Better Class Of Toyline (Official: Movie Masters Thread)

But with Joker and Two-face we have to well known characters who look a lot like how they should. If a guy came up covered in scales or wearing a Lucha mask it would look stupid and if they wanted to ground these characters in realism they would have to stripped those components away. Have them in business suits? I think not this time. So why not have them as random bulky thug 1 and bulk 2? Don't get me wrong these characters have their place in the Batman mythos. What the real issue is here is that people want Batman to have a physical challenge because so far he has just kicked everyone around without any hassle. That's the meat and veg of the rumours. But we all know what happens when someone tries to pull a "mine is bigger than your's film" *Cough* Iron Man 2 *Cough* That kind of movie comes off as a very dated formula for a film, but hey I might still eat my words, Nolan may do something terribly stupid and use these characters but I don't think he will. I mean come on Killer Croc? Laugh out loud. Just because they might film some parts of it in New Orleans. You know they could just mean studios? Thats what they did in Green Lantern. But anyway I have taken this way off topic.

Now that I have ticked you all royally off why not have a look at my attempts at making some canon Movie Master Toys.

http://www.figurerealm.com/viewuserprofile.php?uid=6853&page=2

I have made quite a few new ones now...

You were the one that made that wonderful dishonor guard Joker! My god man that thing was brilliant! Would you ever consider doing one of those for comission?

Is anyone else having terrible trouble finding a Missle launcher Joker or a Two Face? My girlfriend bought me the Scarecrow in his suit figure from a TRU in Colorado, but there was no sign of the other two. That was actually the second TRU she went to, and the first one had no Movie Masters at all.

You were the one that made that wonderful dishonor guard Joker! My god man that thing was brilliant! Would you ever consider doing one of those for comission?

Thanks, man. Right now I'm not doing commissions, it's too much hassle for both parties. Particularly for that "Dishonor Guard Joker" I made. So much of that was sourced from figures I can't even remember but what I do recall was that they were hard to find or would be now. Then there is the whole shipping issue, which - me being in the UK - isn't ideal. The pressure of a deadline isn't fun either.

What was great about it though was how easy it was compared to my other stuff and how much better it looked too. It was - at the end of the day - a basic head swap with some painting. Not like the sculpting of hair and faces on my other stuff.

I'll gladly help anyone who wants to make a figure like the ones I've made. I can give tips and explain what I did but to be honest I don't tend to work within a plan, I just wing it and so far I've been happy with my stuff.

Thanks, man. Right now I'm not doing commissions, it's too much hassle for both parties. Particularly for that "Dishonor Guard Joker" I made. So much of that was sourced from figures I can't even remember but what I do recall was that they were hard to find or would be now. Then there is the whole shipping issue, which - me being in the UK - isn't ideal. The pressure of a deadline isn't fun either.

What was great about it though was how easy it was compared to my other stuff and how much better it looked too. It was - at the end of the day - a basic head swap with some painting. Not like the sculpting of hair and faces on my other stuff.

I'll gladly help anyone who wants to make a figure like the ones I've made. I can give tips and explain what I did but to be honest I don't tend to work within a plan, I just wing it and so far I've been happy with my stuff.

I would be all up for getting some pointers from you, I think I've found someone who has made the head you used for that figure, so with a head all I would need was a base body and so on. Any help you could give me on it would be greatly appreciated.

bored,so some new pics of my (old) customs...

the figure collection:

100_5065.jpg

Ra's Al Ghul:

100_5038.jpg

100_5039.jpg

Cop Joker:

100_5042.jpg

100_5043.jpg

100_5044.jpg

Bruce Wayne:

100_5046.jpg

100_5048.jpg

Two face looks great!

Scarecrow is pretty awesome too...

I hope they make the next batch of movie figures for TDK Rises in 3 3/4 inch scale like they are doing for all movie lines now, and I hope given that size of the figures they can go back and make figures for BEGINS, and TDK in that scale ala what Hasbro has done with Iron Man and Iron Man 2.

i Dont mind Marvel's 3.75 inch figs, but DC i prefer in 6 inch

i Dont mind Marvel's 3.75 inch figs, but DC i prefer in 6 inch

With the prices of oil, thus plastic in this economy, you will more than likely see 3.75 inch figures. It seems the big companies are going towards that scale more and more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"