Black Cat.....Just because.

Silverstein

Superhero
Reaction score
I haven't actually seen many GOOD pictures of Black Cat. I mean everyone likes the ones drawn by Dodson, the "Evil that men do" version of BC. But is that it? How have other artist done her? She's one of the most known female characters/villains from spidey.

these threads lose something when "because" is spelled correctly

Not Jake said:
these threads lose something when "because" is spelled correctly

An' I changed it. Just for you. I am th' kindest person ever.. :O

to actually get some BC pics in here:

black_cat_2.jpg

400px-BlkCatfh.jpg

Anybody else think that Pete should have kept a sexual relationship with Felicia instead of marrying MJ?

I do! :)

question should be "anybody remember when BC wasn't endowed like a playmate"? ;)

Grim Goblin said:
question should be "anybody remember when BC wasn't endowed like a playmate"? ;)

Yeah, and all I can say is, the good old days sucked.

Anyway, pictures!

black-cat2.jpg

blackcat-feliciahardy-01-marvel-poor.jpg

BlackCat03.jpg

Okay yeah, that last one was a bit much.

black_cat2.jpg

smother0158nk.jpg

gomfeliciahardy8it.jpg

Eh... as a character, Black Cat isn't much. She pretty much exists nowadays solely to be sexy.

It'd be nce if they gave some depth.And not some crappy retcon like they enjoy doing so much nowadays,but some actual character development.

That last pic of Felicia makes her look ******ed.

"Oh! Pretty fruit-smelly spray! I wonder what it tastes like?"

Abaddon said:
It'd be nce if they gave some depth.And not some crappy retcon like they enjoy doing so much nowadays,but some actual character development.

There was some character development in the last few issues of Kevin Smith's run.

Although i personally didn't care for it.

Yeah,I heard some mention of her having a history of sexual abuse.Meh.

Abaddon said:
Yeah,I heard some mention of her having a history of sexual abuse.Meh.

Yeah, that's pretty much my exact definition of 'crappy retcon'.

Cyclops said:
Eh... as a character, Black Cat isn't much. She pretty much exists nowadays solely to be sexy.

Don't really see what's supposed to be wrong with that, to be totally honest.

fifthfiend said:
Yeah, that's pretty much my exact definition of 'crappy retcon'.

Don't really see what's supposed to be wrong with that, to be totally honest.

Well, why bother putting her in actual stories, then? Just release pinups and then everything'll be fine.

The K.Smith run was bad. I'd rather have her exist as a sex object, until someone decent can write her, then to try to write a story based on a sick fantasy. Black Cat being raped isn't the kind of thing that belongs in a Spider-Man comic. Like if Catwoman were raped, then it's bad but it still fits in with the theme of "gritty" and "city of crime and sin" that is Batman.

But Spidey is a guy who makes fun of villains as he beats them, why should his ex girlfriend have been raped by some guy? It's like if Barney has an episode about STD's.

I could be wrong. Maybe some people think it was a good story. Maybe it was, but I don't think it was even handled correctly. It was like Kevin just threw things together. And over the 3 years it took to get written, I feel like he changed what he was originally going to do. I don't think that rape was going to be the theme for everyone.

It was just stupid IMO.

They could easily have made a story about Black Cat admiring her father and learning about say a secret treasure that he was after. and she has to go find it, but every villain in New York ends up hearing about it. So Spidey and Daredevil have to bail her out.

That would have been awesome. No one's history would have been ruined/tainted. It would have been dramatic, funny, serious, action packed, and visually pleasing.

Not some vain attempt to write a good story by tearing apart a character, violating them, and then giving us a whole book of nothing. (The nightcrawler issue was pointless because in the very next issue he wasn't even mentioned. They didn't even need him)

Why is it that when Marvel tries to give a female character some kind of past, it has to be sexual?

-Gwen, she became Green Goblin's ****e.
- Black Cat, see above. She was raped.
- Mystique, she was sleeping around trying to get pregnant and then when she actually had a baby, she threw it off a cliff trying to forget her past.
- There's probablly more characters....But these are the ones I can think of right now.

[Remember when I mentioned sick fantasies? Did you know there's like a whole mental condition where a man sees that a woman is strong willed or whatever, and they desire to break it just to dominate them? So like, why bother with pervisions like that...Someone could imply Kevin Smith wanted this to happen to BC.]

ChineseFooD said:
They could easily have made a story about Black Cat admiring her father and learning about say a secret treasure that he was after. and she has to go find it, but every villain in New York ends up hearing about it. So Spidey and Daredevil have to bail her out.

Or a story where she finds out someone murdered her old partner from the detective agency and his family,and goes on a mission to find the killers and uncovers secrets or something.

Not some vain attempt to write a good story by tearing apart a character, violating them, and then giving us a whole book of nothing. (The nightcrawler issue was pointless because in the very next issue he wasn't even mentioned. They didn't even need him)

Why is it that when Marvel tries to give a female character some kind of past, it has to be sexual?

-Gwen, she became Green Goblin's ****e.
- Black Cat, see above. She was raped.
- Mystique, she was sleeping around trying to get pregnant and then when she actually had a baby, she threw it off a cliff trying to forget her past.
- There's probablly more characters....But these are the ones I can think of right now.

[Remember when I mentioned sick fantasies? Did you know there's like a whole mental condition where a man sees that a woman is strong willed or whatever, and they desire to break it just to dominate them? So like, why bother with pervisions like that...Someone could imply Kevin Smith wanted this to happen to BC.]

I always saw her as a sexually liberated chick.Not that she was necessarilly bed-hopping.It was clear in the early stories that she got off mostly from playing hero,or villain in some cases.

Cyclops said:
Well, why bother putting her in actual stories, then?

For the same reason they still make Vampirella comics.:up:

Cyclops said:
Just release pinups and then everything'll be fine.

Pinups? Pinups. Pinups!

march2006blackcatrl1hk.jpg

catwomanvsblackcat5zu.jpg

blackcat25bp.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"