Birds of Prey Birds of Prey General Discussion and Speculation

The Mexico premiere today seems to have gotten really good reception.

All I have to say is, Margot is a smart business woman, I doubt she would make this movie under her production company "Lucky Chap Entertainment" if this was going to be received badly.

At Mexico premiere

EPMEhkrXUAEYVXo

EPL21JeWAAAmni3

That's a lovely pic of Huntress, Black Canary and Harley.

I'm sorry but I don't believe Margot was born in 1990.

This guy is getting roasted in the comments and retweets. Lol.

This guy is getting roasted in the comments and retweets. Lol.

Stupid guy. How dare women choose to wear stuff that they like and not just dress for the male gaze. I also think they all look really great in this. Especially Harley.

If it bombs because of comic book nerds not being placated too then it is worth it.

Margot was 24 when she got the role in 2015, but ya lots of guys were happy but like "what, she's only 24!?"

It's the rumor about the embargo being lifted the day before true?

Bad sign if true

I have heard that the review embargo lifts two days before the movie's release, which is the standard norm for most DC movies. The social media reactions embargo lifts 5/6 days before the movie's release.

And, they are doing multiple advance screenings too, I doubt this points to something bad, but we will see.

I have heard that the review embargo lifts two days before the movie's release, which is the standard norm for most DC movies. The social media reactions embargo lifts 5/6 days before the movie's release.

And, they are doing multiple advance screenings too, I doubt this points to something bad, but we will see.
The social media embargo actually lifts 10 days (this Wednesday) before the film comes out. Hopefully that means they are confident with it.

It's the rumor about the embargo being lifted the day before true?

Bad sign if true

No, it's placeholder is the 4th. The Social Media embargo lifts this Weds so if it's not good then we'll know way before the review embargo lifts but I don't think they would lift it so early knowing that it'll get bad reactions.

No, it's placeholder is the 4th. The Social Media embargo lifts this Weds so if it's not good then we'll know way before the review embargo lifts but I don't think they would lift it so early knowing that it'll get bad reactions.
To be fair, most of the time social media reactions are positive.

And you never know, remember when FOX lifted the full embargo for X-Men Apocalypse 2 weeks before the release?

She looks a little older to be honest. 1990 is probably her stage age, she looks more like she's born in 85.
I always thought Margot looked older, but I wouldn't go that far as to say she lied.

And you never know, remember when FOX lifted the full embargo for X-Men Apocalypse 2 weeks before the release?

True but at least we'll have journalists/critics tweeting their thoughts instead of people saying they're only fan reactions. I mean when AQ's social media embargo lifted, there were tweets criticizing certain aspects of the movie and some didn't like it at all but I think the good out weighed the bad.

apocalypse was an anomaly. Sometimes the studio miscalculates what people are going to think about their movie. I think Fox genuinely thought Apocalypse was solid and so they lifted the embargo early. Most times though the studio has a fairly good pulse of whether their end product is junk or not.

They do check social media regarding it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"