Sequels Best Story for SM4?

The Black Cat's time was in the third film, and they opted out on her to put Gwen Stacy as the awkward fill-in. Putting her in SM4 would be just as awkward and add even more fluff to a franchise already perceived as having added way to much to the last movie (especially in the romantic aspect). Her time to shine has come and gone, in my opinion. Time to work with the characters already in the mix instead of just using and forgetting them.

Time to give it a go again

1 - It has been two years since the events of the last battle with Sandman & Venom. Peter despite fighting of against small criminals thinks that NJC is now safe from anymore greater superthreats from the past.

2 - We also see that MJ has progressed to landing bigger better acting parts and news has just surfaced that she is to be offered a major role in a movie that could make her famous.

3 - On the set of the film to be shot on location (Brooklyn Bridge) an SFX genius known as Quentin Beck has been told that he needs to be bigger & better and to create the best SFX for a dramatic scene set on the bridge. Sadly he is very pressurised and seems to be very paranoid about the Director and other critics making his life a misery. He has come to believe that his fame is put on hold because of the horrible feedback from the press and at the same time has a jealous streak towards MJ.

Beck decides to cunningly cheat to make a great SFX treat, He plants a morter bomb which goes off injuring MJ badly in the blast. The film set and film itself is ruined and cancelled by the press reports leading Parker to go after Beck. Once a ballistic Spiderman catches up with Beck he shakes him up a bit then has him thrown in prison. A shaken but fully unhinged Beck is heard to threaten Spiderman swearing he'll get him and the rest who has ruined his career.

Six Months Later

4 - Dr Conners has been doing a lot of overtime studying a formula containing DNA of reptiles he also enlists more help for a project from Parker. Parker is trying his best to make plans again to marry MJ and has to decline Conners plea. This leads to an overworked Conners having to do more tests himself and somehow a bad explosion or something like that causes all the DNA & chemicals to react badly and turn him into Lizard.

Lizard is born and goes on the rampage causing allsorts of chaos and later on we also see that disgruntled Beck once released from jail start to pick up where he left off but instead he sets his sights on Spiderman not his film work. Once he has gotten his equiptment back to normal he makes his special suit & spiderman costume and other gimmicks to use on his upcoming attack on NJC such as illuisions involving killer bees, tidal waves, anything like that to scare the people of NJ to running away. Once he has a cleared city (maybe not whole city) he can lure Spiderman out and also try to frame him for various acts of violence or theft allowing JJ and the city to think spidey is bad.

Not very good but I hope to see Mysterio with his origin from ASM 13 aswell as Lizard used next.

:woot:

Time to give it a go again

1 - It has been two years since the events of the last battle with Sandman & Venom. Peter despite fighting of against small criminals thinks that NJC is now safe from anymore greater superthreats from the past.

2 - We also see that MJ has progressed to landing bigger better acting parts and news has just surfaced that she is to be offered a major role in a movie that could make her famous.

3 - On the set of the film to be shot on location (Brooklyn Bridge) an SFX genius known as Quentin Beck has been told that he needs to be bigger & better and to create the best SFX for a dramatic scene set on the bridge. Sadly he is very pressurised and seems to be very paranoid about the Director and other critics making his life a misery. He has come to believe that his fame is put on hold because of the horrible feedback from the press and at the same time has a jealous streak towards MJ.

Beck decides to cunningly cheat to make a great SFX treat, He plants a morter bomb which goes off injuring MJ badly in the blast. The film set and film itself is ruined and cancelled by the press reports leading Parker to go after Beck. Once a ballistic Spiderman catches up with Beck he shakes him up a bit then has him thrown in prison. A shaken but fully unhinged Beck is heard to threaten Spiderman swearing he'll get him and the rest who has ruined his career.

Six Months Later

4 - Dr Conners has been doing a lot of overtime studying a formula containing DNA of reptiles he also enlists more help for a project from Parker. Parker is trying his best to make plans again to marry MJ and has to decline Conners plea. This leads to an overworked Conners having to do more tests himself and somehow a bad explosion or something like that causes all the DNA & chemicals to react badly and turn him into Lizard.

