creators make stuff based on it:confused:

Originally posted by guyverjay
Really?

The wny do soo many Japanese manga,anime and video games creators make stuff based on it:confused:

I personally assume that they have the same reaction to European Medievalism that I do when watching a movie taking place in ancient Asia, it's interesting because it's different and a chance to learn something.

You watch the Record of lodoss war (basically the Japanese take on LOTR). Its an all time classic in Japan

I go to Hong Kong a lot and a lot of my friends (who are Indian) go to India a lot. It's not very interesting for any Asian I know of.

There are few examples I can think of where Asian people have emulated European medevil stuff.

To be fair 90% of all films made in india are musicals (yes sterotypical but it happens to be true)

I would say 95%. It because they don't have a seperate music industry so all their music are clips from films. My friend made me sit through some of them. One thing they can't do...action. On the other hand Hong Kong movie industry (arguably the third biggest after Hollywood and Bollywood) are very good at doing highly stylised stuff, which includes a lot of action, which a lot of Hollywood seems to be copying. Apart from in parts of the world of Manga medievil european influences are rarely seen (werstern done manga doesn't count btw).

Record of lodoss war
Tales of crystania
Chronicles of the heroic knight
The Heroic Legend of Arislan
Bezerk

are all examples of Japanese manga]

Plus there are games RPG's like the Dragon quest, Final fantasy, shining force etc

All HEAVILY influenced by european Medieval periods. In fact the first two series of games have been there most popular game series in over a decade (especially Dragonquest).

Plus there is manga based on other european time periods like Vampire hunter D, Ulyssees etc

It sounds like Asians like European Medievalism than Quentin wants to admit. Just like a Brit, likes to understate things.

Then there are the thousands of more famous manga titles which aren't influenced by European Medievalism. Jonty notice that I did mention that some Manga has influences there...but that's about it. Just like Bush, you like to exaggerate everything.

Then there are the thousands of more famous manga titles which aren't influenced by European Medievalism. Jonty notice that I did mention that some Manga has influences there...but that's about it. Just like Bush, you like to exaggerate everything.

I can't exaggerate the goodness of Bush.;)

Tell me, does his feeces smell nice?

Like it or not the Asian people on the whole aren't that interested in European Medieval times.

Originally posted by jonty30
It sounds like Asians like European Medievalism than Quentin wants to admit. Just like a Brit, likes to understate things.

Hey I'm a Brit too you know:o

The feeling is mutual.

Well, since we have so much in common and I know what smooth skin you have, we should go see the justice of the peace.

You're an idiot is why.

I promise that our children will study hard, so that won't be a problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"