Guardians of the Galaxy Best post convert 3D film by far!!!

Tony Stark

Armored Avenger!
Reaction score
For those seeing this in 3D and IMAX 3D, or those on the fence to see 3D or not. Spend the money for 3D, preferably IMAX 3D if you can.

This is quite simply the best post conversion 3D film to date, and perhaps the 2nd best 3D movie with Avatar taking the lead for obvious reasons.

The post conversion 3D technology has come such a long way, and the spectacle is unbelievable in this film. There are scenes that are just beautiful to see and harkens back to some of the great sci-fi movies of the past.

The 3D craze took off with Avatar, but I think audiences were so reluctant because the quality was spotty. In Avengers Whedon chose a different aspect ratio because it was easier to post convert, but after this film, I think people have found a way to go for the wider aspect ratio but still achieve a high quality of visual effects through the post conversion.

It will be interesting to see if Audiences will become more willing to embrace 3D with these breakthroughs in technology. It also will be interesting to see if any other film can match the quality of these visuals in post conversion 3D.

Agreed. I saw it in IMAX 3D last night and regular 2D this morning, and I actually missed the 3D on this 2nd viewing. It was very well done.

Your right this movie has to be seen in 3D! First watched it in 2d thursday night then 3D last night, it was like watching a new movie! Visually stunning in 3D!! Loved it more the second time.

Completely agree with this. I saw an early screening last week and it was 3D which made me a little uneasy before the movie. As the scenes played out though everything looked fantastic. The depth they were able to achieve with this one is fantastic. I'd say it's the best 3D I've seen since Avatar as well, but I've not watched many movies in the format. I saw 2D last night and missed the 3D also. I'm hoping it will still be in my local IMAX next week so I can catch it again.

This is probably the first time that I was actually pleased with post-converted 3D. There were a couple times when there were explosions and debris "flying" at me that I actually flinched because I thought it was coming at me. I've never done that before in a post-converted film. I also think another scene that showed off the quality of the post-conversion was when Groot released all the particles of light on the Dark Aster. It was absolutely gorgeous and brought some real depth/ambiance to that scene.

Gorgeous is the word for that scene with Groot and the spores of light, plus the many scenes of space. It was like they took their inspiration from the amazing pictures taken by the Hubble Deep space telescope. When they first flew into Knowhere the depth of field was stunning.

My response to the thread title: BY FAR! (If you saw it in a good theater with bright image. Preferably IMAX or at least one of the knockoffs like RPX. I saw the preview in IMAX 3D which was superb and the full movie in an RPX 3D theater also good)

Last edited:
The difference is Gunn actually shot for 3D, as opposed to tacking the 3D after the fact like most post-conversions.

I dont know.......

3D wasnt always great tbh

Some shots were a bit murky

I thought Thor TDW looked better in 3D

I watched it in 3D and I honestly don't remember noticing that it was 3D. So I guess it wasn't bad that it wasn't distracting, but at the same time it was pretty pointless.

It was very effective. You can tell Gunn and co really took their time with it.

I thought the 3D was much better than the other Marvel movies. I don't remember explosions or debris flying at me though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"