Lizard is born and goes on the rampage causing allsorts of chaos and later on we also see that disgruntled Beck once released from jail start to pick up where he left off but instead he sets his sights on Spiderman not his film work. Once he has gotten his equiptment back to normal he makes his special suit & spiderman costume and other gimmicks to use on his upcoming attack on NJC such as illuisions involving killer bees, tidal waves, anything like that to scare the people of NJ to running away. Once he has a cleared city (maybe not whole city) he can lure Spiderman out and also try to frame him for various acts of violence or theft allowing JJ and the city to think spidey is bad.

Not very good but I hope to see Mysterio with his origin from ASM 13 aswell as Lizard used next.

I don't see the relationship between Lizard and Mysterio. you would rather see that than Kraven and Lizard?

I don't see the relationship between Lizard and Mysterio. you would rather see that than Kraven and Lizard?

I like both Mysterio & Kraven and I can do with either one.

Mysterio is my fav but I can easily accept Kraven.

I just want to be sure that the next film will still have classics form the 60's.

Funny how there is no love for the scorpion, the addition of one extra character that has the potential to build up a few already existing ones..

jonah, robertson, captain stacey adn gwen stacey.

just make gargan an ex-sleazy cop kicked off the force for brutal methods and have him be a private eye.

there's definitely the funds there to make him a very own villain and let's actually have a villain that spidey can't physically beat in combat.

He's yet to get completely beaten in battle, it's well well WELL overdue.

^I think he's been overpowered by just about everyone. If you recall, Goblin and Ock killed themselves, Sandman stopped fighting, and Venom was only defeated when his weakness was exposed. Spidey has never really beaten any of his opponents.

And the problem with Scorpion is that tying him to Jameson will take away the comic relief that JK Simmons is just so good at. It's the same problem I have with Bruce Campbell being Mysterio: once you connect them to the villains, you can't make them the comic relief characters again.

Simmons is better than just being a comic relief character, he should be seen now as a serious antagonist of parker who goes out of his depth to rid the streets of him because he doesn't like people who hide behind masks.

Goblin overpowered an inexperienced spidey, even then when aggravated there were in different leagues.

Spidey ALWAYS had ock on the run or on the back foot on all their encounters, he was arguably the aggressor and better fighter and had somewhat of an edge in all their fights (which made ock switch tactics).

Venom never really had spidey in any trouble..

Neither did sandman, especially considering how spidey humiliated him in the sewers badly.

And harry is a disgrace of a combatant.

Unfortunately, you happen to like the mischaracterisation of JK simmons and his Jameson. Personally giving him a softer and menacing side as well as his comic relief side would do the character a world of good.

it's not the same with the mysterio and cambell connection since cambell will have no more motivation to act like an ass while simmons would have heaps.

Funny how there is no love for the scorpion, the addition of one extra character that has the potential to build up a few already existing ones..

just make gargan an ex-sleazy cop kicked off the force for brutal methods and have him be a private eye.

there's definitely the funds there to make him a very own villain and let's actually have a villain that spidey can't physically beat in combat.

Scorpion has potential aswell but I'd prefer Lizard not to be in same film as Scorpion.

:word:

i never said anything about the lizard and scorpion being in the same film

Scorpion has plenty of potential aswell but if Lizard is coming then I want to see him and maybe after we will see Scorpion.

Whatever happens as long as the classics mentioned get enough limelight when there stories are written I'll be a happy bunny. Hope I'm not the only one.

:word:

I think I'd like to see scorpion but now now. Right now I want the lizard. As for linking Jameson to scorpion, I agree with Odin and its something I've said since day 1. J K simmons' interpretation of Jameson hasn't been properly realised. Jameson in the movies is a freakin' comdeian. Jameson should be loud, aggressive, show more signs of cutting corners and flex a more genuine hate for spider-man. To buy Jameson as he is now in these movies being involved in creating the scorpion to kill spidey is a joke....hence, why I keep saying these movies suffer from bad writing and misrepesentation of the characters.

