Black Cat.....Just because.

ChineseFooD said:
Varient, everything you said there was true. So I'm not trying to refute you at all...BUT I think it's also much more than that. Yeah she's been drawn as a focus for sexual lust or whatever, but if she is "only" that it is because she has not had many good writers.

ALL characters are drawn sexily. When was the last fat chick super hero? Or guy so weak he can't even destroy a brick wall? They are all made extremely...well, Xtreme.

Imagine Black Cat wanting to join the Avengers, having heard about Peter. But they turn her down. She gets pissed and does something stupid that ends up freeing another more powerful villain who destroys a lot of the city. So the government says enough. And people have to take off their masks.

Black Cat could be the Helen of Troy for the Civil war arc.

They can give her roles that make her good without it being a simple sexy theif. She can be more than the some of her parts. (Especially those parts that interest most guys)

I agree that's why I didn't say the 1st or 2nd thing. Felicia Hardy was a great idea that suffered from bad writing.

Now she's the obligationary cheesecake/point of contention with MJ the Super-Model.

I probably wouldn't gripe so much if she didn't completly ignore the laws of physics and her "powers" stayed consistant.

Vanguard07 said:
I suggest they put Black Cat on the Heroes for Hire roster and flesh her out (As a character i mean... lol) during the new H4H series.
I'd be okay with that.

How does this sound:

Heroes For Hire: Grand Reopening

lead by Danny Rand, Iron Fist. He needs an outlet and practice to keep his skills sharp. Danny is trying to do the hero thing and keep his company in check as he's being aggressively attacked (corporately) by Singularity Investigations (the company also behind the New Warriors reality show).

but a major stock holder is Felicia Hardy, who can't bear the boring life any longer. Felicia doesn't like to show her real feelings, hiding behind masks of sensuality and flirtation, but she is beginning to suspect that her true love was Peter Parker, and she missed her shot.

Luke Cage is a frequent, but not regular member, as he is often busy with Avengers work.

Shang-Chi is brought out of retirement to join the team. He's working with the lesser trained members of the team to help them learn how to really fight. He's worried that war will be his entire life. he's looking for one person he can teach the philosophy of this to.

Misty Knight is convinced to join the team, adding her experience as a cop. Misty is struggling with her humanity, and some alcoholism she's kept secret for years. When he leg gets replaced she becomes worried that she's becoming less human with each body part that gets replaced.

Herman Shultz actually manages to convince them to let him and Rhino on the team. this causes tension between him (an ex-con) and Misty Knight (a cop). he says he wants to be on the up-and-up (He's recently be exonerated on all charges thanks to his lawyers at Shulkie's lawfirm)

Rhino is a big galoot that even his shady past doesn't bother the team members because they know he's not really smart enought to pull the whole betrayal thing. he follows Shocker if he's around and if he's not, he'll follow anyone else's orders. He dotes on Felicia a little.

Kaine come in as Mr. Uncertain. he shows up knowing only his name. Kaine doesn't remember who or even what he is. he just knows he's worked on a merchant ship to get across the atlantic. (his accent let him know he was american).

ooohhhh that's really good i would buy that in a second please tell me kaine is the Kaine from the spiderman clone saga?!!

chris moore said:
There's nothing wrong with having a female character who is predominantly a burglar and a hero when the need arises opening using what is unquestionably a hot body and a pretty face to accomplish what she needs.

Because of her father not being around a lot of the time, Felicia has issues with not having a male figure around to guide her. The one time she did let her guard down, she was raped and therefore her wish for a male figure became even more hard to attain due to trust, but still desired. This has lead to insecurity issues about herself in general as she subconsciously sees herself as someone that is incapable of holding onto anything that matters and therefore it must be her that causes that loss. This is why she is aware she is hot, but also worries that as her hotness gets her the spotlight, if she were ever to lose that beauty she would lose the attention. The attention is what she craves now as a substitute for retaining affection and meaningful feelings from someone.

This is why she flaunts her boobage, but at the same time resents any implication that she might be bursting out of her costume and therefore getting fat. This is why she still sees Peter as the man for her as he is without question the only man who provides both guidance like she needed from her father, and compassion like she needed from the guy who raped her but proved to be only after the body she now so openly uses against anyone she comes up against.

