Birds of Prey Birds of Prey General Discussion and Speculation

This is a rather creative way of letting us know that this is basically Harley Quinn and Friends.

It sucks, but a title is a title.

Last edited:
I'm starting to wonder why they didn't just make a Harley Quinn movie.

It would’ve been funnier if the subtitle had been a funny little addition to Robbie’s script and not the actual titile of the film. It ultimately doesn’t matter, but I agree will everyone expressing dissatisfaction with it.

lol I've already seen on twitter folks complain about the title. When you pay for the damn ticket ya'll is only going to say 'Birds of Prey' that is it. That type of nitpick is too expensive for me, fam.
Are you seriously telling me that everyone that saw The Assassination of Jesse James by The Coward Robert Ford didn't say the full title when the bought the ticket?:o

:funny:

Sad to admit though, my enthusiasm for this movie is starting to wane a little. I'm actually more excited now for the upcoming CW Elseworlds crossover - especially after the most recent teaser showing Batwoman (and possibly the Joker?). Wouldn't have thought that six months ago.

Last edited:
It is what it is. Harley Quinn is in this movie, and they're not going to sideline her. She's going to be a chaotic, driving force throughout the film. The additional "title" makes sense given her sense of humor, gives the whole thing just a bit more "girl power", and the send up of long, pretentious titles kind of works in context. If they get a bunch of negative feedback, they can always just call it Birds of Prey, which most people probably will anyway. They're not aiming this title at the diehard fans, and I'll bet it plays fairly well with casual audiences.

So, it's looking like this will definitely be a backdoor pilot for the HQCU (Harley Quinn Cinematic Universe) that WB is trying to kickstart :o

So, it's looking like this will definitely be a backdoor pilot for the HQCU (Harley Quinn Cinematic Universe) that WB is trying to kickstart :o
Not the whole DC universe. Just the Batman side of things. BvS and Justice League will be reshot with Harley replacing Batman in the plot.

I like it. Everyone is going to just call it "Birds of Prey" and that subtitle is the equivalent of a little wink.

That said I'm really hoping they figure out what to do with Robbie this time around. She was one of the lone bright spots in SS, they nailed the casting, but she needs a role worth her time.

Not the whole DC universe. Just the Batman side of things. BvS and Justice League will be reshot with Harley replacing Batman in the plot.
It'll be just like JLA Year One when Black Canary replaced Wonder Woman as a founding member!

I like it. Everyone is going to just call it "Birds of Prey" and that subtitle is the equivalent of a little wink.

That said I'm really hoping they figure out what to do with Robbie this time around. She was one of the lone bright spots in SS, they nailed the casting, but she needs a role worth her time.

It’ll be interesting to see what Robbie’s vision for the character is. I’m honestly expecting a female Deadpool who doesn’t break the fourth wall and is probably a bit more outwardly sensitive.

I don't mind the title. I can't wait to see people abbreviating it online if we get multiple BoP movies. :D

Not a fan of the title, however I suppose it's to pre-empt any complaints about how Harley Quinn is the focus and has the most screen time in comparison with the other players. They might as well of called it Harley Quinn + Birds of Prey.

I'm still here for having a female centric action movie... although I saw Widows the other week and I'm not sure Birds of Prey will be that good.

Ah the days when we though the phantom menace was a lame title I almost miss those days

Love the title!

Reminds of me "Doctor Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb" and "Birdman or (The Unexpected Virture of Ignorance)". It's different, and sets up an unexpected tone for the movie.

And nothing stops you from just calling it "Birds of Prey".

Last edited:
I don’t quite get the passionate objections to the title. Isn’t Harley Quinn a wacky, over-the-top character? So a wacky, over-the-top title is just being consistent, no? “Truth in advertising,” as it were. :word:

I don’t quite get the passionate objections to the title. Isn’t Harley Quinn a wacky, over-the-top character? So a wacky, over-the-top title is just being consistent, no? “Truth in advertising,” as it were. :word:

Personally, I just don’t think it’s very funny, and I think it’s obvious that it’s supposed to be.

Why call it 'Harley Quinn + Birds of Prey', though? That would be a pretty lazy title.

Yeah if there's one thing you can't call this title, it's lazy.

The subtitle is terrible. Just call it Birds of Prey. Anyway, can't believe they are making this and a Joker film, before The Flash and SS2 first. Dceu is a mess.

We already knew that HQ was the main character for this movie so the title doesn't bother me, at least it leaves room for a HQless sequel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"