Superman in 3D

I dont care if its 2, 3, 6, or 8D as long as its a good film. Thats the main thing.

no news on 3D cameras means that they will film with normal cameras. and this means that it will be post-converted. and since i found out that i will only get Thor in 3D i am now f... up for Superman.

They might still film plenty of scenes using IMAX cameras possibly yeah? If they post convert Superman, then I'm sure WB's will make sure it looks fine.

aha WB will make it look fine? WB made every postconversion before superman bad. but with superman it will be different. why? because you hope so?

If Superman is going to have a 3D release, I hope for two things;
1) That it is filmed in 3D and not converted during post
2) A 2D version is available at the cinemas so that we have a choice of how to view

That way there is no problem, and we all get what we want.

BTW, I love (real) 3D movies.
Recently bought a 42" 3D Panasonic plasma TV and 3D Blu-Ray player and was blown away with the 3D quality on my Avatar 3D Blu-Ray disc.

But people should always have the choice at the cinema as it is not for everybody. Whether it is because of a choice or physical issue, makes no difference, you should not have to pay extra to either get a splitting headache or not see the effect.

Last edited:
I have zero issues with 3D. Not my preference, and therefore will see Superman in 2D regardless. If they can make an awesome 3D flick, more power to them. One thing I will say though is that I want it in no way to affect the story or the cinematography. I know that sounds silly but basically as some have mentioned, there are times when you are watching a movie in 2D and you can tell that a particular scene or a particular shot were done so SPECIFICALLY AND FOR NO OTHER PURPOSE THAN the 3D. I want no part of that.

I have not seen a single 3D movie that has done such a thing. Not a modern 3D movie, anyway.

I have nothing against 3D but I like the option of 2D or 3D.
Don't force it on me.

i hope its imax format instead of 3D

i hope its imax format instead of 3D

It will probably be availablein Imax and 3D. It's not like Snyder will film with Imax cameras anyway, though, because they are huge, loud, expensive, and the film reels are huge and don't have much time on them. Nolan is pretty much the only guy who could hypothetically make a fully Imax movie work, but he just sticks to filming select scenes in Imax. Snyder has never even touched an Imax camera, so I don't know why he'd start now.

the only way to watch Thor was in 3D here. so i watched it in fake 3D. edges were blury. sometimes they didnt have proper 3D on the face. of course its impossible to make a complex cape with folds in 3D look good. so it failed.

i am defeated. last year i was a huge 3D fan. and right now it looks like the only was to watch SUperman in the theater will be in bad quality. so it looks like i will not watch a f.... superman movie on a big screen.

Last edited:
i am defeated. last year i was a huge 3D fan. and right now it looks like the only was to watch SUperman in the theater will be in bad quality. so it looks like i will not watch a f.... superman movie on a big screen.
A bit early for this doom and gloom nonsense. There have been no news on how the film will be shot, only that Snyder is experimenting with a new 3D method that uses film instead of digital.

Regardless, fat chance you'll skip out on this movie. See you opening day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"