Superman in 3D

Count me among the people who hate 3D.

It's a gimmick, a smoke and mirrors gimmick. Quite simply, it takes away from the story and character progression. The Filmmakers become more interested in making the the 3D look super duper cool above anything else and the film as a whole suffers.

And Avatar, from a story perspective, was an intergalactic pochahantas.

Count me among the people who hate 3D.

It's a gimmick, a smoke and mirrors gimmick. Quite simply, it takes away from the story and character progression. The Filmmakers become more interested in making the the 3D look super duper cool above anything else and the film as a whole suffers.

And Avatar, from a story perspective, was an intergalactic pochahantas.

But the problem with Avatar wasn't story and character progression, it was the substance itself. It was simply a story we had seen before. I don't think the technology itself takes away from story and character progression (blame that on the studios). Toy Story 3 is a good example. Yes, it was animated, but the character progression was there and the 3D use was still great. Cameron proved that 3D can look great in live action film.

What it's going to take is a director to come and use 3D both responsibly, and for a more "high concept" film. Still, people will still probably b***h about it.

The problem has also been the movies: Avatar (I liked it but the story at it heart is one that has little interest among many people), Alice in Wonderland, and Green Hornet isn't helping the case. If Inception was in 3D that would've been a big push toward people liking 3D because it was much better than the aforementioned 3 movies.

For 3D, that perfect storm of live action, great script, high concept, great director, and great 3D still has yet to come

But the problem with Avatar wasn't story and character progression, it was the substance itself. It was simply a story we had seen before. I don't think the technology itself takes away from story and character progression (blame that on the studios). Toy Story 3 is a good example. Yes, it was animated, but the character progression was there and the 3D use was still great. Cameron proved that 3D can look great in live action film.

What it's going to take is a director to come and use 3D both responsibly, and for a more "high concept" film. Still, people will still probably b***h about it.

The problem has also been the movies: Avatar (I liked it but the story at it heart is one that has little interest among many people), Alice in Wonderland, and Green Hornet isn't helping the case. If Inception was in 3D that would've been a big push toward people liking 3D because it was much better than the aforementioned 3 movies.

For 3D, that perfect storm of live action, great script, high concept, great director, and great 3D still has yet to come

I agree with you that the studio's are too blame. Whole heartedly. The studio's, and therefor the Producers, push sizzle and gimmicks down the throats of the cast and crew and magically, crappy movies appear.

If you can get a real director with a great script for a high concept film to come in and create that perfect storm of a movie, I wouldn't *****. Most people would still do so more than likely, but I'd be more than open.

I just am not a fan of 3D. I prefer filmmakers looking for ways to immerse the audience into a film without having them wear plastic glasses and have fun images pop in front of their face. What Nolan did with IMAX (having extensive detail be displayed on a large screen) is what I approve of, not this gimmick. I just don't see what it is trying to accomplish.

Last edited:
ugh count me in on the people who hate 3d too. I have to say it SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!! I really hope they dont make it 3d but im sure they will

Superman will be in 3D. If they don't do it now they will do it down the road through post conversion. Basically it's about money and they will made hundreds of millions more if it is in 3D.

I dont mind 3 d but if you dont want to watch it in 3d then go to the not 3d shows LOL!
if its good Ill see 3d and non 3d prolly a few times and then I will own it just like all my other Superman stuff

And if Nolan went a complete 180 and announced his love for 3D, tomorrow (hypothetically of course), fewer people would b***h about it, no doubt if he used 3D for a film after TDKRises.

And if Nolan went a complete 180 and announced his love for 3D, tomorrow (hypothetically of course), fewer people would b***h about it, no doubt if he used 3D for a film after TDKRises.
I still wouldn't be on the 3D bandwagon.

maybe not you. but a lot of SHH members would start to support it.

there are a lot of people on SHH that dont like 3D because they dont like 3D. and thats good.

I don't like 3D because it gives me a massive headache and messes with my eyes.

I'm happy to see Superman in 3D. If done properly with 3D cameras and not converted in post.

I don't want 3D gimmicky shots, just a good film, that happens to be 3D. Obviously for those who don't want or can't watch in 3D, have a 2D alternative available at the same cinema.

Everybody wins. What's the problem?

I can't imagine why no one would want to see a shot of Superman flying up, up and away right at you in full 3D. Gives me goosebumps just thinking about it.

If I had a wish, I'd want to see a (as good as can be made) 3D conversion of the first Christopher Reeve Superman film.

In an interview with The Press Association, Snyder spoke on his views on the technology:

"3D has got its place - 3D has energised the market a little bit and that's cool. I know a lot about 3D. I've made a 3D movie. I took all their classes and I talked to everybody and I've kind of made it my business to understand 3D. But if I ever make a 3D movie from scratch that's live action, I'm not going to do that.

"I accept 3D as an enhanced visual and photographic experience. The problem also is that technicians right now are sort of telling the filmmakers how to make a movie and that's not good. And when someone starts to try and say: 'No, it's another way of telling a story.' I'm not sure I'm into that."

Asked if all of this means that 'Superman: Man of Steel' won't be in 3D, Snyder replied:

"No, I didn't say that"

latino review

I hope this film isn't in 3D. If it's in 3D then I hope it's not post-converted 3D.

While we're on the same subject, Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole was absolutely stunning in 3D. :up:

I hope that the movie is actually shot in 3D. I would settle for a post conversion IF they have that idea in mind from the beginning. If done correctly, this could be an amazing 3D adventure. For those who don't like 3D, just go and see the 2D version.

Way, way, WAAAAYY back when Superman and Flash were announced (February 2010) they said all superhero movies would be released in 3d, except for Batman 3 which would be IMAX. Dunno if it will be filmed in 3d though.

somtimes, people forget that Superman Returns released in IMAX 3D :) it was a good experience :)

For both superman and spiderman, the adding of 3D COULD be one badass edition to the movie experience, IF done right. Like Avatar right. Yes! That was definitely badass 3D! Everything else has been crap in comparisson.

somtimes, people forget that Superman Returns released in IMAX 3D :) it was a good experience :)

I think that a lot of people would like to forget the experience of Superman Returns in any D...if they haven't already. :O

I dont mind 3D. But the thing that really annoys me is when you get a 2D disc,and you can see the scenes that were created for 3D. They are really off-putting.

I'd be all for 3D if they use the Epic system from Red that is being used for Spider-Man and also The Hobbit. The resolution on those babies is incredible. I'd want the film actually filmed that way, otherwise I've never been all that impressed by the conversion-style 3D that I've seen (Superman Returns, Clash of the Titans, etc.). If they aren't going to film it in 3D, then I'd be beyond stoked to see it done with select scenes in IMAX. I'm about even on true 3D and full IMAX from a spectacle standpoint. The IMAX scenes in Dark Knight were every bit as impressive (in a full IMAX theater) as the 3D stuff for Avatar. If it just comes out in 2D, I'll probably be impressed, either way. Snyder doesn't make movies that are boring visually. At least it'll look pretty.

I hope that the movie is actually shot in 3D. I would settle for a post conversion IF they have that idea in mind from the beginning. If done correctly, this could be an amazing 3D adventure. For those who don't like 3D, just go and see the 2D version.

Exactly.

This film may actually have a chance at being shot with 3D IMAX cameras...Hmm?

Who knows though. Regardless, if they can shoot the film using 3D cameras, I would prefer that far more than seeing it post converted to 3D.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"