Superman in 3D

Timstuff

Avenger
Reaction score
I was wondering... What's the possibility that Snyder would shoot Superman as a 3D film? He already does all his stuff in digital so it wouldn't be that big of a leap for him, and his last film, Legend of the Guardians, was done in 3D. Given the recent "meh" response to a lot of 3D conversions I kind of doubt Warner Bros. would bother to do a post-production conversion if the movie is shot in 2D, however if the shoot it as a 3D film the results could be pretty spectacular. Seeing Superman fly and preform his heroics in 3D could be a very spectacular experience, as long as they don't overdo it and make the movie feel cheesy when you see it in 2D (aka, shooting it for 3D instead of shooting in 3D).

Warner Bros. canceled the 3D version of Harry Potter and the Dealthy Hallows, and Green Lantern is only being released in 3D for select theaters. I think this is good since these films are only conversions anyway, and post-production 3D conversions, at best are "OK," but never seem to reach what movies like Avatar or animated features manage to pull off. If they're going to do Superman in 3D, I want them to do it the right way, and I don't want it to detract from the experience of seeing it in 2D.

Didnt Snyder already say that they might do 3D here? I think he did, but I'm linkless.

Weeeell, thing is WB only canceled the 3D post-conversion on Deathly Hallows - Part I. They noticeably didn't breath a word about the final Potter movie hitting this July.

But yeah, I'd imagine Superman will be in 3D.

If done the right way, a 3D Superman film is a no-brainer.

since Nolan likes film and 2D i woldnt be suprised if they make Superman without 3D like Batman.

i hope that Snyder is not forced. if he wants 2D let him.

WB has said all of their blockbusters from now on will be in 3D. Nolan is the exception.

If they film it in 3D instead of converting it though, it should be much better.

It still gives me a headache and messes with my eyes though. Not something I like to feel during a midnight showing.

I hope so.

It's makes sense that the next Superman film be completely filmed using 3D cameras or even 3D IMAX cameras? Absolutely. It really is a no brainer.

The time is NOW! :supes:

Last edited:
snyder chose not to post convert sucker punch because he said he did'nt want to ruin his own film so atleast he unlike other Hollywood directors has some sense

Weeeell, thing is WB only canceled the 3D post-conversion on Deathly Hallows - Part I. They noticeably didn't breath a word about the final Potter movie hitting this July.

But yeah, I'd imagine Superman will be in 3D.

Filmed with 3D cameras or converted?

With Zack directing, they should just shoot the film using the 3D cameras.

Some scenes, like all the flying around, obviously have HUGE potential here, but other than that I dont see the necessity for it.
Still just a gimmick IMO unless it's actually something conceptual within the story itself which I doubt this will be.

This movie will make more money if it is released in 3D as well as 2D. And we are talking possibly hundreds of millions. Is there any doubt?

And don't forget that extra money that 3D films make when released on Blu-ray. With 3D broadcasts, and digital downloads there is just too much money for WB to ignore. The 3D haters won't stop Superman from being released in 3D. Besides there is always the 2D version for them.

Now a days they have those battery operated 3D glasses here and most of the time they're worthless. Blinking or one side goes dark. I constantly have to go back and get a replacement pair... Just pisses me off to no end. Those tickets shoot the price up considerably. Only one time has it worked like it was supposed to and that was a great experience. It had better been because that would have been the last time. As much as I would Love to see a Snyder directed Superman in 3D... I don't know if I'd want to risk a bad experience with those Stupid glasses.
Unless, I could buy my own ... (mmh not a bad idea)

i can't imagine them NOT filming this in 3D. Superman is possibly WB's most recognizable name. his shield is more popular than Mickey Mouse's silhouette...and this is Superman's last chance at redemption. they've GOT to go all out!!!

snyder chose not to post convert sucker punch because he said he did'nt want to ruin his own film so atleast he unlike other Hollywood directors has some sense
this gives me hope for Snyder. very smart move and it shows that he has enough pull to make some key decisions.....meaning that he's not just a puppet.

I hate hate hate 3D. I hope this flick isn't in 3D but it probably will be.

why you hate 3D? you blind in one eye or somn? just wondering...

Yeah, I'll never understand why people would hate 3D so much, even good 3D.

why you hate 3D? you blind in one eye or somn? just wondering...

Actually I kinda am.

My left eye is very bad I can't read with both eyes and 3D makes it very difficult for me to enjoy movies.

well i was just speaking to one of my buddies a lil' while ago and i can understand why he hates 3D. he's 90% blind in his left eye so he has no depth perception and isn't able to enjoy movies when the rest of our crew goes to see 3D movies...but that's pretty understandable.

if it's just a "3D is a gimmick" mentality then i'm just like "get over it"...

Actually I kinda am.

My left eye is very bad I can't read with both eyes and 3D makes it very difficult for me to enjoy movies.
aw man, i'm sorry to hear that. i genuinely feel bad that you can't enjoy 3D. good news is that the gods saw fit to grace you with a spare ;)

aw man, i'm sorry to hear that. i genuinely feel bad that you can't enjoy 3D. good news is that the gods saw fit to grace you with a spare ;)

heh, don't worry about it. I just want to be able to see a kick ass Superman film in the theater without being uncomfortable. It annoys me to no end that I may have to pay extra to see a movie that I can't fully enjoy.

well undoubtedly they'll release it 2D regardless of if they film in 3D.

I'd much rather they opt for native IMAX shooting like TDKR. 3D may add some visual glamour for the spectacle, but IMAX is a much larger jump to the extraordinary. The mammoth canvas it provides on the screen would suit the epic turn this film likely will take.

i'm not too crazy about IMAX. i like liemax (the smaller IMAX screens) but IMAX is overwhelming sometimes. plus, i'd rather be able to watch this movie at home in 3D than for it to take up my ENTIRE screen.....but that's just me.

The problem with Imax is that there aren't enough real Imax screens out there to truly appreciate the quality of it. Liemax screens don't really cut it, and even if you enjoy them there's not really enough of an advantage to shooting in Imax if you're just going to watch it in Liemax anyway. A regular sized print that's been upscaled won't really look that much different from a film shot on actual Imax cameras if it's in a Liemax theater.

Also, there's no way that they'd shoot all of MOS in Imax anyway, since Christopher Nolan already said that TDKR will only be partially Imax, like TDK. Nolan is THE expert on Imax, and if he says now is not the time for an all-Imax movie, why would a man who has never even used Imax before try to shoot a whole movie in it!?

Snyder has worked with 3D, and he is huge into shooting with digital. It makes sense that he'd do Superman as his first live action movie shot in 3D, and I'm sure that Warner Bros. would be happy to front the cash necessary to shoot on 3D cameras.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"