World Best Superman Movie

For me it will always be Superman: The Movie. When I was young it really accomplished it's mission in making me believe a man could fly on the big screen.

Do the first three episodes of the animated series count as a movie, cause that was pretty well done and although I prefer Superman: The Movie over it, I'm sure some people on here would vote for it.

Superman II, with Superman Returns running a close second.

theBat-Man said:
None of the above.
My favourite Superman film is Superman and the Mole Men from 1951.
supsatmm-1s.jpg
yeah forgot to add that one...

I think superman the movie was the most influential of all. Superman 2 was fun but is too campy and sloppy in many parts. Superman returns takes it for me, because of its size, its maturity and seriousness, the respect they gave this character, the flawless effects (i finally saw superman saving the world without looking awkward), the complexity of the way this film was directed, you see passion and hardwork in every shot. The casting was not as memorable though (except for spacey).

Well if you ask me Returns was a Requel (Remake & a Sequel) of Superman the movie and no where close to being as good. Returns dosnt have the magic & the sense of wonder the original had. I say Superman the movie was a hell alot better then Retuns.

Superman 1 and 2 are pretty much a tie for me.

I havent decided where SR will fit in. I need to see it a few more times. The movie was filmed dark..and some brutal scenes I personally didnt like.

I didnt like Lois by Bosworth at all. The little kid was adorable but they've painted themselves into a corner with him.

So maybe I'll have to vote SR as better than 3 and 4..but 3 and 4 had more stand up and cheer moments.

The only stand up and cheer moments in SR was the airplane and then when he saved Lois and family on the boat. The rest of his patrolling the world was done in a quick montage. I would have preferred to see more of that.

EL

I voted for Superman The Movie, which is just an absolute classic. It tells the origin story perfectly and gets so many aspects to the film just right.

I love Superman II almost as much, and even though Superman III and Superman IV: The Quest For Peace are heavily flawed in places, I still enjoy them thanks to Christopher Reeve's wonderful performances.

I'm a big fan of Superman Returns, which I enjoyed immensely. Brandon Routh was just awesome.

Hers the deal, i prefer a more serous slant to my films and thats my favorite style, so Id have to go with Superman Returns.

But the Chris Reeve ones were like action comedies to me. Fun. My second fav would have to be the original 78 Superman. That had the most story of the older films, especially the first half up to when Superman leaves the fortress after being taught for years by Jorel. I think Donner did a great job of setting up everything.

spoarz_tm said:
I voted for Superman The Movie, which is just an absolute classic. It tells the origin story perfectly and gets so many aspects to the film just right.

I love Superman II almost as much, and even though Superman III and Superman IV: The Quest For Peace are heavily flawed in places, I still enjoy them thanks to Christopher Reeve's wonderful performances.

I'm a big fan of Superman Returns, which I enjoyed immensely. Brandon Routh was just awesome.

Brilliantly put!:up:

For me it's a tie between STM and Returns.

I think there's a paradox with Superman: The Movie and Superman II. When people see Donner's SII, there could be a switch to everyone liking that. However, you need to remember that STM and SII are seamlessly branched in storyline (much like Kill Bill: Volumes 1 & 2). So in retrospect they are the same movie.

I think Superman II just wins it, because it's the one I used to watch all the time as a kid, and it brings back the most memories. :)

I think maybe Im partial to II because we see a little more of Superman than in the first one.
But the first one is so dramatic. When he first switches to Superman after NOT finding a whole phone booth--
catches the helcopter

Those other saves like Airforce 1

The leap out the window when he hears Luthor's whistle and then flying around the buildings. I love the flying scenes.

And that whole diseased maniac scene in Luthor's lair. Awesome!!!

EL

chris.jpg
(Not linked)

ReeveFan1978 said:
But the first one is so dramatic. When he first switches to Superman after NOT finding a whole phone booth--
catches the helcopter

The leap out the window when he hears Luthor's whistle and then flying around the buildings. I love the flying scenes.

Hell yeah, that's why I voted for Superman The Movie. It has such a wonderful epic quality to it.

The double jeopardy sequence with the helicopter isn't just one of the best moments in a comic book movie, I think it stands as one of the greatest scenes in cinema history. :supes:

"Say Jim, whooo, that's a baaad outfit!" Love it :D

ReeveFan1978 said:
I think maybe Im partial to II because we see a little more of Superman than in the first one.
catches the helcopter

EL

chris.jpg
(Not linked)

I know I love both The Movie and II, I always have trouble deciding which one I like more. But I voted for II because it's the one I watched most as a kid and the one that brings back most memories. Plus it shows what happened in Superman: The Movie during the opening credits, which I love.

Well if you ask me Returns was souless joyless movie. Superman 1&2 were full of magic and wonder. Sure it might look cheesy today. But if you want to see Pure Cheese try the 1966 Batman Series or the 70's Wonder women Series. Now that was Cheesy. Sure maybe Luther and gang where. But i dont find anything Chessy about Chris Reeve as Superman. Hell Dean Cain was more chessy as Superman then Reeve was. Even tho i think he did a good job as Clark Kent. Sure Reeve's Clark Kent was a little bit silly. But it work for him and gave the audience a good reason why nobody connected the dots. I mean who the hell would think that Clark Kent was Superman. Either way i wouldnt say that Reeve was doing Slap Stick. Ever watch the Three stooges. Thats Slap Stick. In my opinion Routh was as woodin as a stick. I didnt find anything excellent, amazing or outstanding about him. Sure he looks & sounds like Reeve. But is just not enough for me. Superman the movie is the best Superman movie and far better made then Returns ever was.

Well I actually liked Superman Returns, but yeah I definitely think Superman: The Movie is better and I agree with just about everything you said. :)

Although I do like Routh.

I suppose I'll choose S:TM, as far as live action goes.

Although the Superman animated movie by Timm and company is my favourite Superman movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"