Felicia has depth beyond that of her cleavage. The stories she is used in just illustrate her sexuality and leave out anything that moves her forward. Her appearances have been brief but frequent of late and therefore there are two choices when using her in a script. Explore the character within the existing story (only possible when not a cameo), or use her physicality to add humour to a darker story by focussing on her hotness as a foil.

If she is brought in as more of a friend figure to MJ (as I'm not seeing Jessica hanging with MJ in Avengers tower in any appearance), then it brings Felicia more into the mainstream MU (though she has run into more characters of late than ever before) and allows the chance to show her humanity a bit more than her body, but still has her body front and centre from a visual perspective.

i agree with most of this.

Zoken said:
How does this sound:

lead by Danny Rand, Iron Fist. He needs an outlet and practice to keep his skills sharp. Danny is trying to do the hero thing and keep his company in check as he's being aggressively attacked (corporately) by Singularity Investigations (the company also behind the New Warriors reality show).

but a major stock holder is Felicia Hardy, who can't bear the boring life any longer. Felicia doesn't like to show her real feelings, hiding behind masks of sensuality and flirtation, but she is beginning to suspect that her true love was Peter Parker, and she missed her shot.

Luke Cage is a frequent, but not regular member, as he is often busy with Avengers work.

Shang-Chi is brought out of retirement to join the team. He's working with the lesser trained members of the team to help them learn how to really fight. He's worried that war will be his entire life. he's looking for one person he can teach the philosophy of this to.

Misty Knight is convinced to join the team, adding her experience as a cop. Misty is struggling with her humanity, and some alcoholism she's kept secret for years. When he leg gets replaced she becomes worried that she's becoming less human with each body part that gets replaced.

Herman Shultz actually manages to convince them to let him and Rhino on the team. this causes tension between him (an ex-con) and Misty Knight (a cop). he says he wants to be on the up-and-up (He's recently be exonerated on all charges thanks to his lawyers at Shulkie's lawfirm)

Rhino is a big galoot that even his shady past doesn't bother the team members because they know he's not really smart enought to pull the whole betrayal thing. he follows Shocker if he's around and if he's not, he'll follow anyone else's orders. He dotes on Felicia a little.

Kaine come in as Mr. Uncertain. he shows up knowing only his name. Kaine doesn't remember who or even what he is. he just knows he's worked on a merchant ship to get across the atlantic. (his accent let him know he was american).

I dunno about Rhino and Shocker... but i'd give em a chance. You gotta throw in some of the other classic H4H members though. Black Knight. Hercules. maybe Deadpool or Taskmaster or both. and finally. Gravity.

I'm wanting seriously streetlevelers. Rhino is only considered because of the limitation of his intellect.

Deadpool, yeah, he might be good for comic relief, plus playing him and Rhino off each other would be really good. Gravity can have occassional guest spots to train with some of them, like Shang-Chi, invited by Luke, who's only doing this part time.

and Kaine is indeed the spider-clone Kaine. The idea is that some time during his stay in europe he had his mind wiped again. his looks and powers (I don't know if he ever met any of these people) make for interesting play with these characters, especially Felicia who is secretly pining for Peter (Translation she's dating every guy she can so she can forget about him but it doesn't work).

I love your ideas except for a few things. I will never acknowledge Kevin Smith's rape of Black Cat as official. And I REALLY hope Marvel does not as well.

And although Kaine was cool, I really don't want to bring back any more clone saga stuff. It's bad enough that we had so much drama(fans threatening to leave ASM etc) the last two or so years. But to have Kaine show up again would be too much.

You're still making her a flirtatious person. Dating everyone she can to forget Peter? No. Because that's still her being some kind of sex driven character. When I think of Mary Jane, I realize she's hot, but I also instantly think "emotional support" the "other half of Peter" you know? His "Balance". MJ has a purpose beyond simple T and A scenes. She has zero super powers and yet she is deeper than how some writers make Black Cat.

So why fall into that?

