Birds of Prey Birds of Prey General Discussion and Speculation

The scene in Suicide Squad where they were suiting up had her choosing between a variety of outfits. One of them was her classic costume. They can have her wear whatever she wants without the Suicide Squad outfit returning.

Bit of both, no? It’s probably a good marketing strategy to not have a direct line between your new prospect and that last one that even the more ardent supporters of the whole endeavor single out as the lowest point and, plus, you had star and producer Margot Robbie stating that she would not like to return to the look.

Just curious, do you mean that from a marketing perspective, a 'sever all ties to the previous film' perspective, or something else?

Margot herself said she was going to change her look. I also don't want to look for the article which mentions this. :ftc:

They should introduce Green Arrow into the DCEU sooner or later and this film would have been perfect but if Amell is *****ing then why doesn't he plead his case with Hamada and company to include him in the Universe? Personally, I want a Green Arrow on the big screen...it is about time...they don't even have to introduce him they can reference him or mention him and then you can eventually cast a Green Arrow in the DCEU

Why do live action DC things always have such a hard on for Zsaz? Use someone new.

They should introduce Green Arrow into the DCEU sooner or later and this film would have been perfect but if Amell is *****ing then why doesn't he plead his case with Hamada and company to include him in the Universe? Personally, I want a Green Arrow on the big screen...it is about time...they don't even have to introduce him they can reference him or mention him and then you can eventually cast a Green Arrow in the DCEU
I'd be up for Green Arrow but I don't want Amell's 'Batman-lite' version.

I'm a fan of her look in Skwad. Even more of fan after hnnnngh cosplayer women put it on. But Margot wasn't really on board them shorts and high heels.
Yeah definitely, me too. Well, it'll be interesting to see what they go with.

Why do live action DC things always have such a hard on for Zsaz? Use someone new.
He had a role with no dialogue in Batman Begins, recurring character on Gotham, and this movie. He's only been in two things so far and in one of those it's a very minor role.

He had a role with no dialogue in Batman Begins, recurring character on Gotham, and this movie. He's only been in two things so far and in one of those it's a very minor role.
Yeah, Zsasz is HARDLY overused. Especially when you consider that he'll almost certainly be a secondary villain in this film.

Makes financial sense to have a new costume for Harley Quinn, creates a lot of new merchandise they can sell.

Mr J the Joker most likely will show up...Harley's obsession he will show up

I honestly forgot he was in BB. Haven't seen that movie in a while...

I honestly forgot he was in BB. Haven't seen that movie in a while...
I think he only has 3 scenes in that movie. His trial where because of Jonathan Crane's testimony he was sent to Arkham instead of prison, short shot of him with the other Arkham inmates walking out of their cells, and he almost attacks Rachel before Batman saves her. He was a hitman working for Carmine Falcone in both Batman Begins and Gotham. So hopefully this one will have him as just a serial killer to make it a bit different from the other two live action appearances.

Mr J the Joker most likely will show up...Harley's obsession he will show up
Most likely will be referenced but won't show up. The movie's subtitle is the Emancipation of One Harley Quinn. She's clearly trying to get away from the Joker. As odd as it sounds the subtitle makes me think that this movie will being going off of the original cut of Suicide Squad. It was rumored that before the reshoots, Joker and Harley's relationship was a lot more abusive and Joker was changed to being in love with her for the theatrical cut. Because what is the point of Harley wanting to get away from Joker when they really don't seem to have any relationship problems in Suicide Squad.

Most likely will be referenced but won't show up. The movie's subtitle is the Emancipation of One Harley Quinn. She's clearly trying to get away from the Joker. As odd as it sounds the subtitle makes me think that this movie will being going off of the original cut of Suicide Squad. It was rumored that before the reshoots, Joker and Harley's relationship was a lot more abusive and Joker was changed to being in love with her for the theatrical cut. Because what is the point of Harley wanting to get away from Joker when they really don't seem to have any relationship problems in Suicide Squad.

I guess I see your point but then again Joker and Harley have always had a sick, twisted relationship with each other

The movie has "Emancipation" right there in the title and they're clearly trying to spin this movie as an empowering thing for women. I don't think Joker is gonna have a huge role here.

Unless they show her breaking away from her Puddin and then becoming her own woman then I could probably get more behind Harley as a character but to me she reminds me of the battered woman in an abusive relationship no matter how much she gets beaten down she will always go back because let's face it she has always gone back to Puddin...always gone back to Joker and if he is her abuser women do go back

Unless they show her breaking away from her Puddin and then becoming her own woman then I could probably get more behind Harley as a character but to me she reminds me of the battered woman in an abusive relationship no matter how much she gets beaten down she will always go back because let's face it she has always gone back to Puddin...always gone back to Joker and if he is her abuser women do go back
The story Mad Love makes the point that that's exactly what Harley is (or was, as originally envisaged).

Also evidenced when in Suicide Squad she more or less left Deadshot and the others behind for Joker...just proving my point

I always saw Harley as a cautionary tale, showing how unhealthy relationships like that are. Her misguided love for The Joker is the reason she left a life of helping people and began hurting them instead.
Supervillains aren't supposed to be role models, inspirations or empowering. Just as superheroes are examples of how we should act, villains are examples of how we shouldn't. Harley Quinn is a monster, yes she has a tragic origin like a lot of villains but she kills people for fun and is not to be emulated.
To me, the only emancipation that would make sense would be her leaving the Joker and the Harley Quinn persona, returning to being Harleen Quinzel.
The Joker is her obsession like Two-Faces coin, take that away and she stops being a supervillain.
I see a story where Harley leaves the Joker as the last Harley Quinn story, the only reason she paints her skin and wears clown outfits is to try to please the Joker, without him that goes too and she returns to a normal life.

I always saw Harley as a cautionary tale, showing how unhealthy relationships like that are. Her misguided love for The Joker is the reason she left a life of helping people and began hurting them instead.
Supervillains aren't supposed to be role models, inspirations or empowering. Just as superheroes are examples of how we should act, villains are examples of how we shouldn't. Harley Quinn is a monster, yes she has a tragic origin like a lot of villains but she kills people for fun and is not to be emulated.
To me, the only emancipation that would make sense would be her leaving the Joker and the Harley Quinn persona, returning to being Harleen Quinzel.
The Joker is her obsession like Two-Faces coin, take that away and she stops being a supervillain.
I see a story where Harley leaves the Joker as the last Harley Quinn story, the only reason she paints her skin and wears clown outfits is to try to please the Joker, without him that goes too and she returns to a normal life.

Basically this unless she ends up going into a life of crime by becoming an anti-hero/vigilante

do u guys think batman is about trauma ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"