Yeah but circumstances change... characters develop... it makes perfect sense to me... if Spidey crosses the line from here on out to a point where he is a wanted man again... Scorpion works... obviously not in a Lizard film. But in his own movie. All you need is the motivation factor. I think you can blend Mysterio and Scorpion nicely into a film as the sig indicates... and if its Cambell playing Beck and Jameson is funding Scorpion... it makes SM5 all the more juicier... even if the rest of the cast in replaced... Simmons and Cambell alone can really steal that movie by being the unlikely villains. Simmons had so little screen time in SM3... and aren't we tired of him giving the same rant about Spiderman in his office every film. We need to thicken the plot here. With the proper writing and motivation that is... Sandman's backstory was cheap... but the backstory you can spin on Beck will be a lot more appealing I think. And I don't think Jameson needs any more motivation as I see it now... its not like he is going to be funding and overseeing everything... he should be just one player... maybe Oscorp or Wilson Fisk is the second piece. The shoddy writing is probably because these movies don't take enough chances delving deep into these characters. They can't keep sticking with the same formula or else the movies will run dry really quickly. The poor critical acclaim SM3 received are an indication of that. We need to shift from MJ and Pete and really dig into these other characters, something SM3 failed to do with Brock and Gwen. As for the comic relief... pay Chris Tucker or Dave Chapelle to do those cameos... it will be costly but it can make a film it really can.

I'm totalling down with that story, but we have to have a movie where JJJ descends into that. Something happens in Sm4 with Kraven and Lizard, and JJJ links his problem to Spider-Man. Then maybe in Sm5, he brings in the Scorpion and Spider-slayers.

Jameson funding both Scorpion AND the Spider-slayers is a bit too much... I know they did something like that in the video game or something but Jameson is a news paper editor... it should be Oscorp or another corporate leader helping Jameson out... hopefully Kingpin or a guy similar to that written in just for the movies. Jameson isn't the guy that should to be funding massive military projects even if its to take out Spiderman.

What about if spidey faces the lizard, but realizes he can't beat him alone so he finds that piece of symbiote that the Doc was studying and hopes to use it this once to defeat the lizard, but because it's been tampered with it enrages pete more quickly, he faces the lizard nearly killing him, but stops himself.
At the end of the movie the symbiote escapes as Peter is about to kill it

next film the symbiote becomes carnage

^
NO Carnage! While Carnage was a cool character in the comics, I don't think he'd work on screen. And, I'm tired of people wanting the symbiote that was on Eddie and Peter to become Carnage, the only way I want to see the symbiote used is if Venom returns.

Here's mine:

It's a couple years after SM3 . Peter is getting ready to graduate from college. He and MJ are distant from each other , friends basically. Her career is looking up , he's thinking about teaching after he's done. Peter is even Connor's son's Math tutor. He goes to Peter's old highschool. Connor's with the help of Miles Warren both come up with the serum that will turn him into the lizard . Once he becomes the Lizard he terrorizes the ESU campus and makes his way into the city. The city is terrorfied .

Jamesson as part of the tabliod media exploits the panic with sensational stories of this Lizard creature. There's a manhunt across New York city .Spiderman promises Connor's wife and son that he'll find a cure and bring him home safetly before the police can get to him. But there's trouble on the horizon. After a few failed attempts at catching the Lizard , Kraven comes to town. He says he can do the job as long as he's payed and he is given a greenlight to do it his way. If anyone has seen the original "Jaws" think of the character Robert Shaw played. He would come in midway in the film. He'd have state of the art technology to help him and no magic.Capatin Stacy is against this but he's overruled by the politicans and city officals who want to calm a scared city. Spiderman goes to Stacy ..I know very Batman right?.....Anyway he goes to Stacy and asks him to try to give him time to find Connors . Stacy would also give him information on Kraven so he knows what he's up against. MJ , Aunt May and Gwen would provide moral support to Connor's wife.

Spiderman would find himself caught between saving the Lizard who wants to kill him and trying to fend off Kraven and the resources at his disposal. It would basically be a race against time story in New York city mixed with a monster on the run flick. You could have scenes that go from the heart of manhatten to the sewers below the city.There's no love triangle, no lesson Peter needs to learn, no harkening back to uncle Ben's murder, no conflict over being Spiderman.

