Best Trailers Ever Made?

Watchmen (Teaser Trailer)-The combination of the visuals and that song still gives me chills! I bought the book because of the trailer and so many others, the perfect example of great marketing, too bad the movie was a HUGE disappointment for me!

X-Mne the Last Stand (Theatrical Trailer)-If the movie was ANYTHING as epic as the trailer, than the X-Trilogy would have been the first great superhero trilogy! Sadly, everything was just the opposite.

The X Men 2 trailer, along with SM2 trailers were awesome!

I was also blown away by the Chronicles of Narnia:TLTWATW trailer.

Also the Passion of The Christ trailer was great too. Incredible score by Debney

Attack of the Clones Teaser "Breathing" I can still remember seeing this in theaters with Monsters Inc. I was completely caught off guard, and it got me so pumped. The sound of Vader's breathing, and the tense music. It makes me wish AOTC would have been as awesome as that teaser. In hindsight, though, it is misleading.
[YT]6ncFCndCLG8[/YT]

And most of the Harry Potter trailers are well made. This one prolly being my favorite of the lot.
[YT]JYLdTuL9Wjw[/YT]

Last edited:
Disney's Dinosaur teaser

Too bad the rest of the movie wasn't this amazing. The original plan was for the entire movie to be like the trailer- silent, and without ****ing talking lemurs.

Cloverfield teaser
This was pretty high profile so everyone knows it instantly. The party, Oh hey, yeah yeah, and then BAM. Craziness and Statue of Liberty head. And no title to speak of. Never have I seen just a trailer spark so much interest in a film before(or since).

District 9 teaser
This, for my money, might be the greatest trailer of the past decade or so. I'll never forget the experience of sitting in the theater, watching this for the first time. It goes on for more than a minute, showing poverty and interviewing various underclass people, and I remember thinking "Oh great some boring documentary about poverty and social class structure and bla bla bla.. lets get to the real movies here."
And as the trailer goes on with it's "..They are not.." "...They are not welcome..." it then hits you with "They are not... human" and BAM giant ****ing spaceship. I think I bolted out of my ****ing chair. Great, great trailer.
The Matrix
This isn't so much for a specific trailer than for all of them; the general marketing of the film. Has their ever been another film that so wonderfully made the audience guess just what the hell it was they would be seeing?

Not by any means the best, but some of my favorites:
* The Empire Strikes Back with two: one being the teaser trailer that's just Ralph McQuarrie's concept paintings (and I love the way the announcer pronounces the name "Landau Calrissian" :woot:); and the other being the one with actual clips from the movie that's narrated by an unusually-excited-sounding Harrison Ford.
* The Thing, right from that opening shot of those ominous white letters tracking in over a crackly distress call from Outpost 31.
* Poltergeist with the 'slideshow' teaser.
* Back To The Future, with the early "How far you goin'?" teaser of Fox revving up the DeLorean.
* I can't help it, but I also like all those Lilo & Stitch trailers of Stitch crashing scenes from other Disney movies.
* Star Trek (2009), the "Under Construction" teaser.

Last edited:
Love everything about the BB trailer especially Bale's narration. I got goosebumps the first time I saw it. :hrt:

I'm getting goosebumps now... O.O

The TDK teaser with the joker card flying at you is cool too....

The Shining
Spider-Man Twin Towers Teaser
Spider-Man 2 teaser and theatrical
Spider-Man 3 teaser
Batman Begins teaser
All three SW prequel teasers
Stark Trek (2009) teaser and theatrical
The Dark Knight bat logo and first footage teasers
Terminator Salvation theatrical trailer
X-Men First Class teaser

Surprised no one has mentioned the 'Hulk' teaser trailer, always thought it was great.

Oh, yeah, that's a great one too.

Surprised no one has mentioned the 'Hulk' teaser trailer, always thought it was great.
If I remember, that was the one that was shown before "Spider-Man". That got the theater pumped.

gotta be the matrix for me...i did a scene by scene break down of the sfx (how they did bullet time) for it before the movie came out for a little film class i took in school and all i had was the trailer recorded on a vhs tape.

And even then i told the class this movie will be one we're going to remember for a long time. most of the kids in the class were all into indie movies but I was like just you wait...

Actually the "Hulk" Theatrical Trailer was really good as well. I certainly enjoyed the score in the second half of it. Of course the trailer didn't really show how dramatic/slow the movie was going to be.

Tron Legacy 3 Trailer- With the combination of the music, the slow mo walk of Rinzler and all the action. It was a trailer I watched over and over.

The Professional -

[YT]DcsirofJrlM[/YT]

I'm not going to post it due to its content, but how have we gotten this far with no one saying the original Grindhouse trailer for MACHETE?

The trailer for The Tree of Life is pretty perfect. The Social Network trailer last year was great too.

First trailer of Transformers, scorponock flies out of sand O.O

Independence Day - I have to say, the music really sets the tone and gets you pumped. If you have a surround system, I suggest turning it up loud for that trailer.

[YT]NZZvtQtdbzM[/YT]

Has to be the T2 teaser trailer.

[YT]TbcmLPXuQzo[/YT]

It's perfect. Very atmospheric and moody, gives away virtually nothing about the film and has you pumped to see the movie. It even gives a bit of backstory concerning the creation of the T-800s, how often is it you get backstory from a mere teaser trailer? Everything a good trailer should be.

Last edited:
Sin City - this blew me away. Love the film.
All the Lord of the Rings trailers. These trailers even bring tears to my eyes. One of my favorites is the very first teaser with the narration of the Ring of Power and the hand catching the ring. It was even released on my birthday back in 2000.
All The Social Network trailers
The second Transformers trailer
Watchmen teaser
Superman Returns teaser
300 teaser - rocked so goddamn hard

Off the top of my head (with the first being my absolute favorite):

[YT]qcg0shbC_Js[/YT]

[YT]RNd8nvnmhyM[/YT]

[YT]Dr91Y42MEsA[/YT]

[YT]PsD0NpFSADM[/YT]

A lot of ones I love have already been posted but here a few favorites.

[YT]<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5yaXPx6xWEQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/YT]
[YT]
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lrWD1kVi0ME" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/YT]

[YT]<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bKRxDP--e-Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/YT]

[YT]
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/htlsOf3PnGY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/YT]

The trailer for The Tree of Life is pretty perfect. The Social Network trailer last year was great too.

I agree, it's a flawless trailer.

Here is a truly beautiful trailer. The song Wake Up by Arcade Fire fits perfectly with the trailer.

Where the Wild Things Are

[YT]hcBPzqxBnRU&feature[/YT]

A lot of ones I love have already been posted but here a few favorites.

[YT]5yaXPx6xWEQ[/YT]

[YT]bKRxDP--e-Y[/YT]

[YT]htlsOf3PnGY[/YT]

fixed that for you FYI just put the part of the URL that comes after the 'equal' sign in between the YT tags ;).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"