In USM, Black cat is hot. Yes. She is attracted to Spider-man. Yes. But the twist is that she's utterly repulsed by Peter and throws up in his lap when she sees him. All of that is a SMALL portion of what the character was there. She actually served a purpose and was fun. There is still mystery about how she "died" and came back I think. And there was much for her to do.

If you edited out the sexual tension or whatever, you would have still had a fun character. But if you BASE who she is on flirting and dates, then you are limiting her.

Storm is hot, but not many people think "sex object" when they see her. No one wonders what's under Petey's costume, why should we care about BC's? We shouldn't even think about it.

The dating thing isn't about sex, the guys will never go back to her because "She's a tease" the idea is she is trying to find emotional stability, and she's defined it so long through sensuality, now she wants to move on from that, maybe part of her thinking that if she straightens out she might get-in with Peter... I don't want to define her as "Sex Object" I want to define her as "Confused Woman"

Your objection about Kaine makes sense, and thats why I decided to amnesiac him. erase that crap, and make him almost totally fresh.

ChineseFooD said:
And although Kaine was cool, I really don't want to bring back any more clone saga stuff. It's bad enough that we had so much drama(fans threatening to leave ASM etc) the last two or so years. But to have Kaine show up again would be too much.

I have lost respect for your judgement after such clone hate.:down

What clone hate? I said Kaine was cool. I said that other people will start drama, the same stuff we heard over The Other. So why bother with that when you could use a better, more appropriate, or new character?

My judgement for these things is just fine. Respected or not.

It means the same as "Laugh out Loud".

And What I found funny is the fact that it has been YEARS since the clone war sagas,.. and people STILL have enough issue with it to go back and forth about any part of it.

Me?
I miss "Impact Webbing."

Zoken said:
How does this sound:

I'd definately read that. :up:

Unleashed said:
blackcat9ao.jpg
Too much time on your hands. Pervert.

How's he a pervert for making Black Cat? That's what her costume looks like. Some variations show even more. I could see you saying that if he made her nude or some kind of hentai pic or something. But it's nothing vulgar or inappropriate at all. Do you call people who make digital images of Spider-man perverts or tell them they have too much time?

People can be really stupid with insults.

Cyclops said:
Eh... as a character, Black Cat isn't much. She pretty much exists nowadays solely to be sexy.

She does a pretty good job at making MJ jealous every now and then. I like when that happens. And they did do stuff with her back in the 90's when she was dating Flash Thompson. But that was back in a simpler time. :o

"No," Felicia said flatly.

"Why?" Schultz growled.

"You are a wanted Felon," she threw at him.

"Was," Herman defended. he couldn't help but smile. "I got that meta-human firm to take my case. they got me off with time served. It helps that I don't really kill. And we wanna talk about criminals?" he laughed. "What about you Ms. Cat-burgler? I can name ten different so called 'Heroes' that at one time or another were on the wrong side of the law. and in the case of the Spider-Freak, are still on the wrong side of the law."

"he has a point," Danny said, before Felicia could say anything. "Besides, we could use someone with expertise in electronics."

"Hey, I'm your man," Herman said. "And lets not forget Alexsi, he's gone toe-to-toe with the Hulk."

"I know," Danny said. "Him, I trust."

"Good... wait!" Herman got in front of Danny. "Do you not trust me?"

"Call it being judgemental but, no. If it makes you feel anybetter I don't trust Felicia either."

Herman considered this a moment. "Actually... It does."

Felicia gritted her teeth. she turned on her heel and stormed out of the room.

"You know," Herman commented to Danny. "Her ass used to say when she did that... what's changed?"

Danny gave Herman a disgusted look and walked out, shaking his head.

"Hoiman," Alexsi said. "I don't think you oughtta make funna Felicia like dat."

"Hey," he said in his defense. "I make fun of any girl who's ever shot me down."

"Yeah, but Hoiman, Felicia's classy."

"Have you met Ms. Hardy?" Herman asked his large friend.

"Hoiman," Alexsi said, lumbering off. It was not lost on Herman that Alexsi was going in the same direction that Felicia had gone.

Why bother? There are lots of artist who have made brilliant fan art without making hentai.

But then again you are a super villain...So nevermind, Demogoblin. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"