Just a tighter thriller/Rollercoster film focusing on Peter trying to beat the clock and save Connors before Kraven or the Police get to him. The story could even take place over a few weeks. Peter's getting little sleep, MJ is worried he'll get caught in the cross fire, Kraven anger grows as Spiderman continually gets in the way and feels he may have to kill him, connor's family wanting him home safe.

I envison it being not darker but more serious and dramatic . It would blend the tension , drama and action. I gotta say , I don't really envision Maguire as Spiderman in this one. I keep picturing Vilo in the role. He'd be Spiderman most of the time so with his mask on:yay: anyway. For Kraven I envision Liam Neeson. I know he's done Batman and Star Wars but IMO he has the presence and authority to play a character the Police would actually take seriously. Plus he's a good counter weight IMO to Dylan Baker who seems like the guy next door. I don't know who could play MJ. I always thought Erica Durance would be good. I'd bring back Howard as Gwen but give her more to do, and have the odvious tension between MJ and Gwen. They wouldn't be fighting though just have that undercurrent . I don't think I see Raimi directing it. Maybe someone who's done thrillers .

Heres my SPIDER-MAN 4:
Villians-Lizard, Kraven
Lesson-Sometimes, we must do the right thing, even if we dont think its so right.
Plot-Its been a few years since Harry Osborn's death, but Peter Parker is still grieving. Being Spider-Man, he must try and face this event to propel him to better things, like his staff job at the Daily Bugle, or his lab assistant job with Dr. Conners, who's Limb Regeneration formula (Project Lizard) is almost ready for human testing. Peter's mind is also on Mary Jane, who is still terrified with what dangers might lurk towards her because of her relationship. Spidey doesn't have easy, either. He has to deal with the new public nusiance-Kraven the Hunter, who is keen on taking down Spidey once and for all.
Major Events-Doc Conners turns into the Lizard
Kraven begins to hunt down Lizard
Venom returns
Peter preposes to MJ (who says yes)
Spidey defends Lizard from Kraven, making him a villian in NY's eyes
Final Battle-Lizard vs Kraven vs Spidey/Spidey and Lizard vs Kraven
Result-Conners learns how to control Lizard, so he helps Spidey battle Kraven, while Lizard fights Conner's mind internally, making him attack Spidey. In the end, Lizard throws Spidey and Kraven off the building their fighting on, and when Kraven tries to stab Spidey from behind, he moves and Kraven stabs himself, dying in the process.
End of movie-We Spidey on his final swing, and during one of his swings, we see black webbing and Spidey is pulled out of the frame. We then here Venom's scream.

I know a lot of people dont like Venom returning, but I think we need to have the Carnage and Venom, just so we can see it. Will that story be an R rated film? Most likely. Should Sam Raimi direct it? Absolutely not. But eventually, the story will happen, its just a matter of time.

Heres my take on Bruce Campbell as Mysterio: I think Campbell can still give some comic relief under the dome. Of course, I think Mysterio should only be in a Sinister Six film, and if Campbell ever becomes Mysterio, Raimi needs to be the man behind the camera for that movie.

heres mine:
in the beginning spidey stops cletus kassidy (instead of serial killer make him a mad bomber like in the toon.) from blowing up a building, hauls him off to prison, then doc conners turn's himself into the lizard, peter checks in on doctor conners gets out changes into spidey, fights in lab, then gets defeated,but spidey throws a spider tracer at him (thats right, spider-tracer!) lizard escapes,kraven hears about a giant lizard in new york decides to hunt it down, then somehow, somewhere in new york, eddie brock returns (TA DAA!) , spidey stops by the conners household and martha tells him the whole story on how what curt was doing, then pete trys to make a cure for curt ( it takes a long time), he suceeds,spidey tracks down lizard using the spider-tracer to martha's house! spidey goes there and kraven beat him to it(the house is a big mess!) spidey finds out that curt didn't make the mess but someone else! he tracks lizard to the sewers where the final battle takes place, kraven knows that lizard is passionate for billy and martha and uses that to his advantage to nearly killl lizard, but then spidey saves the day, spidey lizard aand kraven fight at the same time, spidey webs up lizard, spidey and kraven duke it out, lizard breaks free, lizard knocks kraven off of some platform, he falls to his death, lizard walks over to martha and billy and spidey tackles him and gives him the antadote!, lizard no more!, happy ending right? wrong! peter asks mj to marry him she says no, eddie gives kletus the carnage symbiote and tells him he can have it only if he helps him destroy spider-man, he agree's because he was humiliated by him too, prison guards come, they both kill them, carnage says that it is time to wreak carnage upon new york!!! THE END!

note about eddie giving the carnage symbiote to kletus, in 5 carnage would start killing people and venom wouldn't like that since he just wan'ts the destruction of spidey, so then we can have the venom and carnage hatred deal like in the comics!

