The 3D looks bad.

According to Kevin Feige, all of the special effects were original shot in 3D, it was the non special effects shots that were converted to 3D

According to Kevin Feige, all of the special effects were original shot in 3D, it was the non special effects shots that were converted to 3D

I still don't think Thor needs to be in 3D but I understand why they're doing it.

If your going to do it though then thats a solid compromise. Kind of like Tron, where everything was not in 3D, just certain sequences and it blended nicely.

parts of AVATAR were converted and that turned out okay...

honestly i didnt think the 3d looked that god awful in the trailer. it was obviously post processed but it certainly wasnt terrible looking ala clash of the titans.

I still don't think Thor needs to be in 3D but I understand why they're doing it.

If your going to do it though then thats a solid compromise. Kind of like Tron, where everything was not in 3D, just certain sequences and it blended nicely.

honestly almost everything after sam got into the grid was in 3d. now sum was of it was obviously more apparant, but it was all in 3d in some subtle way im pretty sure.

I was disappointed with Tron because the Thor trailer wasn't ON the 3d tron and tron didn't seem all that great.

I was disappointed with Tron because the Thor trailer wasn't ON the 3d tron and tron didn't seem all that great.

I LOVED Tron. Had a far better story than I thought it would.

That sucks though, I got Thor when I saw it.

I LOVED Tron. Had a far better story than I thought it would.

That sucks though, I got Thor when I saw it.
I liked the movie just not the 3D. I felt ripped off because Thor was SUPPOSED to be attached, and the 3D was lousy. :(

I liked the movie just not the 3D. I felt ripped off because Thor was SUPPOSED to be attached, and the 3D was lousy. :(

Yeah, the 3D for Tron was kind of nonexistent, might as well of watched it in 2D the whole way through.

I said it before and I'll say it again, this 3D is a scam just for the studios to make more money. 3D really isn't necessary, and when used the difference isn't obvious.

I saw TRON: Legacy twice and didn't get the Thor trailer either time. :argh:

The problem with 3D is that when it's done exceedingly well (ala Avatar), you quickly forget about it unless you're really looking for it because it's so seamless, so it becomes rather pointless to have it in the first place.

However, when it's done poorly, it's incredibly distracting.

The problem with 3D is that when it's done exceedingly well (ala Avatar), you quickly forget about it unless you're really looking for it because it's so seamless, so it becomes rather pointless to have it in the first place.

I agree, bad 3D can be VERY distracting.

3D is a scam. First of all it only works well with animated movies, pixar for example. But it doesn't seem to work well with Live Action, and its pointles anyway.

3D works with live action (see Avatar), but only if the movie was shot with equipments that are capable of converting finished materials to 3D, and not post-production conversion. So far, none of the movies that were processed into 3D but not filmed as 3D have looked good. It's a sham.

I'd personally NOT watch a movie in 3D. I liked it in Avatar (and Jackass :awesome: ), but I usually find myself so distracted. Honestly, I really can't stand wearing the dumb glasses. They bother me and I end up being preoccupied with them.

I'll definitely be waiting for some reviews before I decided whether to see Thor in 3D. It has to sound really worth it or I'll just sit back and enjoy the 2D version.

I'd personally NOT watch a movie in 3D. I liked it in Avatar (and Jackass :awesome: ), but I usually find myself so distracted. Honestly, I really can't stand wearing the dumb glasses. They bother me and I end up being preoccupied with them.

I'll definitely be waiting for some reviews before I decided whether to see Thor in 3D. It has to sound really worth it or I'll just sit back and enjoy the 2D version.

I feel the same way, I'll most likely be seeing the 2D version of THOR before the 3D version anways.

personally, i didn't find the Avatar 3d all that spectacular either.
looked good, but totally unnecessary, not to mention the friend i went with got a headache and took off the glasses 30 minutes in.

it sucks that were stuck with this money-making ploy destroying good movies

Could not agree more. Nothing's been as stunning as Avatar's 3D effects. Not even the animated movies like Megamind.

I saw the THOR trailer in 3D - "Thanks, but no thanks, Kenneth. I'd rather enjoy your movie."

Could not agree more. Nothing's been as stunning as Avatar's 3D effects. Not even the animated movies like Megamind.

I saw the THOR trailer in 3D - "Thanks, but no thanks, Kenneth. I'd rather enjoy your movie."

Yep I'm more interested in the quality of the movie than the qaulity of the 3D.

Actually, everything was 3D. I haven't done a careful review of the real world sequences, but I've read several claims that the supposedly 2D footage was a little off the plain of the screen.

I saw TRON: Legacy twice and didn't get the Thor trailer either time. :argh:

There's a major problem with the Thor trailer. Some idiot thought it would be a good idea to plaster a code name over everything. And I mean everything. To cue up a Thor (3D) trailer on a doremi server we have to forage through the list and assign "Northman" to the trailer pack. :doh:

It seems to me that not even the film booker of my cinema chain is aware of this. And since he keeps putting Green Lantern (3D) on his lists (which we don't even have), it doesn't take much guesswork to figure how I've been filling the gap. :oldrazz: I'd say half the cinemas out there, that have yet to start running the Thor (3D) trailers, haven't run them yet because their staff have yet to figure out what "Northman" is. :whatever:

I said it before and I'll say it again

Why? Does repetition make people start paying attention to whining?

I want to see it in IMAX.. but that means i have to see it in 3D ughhh ( we need more imax theaters stat)

Closest Imax to me is 3 hours away Nick. I would LOVE to see Thor in 3D on an Imax Screen, but not if it means traveling 3 hours. Gas isn't cheap these days.

Closest Imax to me is 3 hours away Nick. I would LOVE to see Thor in 3D on an Imax Screen, but not if it means traveling 3 hours. Gas isn't cheap these days.

^^^ I feel the exact same way

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"