• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Best Movie Ever Made

Movies205 said:
Because you have no inner child, perhaps :confused:

I have an inner child(not in the child in my basement kind of thing of course), it's just my inner child demands something more, He's very demanding, Someone like terry Gilliam for example, he can satisfy the inner child with fantasy elements, but also engages the higher element of the brain, as J S Mill identified, Higher pleasures are far more rewarding.

JTStarkiller said:
I could care less what a **** like you thinks of my taste in film.
No he's right Batman Begins clearly not the best movie ever made. LoL. You need to go watch some David Lean films...perhaps some Billy Wilder? Hows about some John Ford? Hitchcock? Hell, even SPIELBERG.

Stewie Griffin said:
No he's right Batman Begins clearly not the best movie ever made. LoL.

That was ****in hilarious purely just for timing, since he was like Stewie Griffin is RIGHT! :D

Stewie Griffin said:
No he's right Batman Begins clearly not the best movie ever made. LoL.

Nice try, but we're not arguing whether or not Batman Begins is the best film ever made.

Cyrusbales said:
I have an inner child(not in the child in my basement kind of thing of course), it's just my inner child demands something more, He's very demanding, Someone like terry Gilliam for example, he can satisfy the inner child with fantasy elements, but also engages the higher element of the brain, as J S Mill identified, Higher pleasures are far more rewarding.

Don't get me wrong I love Gilliam, Adventures of the Baron Munchausen is one of my favorite films. But my inner child loves superheros and over the top action so I love films like Batman Begins and Bad Boys 2 as well.

BT18 said:
You are shaming the Bay State with such myopic bull$hit.

I only said Dazed and Confused in a half-hearted way, it's simply my favorite film. The person saying it's silly to claim any movie as the best ever is absolutley right.

Exactly. I said Almost Famous because it's my favorite movie, though by that I am saying it's the best movie I've ever seen. But still, this is all opinion, and there is no real way of claiming what the best film ever is.

One of my favorite films is E.T.

I think it is pure brilliance. The final act is one of the most insipiring pieces of filmmaking ive ever watched.

JTStarkiller said:
Nice try, but we're not arguing whether or not Batman Begins is the best film ever made.
Yeah, you're right. There's no arguement anyway. Clearly, NOT the best.

Spielberg is perhaps one of hte most iconic film-makers of our times... ET, Jurrasic Park, Jaws, etc how many of his shots have become cultural landmarks.

Stewie Griffin said:
One of my favorite films is E.T.

I think it is pure brilliance. The final act is one of the most insipiring pieces of filmmaking ive ever watched.

Yes it is. E.T. is a masterpiece. One of the best experiences I ever had in a movie theater is when I saw the 20th anniversary rerelease for a school trip.

Movies205 said:
Spielberg is perhaps one of hte most iconic film-makers of our times... ET, Jurrasic Park, Jaws, etc how many of his shots have become cultural landmarks.
Yeah, It bothers me when people hate him. I think his commerical success overshadows his brilliance as an aritst.

JTStarkiller said:

You're wrong, but since you're new here, I'm gonna cut you a break... today. So, why don't you make like a tree and get out of here?

JTStarkiller said:
Honestly, how can you saw BB is better than films like Casablanca? or Lawrence of Arabia? or Taxi Driver? or On the Waterfront?

I mean COME ON!

Stewie Griffin said:
Yeah, It bothers me when people hate him. I think his commerical success overshadows his brilliance as an aritst.

People have low self-esteem so they try to seem cooler than they are by being iconoclasts, and supporting obscure films that are more about style than about anything else... From what I hear that's what Run Lola Run has become, never seen the movie.

Movies205 said:
Don't get me wrong I love Gilliam, Adventures of the Baron Munchausen is one of my favorite films. But my inner child loves superheros and over the top action so I love films like Batman Begins and Bad Boys 2 as well.

I love superhero films, but always expect something that isn't delivered, Blade was fun and snappy with dialogue, not to mention some good choreography, And hellboy is beautifully written and has a great cast, BB doesn't do it for me, It's not for an inner child, or a cerebral adult, it just there really...

Stewie Griffin said:

I love spielbergs earlier work, and I agree he is an iconic and important film maker, But I've been disapointed by all of his work since.....schindler list, I think he's produced so much good stuff, he can't top it, so his work is failing these days.

Movies205 said:
People have low self-esteem so they try to seem cooler than they are by being iconoclasts, and supporting obscure films that are more about style than about anything else... From what I hear that's what Run Lola Run has become, never seen the movie.
Yeah, I like the explaination.

Movies205 said:
It's good, and very symbolic, but hardly the best movie ever

This has been great entertainment to me since I've been subjected to a 3 Hour Internet diatribe about how alchol is bad for me, that my college is forcing me to take and I need to take a test at the end!! SAVE ME....

Movies205 said:

Indiana Jones rules all.

Cyrusbales said:
I love superhero films, but always expect something that isn't delivered, Blade was fun and snappy with dialogue, not to mention some good choreography, And hellboy is beautifully written and has a great cast, BB doesn't do it for me, It's not for an inner child, or a cerebral adult, it just there really...

I love spielbergs earlier work, and I agree he is an iconic and important film maker, But I've been disapointed by all of his work since.....schindler list, I think he's produced so much good stuff, he can't top it, so his work is failing these days.

It's all opinion, I Don't get why you get so annoyed people love Batman Begins, anyway Munich wrecks your **** but War of the Worlds was stinko :(

Movies205 said:
This has been great entertainment to me since I've been subjected to a 3 Hour Internet diatribe about how alchol is bad for me, that my college is forcing me to take and I need to take a test at the end!! SAVE ME....
Actually, It's my professional opinion that alcohol is actually good for you. I spent my entire college career hardly drinking any alcohol at all, and I'm miserable. Everyone I know who drinks moderately or heavily is happy. Do the math.

Munich was awesome!! I let someone borrow my copy and he watched it 4 times.

Movies205 said:
It's all opinion, I Don't get why you get so annoyed people love Batman Begins, anyway Munich wrecks your **** but War of the Worlds was stinko :(

See, munich didn't work for me, it wanted to be an action film, and a drama, and a political film, but failed on all three counts. It overdiversified and failed, The characters were poorly developed and the pace was really bad, they never generated any sympathy for anyone, you didn't care if they succeeded or failed or killed loads of people, Munich is one of the worst films i've seen in the cinema this year. simply i feel it failed.

I don't mind people liking BB, but people make out as if it's the best film ever! HOW? I just can't understand why people like it so much? There are soooooo many superior films, it just bugs me when people just say 'BB' in response to any film question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCat
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"