^
NO Carnage! While Carnage was a cool character in the comics, I don't think he'd work on screen. And, I'm tired of people wanting the symbiote that was on Eddie and Peter to become Carnage, the only way I want to see the symbiote used is if Venom returns.
:up:

Hello everyone. I am new to these boards and this is my first post, so please bear with me if someone else has posted these ideas. I think with the way the third one ended, things should be a little rocky between MJ and Peter, with them kind of just being friends and Peter feeling bad about the way things happend. In the last three movies there was always something recurring through out, i.e. the death of Uncle Ben and the death of Norman Osbourn. Also, in the last three, there was a recurring foe throughout the series, Goblin/Norman. So with that, they should introduce someone, I am kind of leaning towards The Kingpin. Also, I completely agree with the villain suggestions in The Lizard and Kraven. The idea of Kraven wanting to hunt Lizard actually makes a lot of sense on film in a way to introduce him. I also noticed that with the toy line for Spider-Man 3, they released figures of those two, so that probably means they are thinking of it. I also think that Jameson should have a lot more involvement with maybe the fact that since spider-man was kind of bad in the last movie, he just goes more off of that, maybe making a deal with the kingpin? Instead of the city following JJJ though, the city still likes and needs him, and that makes JJJ and Kingpin even more desperate to get rid of, expose, or whatever to Spidey. I also read a lot of people saying Conners should use the symbiote for his experiment to regrow his arm. Now, I know nothing like that happend in the comic book, but if they were to go that route, and it were capable of regeneration, wouldn't that be a great way to have brock return? Have him just regenerate, in a visual similar to, I don't know, maybe the way the leech monster first did in resident evil 0? I mean, I am just throwing ideas around, but that would logically make sense to me. I also think maybe for the sake of the story, perhaps another tragedy? Not MJ, but perhaps Gwen or George. Another key would be Aunt May perhaps finding out or hinting even more towards the fact that she knows Peter's secret. Maybe even throw The Black Cat in for a replacement for Harry as new friend, or have him like flashbacks or appirations like the Uncle Ben ones. Another idea would be, as stated before, Aunt May finding out, but, perhaps maybe having her pass away, peacefully though. I think that would be something the series could end on. Also, like I said, if Eddie does come back, have it kind of like the Ultimate Spider-Man video game, where Peter is completely shocked at his return and maybe he could just be a complete monster. I also really like the idea of having a petty villain, like Shocker or Rhino, at the start of the movie, just to start the film on a high note. I also think it is time for a wedding! Well, that is all I have. Thanks for reading my ideas.

Redundant... but better than most of the crap most new posters put out in their daily "My Ideas for SM4 threads"... so good job... only problem is Kingpin belongs to Fox so I don't think Sony can snag him... but as I have said on numerous occasions... Kingpin could be a brilliant over-arching villain in every film from here on out. He could hire Kraven to bring in the Lizard so that he can get the credit as well for being a hero. Then he and Jameson could consult with each other on the Scorpion project in SM5... and SM6 could culminate with the formation of the Sinister Six, which had been in the works since SM4. I think a character like that is worth the cost.

Um, thanks, I think. Even if Fox owned the rights to the character, doesn't the character belong overall to Marvel, meaning that they can do whatever they want with their character? I don't really know, I am just asking. Even if they couldn't use him though, there are others they could use, Smythe, Hammer, etc. (I would prefer Kingpin, though.)

Nope... Sony and Fox can have these characters sh:t on each other and Marvel can't do anything about it... Marvel sold them the rights... Fox isn't just going to hand Kingpin over to Sony.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"