Best Superhero Film of All-Time (with new Poll)

What are you talking about? Of course it was!

...and to think I used to respect your opinion...

I'll go even further...Superhero Film isn't even better than Superhero Film! There, I said it :o

"Best" and "favorite" aren't the same thing for me either. The best is The Dark Knight. My favorite is Batman Returns.

Where are BvS and Steel?

I was going with the most common films I was seeing in top 20 lists. Neither of those made the cut, but if you want to vote for them there still is an Other option

I was going with the most common films I was seeing in top 20 lists. Neither of those made the cut, but if you want to vote for them there still is an Other option

Don't worry, I wasn't being serious. :cwink:

With no Incredibles on the list, I'll go with TDK.

Yeah think Incredibles deserves to be on the poll, but Darth, you can still vote Other and say Incredibles, you know. :)

The Incredibles is an ommission on my part, yes. But, you can select other :)

the answer is always TDK.

This is, of course, correct.

And would be in any poll of superhero movies.

Hell, it’s usually in the top five of polls about all movies.

Why?

Because it’s Batman... done right.

I disagree. When something is my favorite, that means it's the best. Because I'm never wrong.

I disagree. When something is my favorite, that means it's the best. Because I'm never wrong.

This is also how I interpret "best." After all, more people may like pepperoni pizza, but if I like mushrooms on mine more, then mushroom pizza is best to me. I love TDK. It's a fantastic movie, and is high on my list of best CBMs. That said, I just get more joy watching The Avengers. It brings me back to my childhood and reminds me why I like superheroes. TDK is amazing art, but when it comes to superheroes, I am drawn to ones that inspire me in some way. The Avengers I find inspirational, so it connects with me more (this is why Captain America, Spider-Man, and Superman tend to be my favorite super heroes). TDK is a wonderful piece of art, but it just doesn't speak to me as much.

But again, this is just me.

This is also how I interpret "best." After all, more people may like pepperoni pizza, but if I like mushrooms on mine more, then mushroom pizza is best to me. I love TDK. It's a fantastic movie, and is high on my list of best CBMs. That said, I just get more joy watching The Avengers. It brings me back to my childhood and reminds me why I like superheroes. TDK is amazing art, but when it comes to superheroes, I am drawn to ones that inspire me in some way. The Avengers I find inspirational, so it connects with me more (this is why Captain America, Spider-Man, and Superman tend to be my favorite super heroes). TDK is a wonderful piece of art, but it just doesn't speak to me as much.

But again, this is just me.

Yeah, I totally get that. And as usual, my post wasn't serious (I'm wrong most of the time probably). But anyway, if I was looking at this objectively, I would probably still say TDK is the best CBM of all time but I seriously considered going with Infinity War, simply because I'm honestly astonished Marvel was able to pull something like that off. It's easy to do a huge crossover story like that in a comic book but in a movie format it's insanely difficult. And not only that, it was a thrillride that stayed with me for days. But from a pure film-making standpoint, TDK is still tops.

tumblr_mzl44qS3BM1rrkahjo4_250.gif

The Dark Knight was a great film and it makes sense why it's praised among the few here, since this is a forum for adult nerds.

However, I guarantee if you poll younger audiences today, Black Panther and Avengers IW would edge the Dark Knight out in popularity. The box office shows this.

I think there's only 5 films that could lay claim to being the best Superhero Film:

Superman
The Dark Knight
Spider-Man 2
Logan
The Avengers

I haven't seen The Incredibles, though.

Last edited:
The Dark Knight. Always The Dark Knight.

It doesn't have to always be TDK. But as long as studios continue to chase the MCU formula, we're in no danger of having a movie reach the heights of Christopher Nolan at his best.

Very close between TDK, Logan and X2 for me. X2 has the best finale of all 3, but the rest of TDK and Logan betters X2 for me. If Logan had a better finale, it would have finally been the movie to topple TDK for me. But TDK had the better finale of the 2 so it's still top dog.

Infinity War was amazing but I can't vote for it after just one viewing, I need to see how it holds up tomultiple ones first. So it's still TDK for me.

Also, favourite and best are the same thing to me.

The Dark Knight. Always The Dark Knight.

It doesn't have to always be TDK. But as long as studios continue to chase the MCU formula, we're in no danger of having a movie reach the heights of Christopher Nolan at his best.

Funny coz I think Avengers, Civil War and Infinity War have all done that already. Those heights are rather imaginary anyways, if truth be told.

Funny coz I think Avengers, Civil War and Infinity War have all done that already. Those heights are rather imaginary anyways, if truth be told.

Looking at the poll results I wouldn't say those heights are imaginary. There is a reason TDK has yet to be beaten for most people. I have never seen it lose a poll and any newly released CBM. Including Logan and Infinity War, which have probably come the closest to matching it.

Looking at the poll results I wouldn't say those heights are imaginary. There is a reason TDK has yet to be beaten for most people. I have never seen it lose a poll and any newly released CBM. Including Logan and Infinity War, which have probably come the closest to matching it.

I think the closest one is Cap 2: TWS. TDK took 65% vote while TWS took 35%. That's the closest poll as I remember.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"