Sony Spin-Off Black Cat/Silver Sable spinoff film

So who do you think they will cast s Black Cat and Silver Sable? Are they going for younger actresses?

I do hope for positive news soon. I'd like to see this start filming by spring.

I think February may be the month to expect to hear more about this. Glad to hear the Wild Pack will be featured; hopefully Latveria too.

Seeing that Sony is looking primarily at Spiderman villains for this movie, I'm kind of disappointed they didn't just go with Jack-O Lantern as I remember a comic that was pretty good (a re-print or something of Silver Sable trying to track down the Jack-O-Lantern) or maybe even the Rose. A sort of 70's or 80's vibe in different parts I think would work well. Heck even the Foreigner thrown in with some uber assassins from the comics on his trail would be a very interesting 80's type superhero film with a synth soundtrack. While I'm kind of meh so far about this 2nd spinoff film, hopefully more details will shed some more light on it.

https://screenrant.com/spider-man-silver-black-movie-filming-mexico/

-New Announcement of shooting schedule March 5 to Middle of June disguised title is "Tri-Border". So just shy of 4 months. Budget perhaps moderate?

-Final Writing Credits: By director Prince-Bythewood – who has co-written the script with Christopher Yost from a story by Lisa Joy. Final Pitch as "superhero version of Thelma & Louise which begins with the internationally renowned mercenary Silver Sable leading her team on a mission to hunt down brilliant jewel thief Felicia Hardy, aka. Black Cat".

-Special Effects Supervisor and Costume Designer
Black Panther‘s costume designer Ruth E. Carter and Doctor Strange visual effects supervisor Sheena Duggal are reported to have joined the production team. Carter – a two-time Oscar winner – previously worked with Prince-Bythewood on Love & Basketball, while Duggal has a long history with the superhero genre that includes VFX work on Iron Man 3, Thor: The Dark World, and Marvel’s Agent Carter TV show. Duggal already had a history of working within Sony’s Marvel universe too, having supervised the VFX on Sam Raimi’s Spider-Man 3, and is currently working on the Tom Hardy-led Venom spin-off film.

-Production designer Kristi Zea (worked on Red Dragon and The Departed). Suggests some villains perhaps having a more grounded look. (This is mentioned elsewhere not in link above so can just google it)

-Main production hub again Atlanta. Omega Underground reports on shooting in Mexico as well. Wonder where this'll be?

-Gina Rodriguez rumored for major starring role?

Anyone have any thoughts on any of these announcements?

Nothing official yet but her name seems to still be sticking to the project after being rumored about last summer (talked about here as well I just found out after searching http://omegaunderground.com/2017/08/17/sony-consider-actresses-spider-man-spinoff-silver-black/).

Production Title: "Tri-Border" I think alludes to the Triple Frontier region where Black Cat's supposed to be hiding out at start of film. Perhaps some of these scenes will be shot onsite here?:
95cf8aaa4fea616ffb4b5ae87dac39a7.jpg

Last edited:
My picks:

Silver Sable

Charlize Theron
charlize-theron.jpg

Lena Headey
o-GAME-OF-THRONES-STARS-IN-REAL-LIFE-facebook.jpg

Malin Akerman
6_Malin-Akerman.jpg

Yvonne Strahovski
yvonne-strahovski-1.jpg

Carla Gugino
5a8d24886ebf9e416f3d3e8b7261e040--elektra-luxx-carla-gugino.jpg

Black Cat

Chloe Moretz-Grace
chloë-grace-moretz-1.jpg

Nicola Peltz
MV5BMzU4MjUzNjQ4NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMjA0Mjk0MTE@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,666,1000_AL_.jpg

Maggie Grace
Maggie-Grace:-Wind-River-Premiere-in-LA--01-662x997.jpg

Elisha Cuthbert
4109184721_fbe2b3acac.jpg

Why did post nine different pictures of the same actress? She can't play both characters. :o

So it's a thing.

Filming's supposed to start in March for this, right?

That or March 5th comes around and Sony is gonna announce its getting "pushed back".

We’ve recently heard from a source with knowledge of the production that Silver and Black has been delayed indefinitely with no new start date set for the film.

And that's how it always starts, doesn't it? The insider 'source' with knowledge of the production. My best guess? The janitor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"