Better Class Of Toyline (Official: Movie Masters Thread)

the GRIN Reaper

Civilian
Reaction score
Ok fellas, I'm creating this thread to condense specific talk about the movie maniac figures and their future.

First let me state that this line is BY FAR a better class of movie toy line than I've seen in quite sometime, and Mattel has given it to us. Not only do the makers of the movie raised the bar, but the producers of the toys for it have as well. Likeness is incredible, and they capture the gruesome insanity and visceral visuals of the characters they have created thus far.

Yes, the most annoying aspect is that a) the figures were extremely underproduced and b) the hype and pent up desire for the product is so strong. But in a recent interview with Mattel, they said they are producing as many as possible and will be shipping many figures all through out the summer ... and after what's sure to be a direct result of the success of the movie, you'll see much greater demand for them to be in stores by the regular consumers and not just the fans of the movie and product.

This thread is a dedication to the best mass produced movie toy line to hit in sometime. In this thread we can share ideas for the future of the line, post cinematic pictures of your current MM figures, share news and info regarding future released of wave 2, wave 3, etc. By the looks of the next series, things are only going to get better. BEGINS Batman, Demon Bats, and Scarecrow look oustanding. If anyone has any pics, please post away.

I'm hoping Mattel is inspired to make a Tumbler in scale with the 6 inch line, and there is strong potential for a bat-pod given the information leaked by the 4 horseman. I can't wait to see where this movie series takes us. We def. need a Ra's / Ducard, Gordon, Wayne, and Alfred in the future too.

:brucebat::hoboj:

You can also use this thread for official finding reports, given the figures are so difficult to find as of right now. I think this would help brothers of the Bat be able to find and weed out where they can find these plastic gems.

MM Jokers are going to start hitting store shelves soon. Mattel was interviewed in their monthly interview and said they are producing alot more and will be shipping all through out the summer, and in greater quantaties after the movie.

BUT, the next batch of Jokers are different with paint apps. I prefer the original release. The eyes look more intimidating and glaring, as opposed to the suprised look. In the new paint apps, Jokers eyes look like the scene where he says "And ... here ... we ... go!!!"

Check it out:

2lu6vyw.jpg

1st Version's Paint Apps

ix9fm1.jpg

Re-Release Version Paint Apps

2a78u46.jpg

Wow those look horrible, I don't understand the fascination of owning these.

Mine does... the flash everyone uses to take their pictures washes out the black even more. I'm not entirely satisfied with the paint job, either, but pictures do make it look worse.

Mine does... the flash everyone uses to take their pictures washes out the black even more. I'm not entirely satisfied with the paint job, either, but pictures do make it look worse.
Definetely. All I hear is hate, hate, hate from others. Probably just salty cause they don't have one yet?

:huh:

This is great news. I'm going to have to get another one now since this is just different enough to warrant a purchase.

Thanks for the info Reaper!

That Joker Card is cool though. Actual playing card size and cardboard?

sweet can't wait to get the new version and display it next to my original release mm

Where did you get the second version in that pic? Does that mean he's out now?

That Joker Card is cool though. Actual playing card size and cardboard?

Yes to both.

And these figures do look better in person, but not as good as the promo pics did. But then again, very few figures ever really do. A lot of TDK stuff looks better in person, such as the DC Direct figure and bust. Both of those are awesome in person. About the only thing that doesn't look better in hand are those awful basic line figures.

i cant believe they revised his look- i dont know what i think about the new look- i need to see it in person- did they re-sculpt the mouth?

why does he look like robin williams thats a stupid look, but hey its still the joker be happy for what ya got.

i cant believe they revised his look- i dont know what i think about the new look- i need to see it in person- did they re-sculpt the mouth?

They just painted it differently. It's amazing, the sculpts on these figures are outstanding, but once they paint the damn things they end up looking awful.

To be honest, the Joker MM's do really look like that in person but if you do a little customizing it can look like the movie joker in no time. It's the chase figure that you need to see in person. Pictures don't do it justice at all!

Movie Masters Series 2:

Batman Begins suit Batman:
16457740td8.jpg

Fear Toxin Batman (The Chase figure of series 2):
16457810jn9.jpg

Scarecrow:
16457980rt9.jpg

I wish I could see any of the series two figs, my work computer isn't allowing the images through.

why does he look like robin williams thats a stupid look
Really?

jokerfig.jpg

I don't know ... looks exactly like Heath Ledger to me ... the flesh paint color scheme shows this. Plus, Heath is so hidden in the way the Joker looks in the movie, even he doesn't look spot on like Heath Ledger.

scmm1.jpg

BEST movie toy line in quite sometime. Simply incredible. If that mask is removable, I'll have a chubby in my pants.

Only problem I have with the BEGINS Batman figures, the guantlets are on reverse. Hopefully they correct that problem by the final sculpt.

Series 2 of MM looks great. Can't wait to get those. The flesh colored Joker does look a lot like Heath Ledger. It definitely has Ledger's eyes.

Series 2 of MM looks great. Can't wait to get those. The flesh colored Joker does look a lot like Heath Ledger. It definitely has Ledger's eyes.
And Ledger's hair line, cheeck bones, jaw ... basically it looks just like him. On par or better than any Heath Ledger Joker product released thus far. If you're bitter or think it sucks, its probably cause you don't have one yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Francuz231
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"