Best Scott Film this Decade

EHTNAMTAB

Civilian
Reaction score
Ridley Scott has been really busy so far this decade, with eight films released so far. But which was your favourite?

Personally, I don't think you can deny Gladiator was the best, but I though American Gangster highly underrated, and also loved matchstick men.

At the same time, in Black Hawk Down and Body of Lies, he has also made some extremely dull ones, but also some greats, up there with his best work (Alien, Blade Runer)

But what do you think?

Gladiator cause Russell Crowe kicks ass

gladiator. but im anxious to check out the directors cut of kingdom of heaven, i hear its vastly superior.

Gladiator ...

A perfect blend of entertainment and drama.

Gladiator - Russel Crowe and nearly everybody else was fantastic. My only problem was the fast paced editing during the action scenes 9.5/10

Black Hawk Down - Fantastic war film, even if some moments are a little cheesy. 9/10

Kingdom of Heaven was good, but I could never see Orlando Bloom as a great swordsman, and was very slow. I've only seen the theatrical cut, but I've heard there's a DC which is much better. 7.5/10

American Gangster - Great film with excellent performances by Crowe and Washington. The film looked great and the last action scene had me on the edge of my seat. 8/10

Hannibal - I didn't like this at all for some reason. Hell, I couldn't even finish it.

Sadly, I haven't seen Body of Lies, A Good Year, and Matchstick Men. I've heard mixed things from BoL and AGY, but MM is supposed to be great and really nice to see Nicholas Cage in a good role.

I've only seen Gladiator, American Gangster, and Body of Lies. Out of those three I'd say American Gangster is the best.

My favourite director.

1) American Gangster 5/5
2) Black Hawk Down 4/5
3) Gladiator 4/5
4) Kingdom of Heaven: DC 4/5
5) Matchstick Men 3/5
6) Body of Lies 3/5

1. Black Hawk Down
  2. Gladiator
  3. American Gangster
  4. Kingdom of Heaven: DC
  5. Matchstick Men
  6. A Good Year
  7. Hannibal

Great
Gladiator
Black Hawk Down
Kingdom of Heaven DC
Hannibal

Good
American Gangster
Body of Lies

Haven't seen
Matchstick Men
A Good Year

Black Hawk Down, followed closely by Gladiator.

I wanted to vote for Gladiator, but I loved every second of Black Hawk Down

Gladiator is a great movie no doubt but honestly its not really my cup of tea. Now American Gangster and Matchstick Men are absolutely stunning plus MM had not only Nicholas Cage in one of his last good roles (aside from Lord of War) but it also had Sam Rockwell and that right there puts it up very high on my list

Black Hawk Down, followed by Kingdom of Heaven: Director's Cut.

1. Gladiator
2. Black Hawk Down
3. American Gangster
4. Body of Lies

I haven't seen the others. Someone needs to make a Director's poll for Burton next.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"