Sony Spin-Off Black Cat/Silver Sable spinoff film

Haven't we established that 3 Spider-Man films does not mean 3 MCU Spider-Man films?

Once again, I am sure that is Marvel's intention, but that does not mean it is Sony's

Tom Holland said Spider-Man 2, and Spider-Man 3. No we haven't established it because Holland's own mouth indicated differently.

Holland is under contract to do 6 films as Spiderman. 3 for Disney under the MCU banner & 3 for Sony. The shared agreement only make arrangement for Marvel to assist Sony on 2 of Sony's solo Spidey films.

Sony want a trilogy...however Disney/Marvel only wanted to go up to the end of Phase 3...which would only allow for 2 solo Sony films.

Holland is just saying he has two more films with Sony after this one...not necessarily to more with Sony/Marvel.

Haven't we established that 3 Spider-Man films does not mean 3 MCU Spider-Man films?

Once again, I am sure that is Marvel's intention, but that does not mean it is Sony's

If the contract doesn't mandate that the 3 Spider-man films have to be part of the MCU and under Marvel creative control? Then some lawyers at Disney need to get fired and sued for malpractice.

Tom Holland said Spider-Man 2, and Spider-Man 3. No we haven't established it because Holland's own mouth indicated differently.

Holland said there is a plan for a 3rd, but the contract as it exists to our knowledge with Sony and Marvel ends after Homecoming 2. Holland's contract extends passed that year, but the Sony and Marvel one does now. As stated before, for more to happen after Homecoming 2 with the MCU, Marvel has to renegotiate. That is straight from Feige and why he only mentions focusing on the movies through Homecoming 2 at this point, because legally that is all Marvel is guaranteed to get.

If the contract doesn't mandate that the 3 Spider-man films have to be part of the MCU and under Marvel creative control? Then some lawyers at Disney need to get fired and sued for malpractice.

Spider-Man is owned by Sony therefore Holland is actually employed by Sony cause they are the ones paying Holland for the Homecoming films. That said, maybe there is a stipulation stating that Sony and Marvel must mutually agree on his appearances, but to this point, no such clause is known

Last edited:
Spider-Man is owned by Sony therefore Holland is actually employed by Sony cause they are the ones paying Holland for the Homecoming films. That said, maybe there is a stipulation stating that Sony and Marvel must mutually agree on his appearances, but to this point, no such clause is known

Though Sony currently controls the cinematic rights, Disney/Marvel owns the Spider-Man IP. And while Mr. Holland's contract hasn't been disclosed, I doubt that his contract would be with financier/distributor and not the production company hired by Sony to relaunch the franchise. If Holland appears in the Venomverse stripped of his established MCU ties we'll know the answer.

Also, the issue is not "is such a contract legally possible?" The issue is "Why would Marvel agree to a contract that basically gave Sony no actual obligations?" I don't believe for a second that the deal gives such extraordinary benefits to Sony, without at the least mandating that the relevant set of Spider-man movies actually do need to be collaborations.

Though Sony currently controls the cinematic rights, Disney/Marvel owns the Spider-Man IP. And while Mr. Holland's contract hasn't been disclosed, I doubt that his contract would be with financier/distributor and not the production company hired by Sony to relaunch the franchise. If Holland appears in the Venomverse stripped of his established MCU ties we'll know the answer.

Only time is going to tell, but that currently is the million dollar question: does Sony need any agreement from Marvel to use Tom Holland? Since Spider-Man is being loaned to Marvel and Sony is fronting the bill for the Homecoming films, my bet is if they negotiate cameo contracts, Marvel cannot do much, but who knows...maybe if Sony does, Marvel will grant permission in order to extend the deal passed Homecoming 2. There is a lot of moving parts to this story.

The issue is "Why would Marvel agree to a contract that basically gave Sony no actual obligations?" I don't believe for a second that the deal gives such extraordinary benefits to Sony, without at the least mandating that the relevant set of Spider-man movies actually do need to be collaborations.
Because the multimedia brand fulfills its bottom line no matter what, even factoring in Sony gave up their share of merchandising for this deal.

Know what would make Holland a true superhero? Refusing to do a 3rd solo film if they rip it from the MCU. :o

I wish Sony would just focus on making the best Spider-Man movies they can with Marvel and stop trying to dilute the brand with all these spinoffs no one asked for.

Holland said there is a plan for a 3rd, but the contract as it exists to our knowledge with Sony and Marvel ends after Homecoming 2. Holland's contract extends passed that year, but the Sony and Marvel one does now. As stated before, for more to happen after Homecoming 2 with the MCU, Marvel has to renegotiate. That is straight from Feige and why he only mentions focusing on the movies through Homecoming 2 at this point, because legally that is all Marvel is guaranteed to get.
Maybe the deal has been altered and we should pray it is not altered further.

Looks like that leaked plot outline was real. My casting suggestions remain the same.

Namely, Stephen Dillane for Norman Osborn, Denzel Washington for Tombstone, Kate McKinnon for Black Cat and Sibel Kekilli for Silver Sable.

They're really gonna do this ****, aren't they? :funny:

Can anyone link me to the leaked plot outline?

You know who would be a great villain for this? Mr Negative

They're really gonna do this ****, aren't they? :funny:

Can anyone link me to the leaked plot outline?

Silver & Black

Here are some details about the story: Seven years after Mendel Stromm (a.k.a. Robot Master) and his two henchmen (The Scorpion and The Tarantula) killed her father, Silver Sable is hired by the government to find Felicia Hardy. The Black Cat, a master hacker and thief, has apparently stolen valuable secret information. She’s hiding in the lawless and dangerous triple frontier area between Paraguay, Argentina and Brazil.

Once there, Sable ask her old contact Dmitri Smerdyakov (a.k.a. The Chameleon) to locate her. But it seems, the government are not the only ones looking for the Black Cat. It seems Felicia had made a deal Stromm to save her father from a Russian prison and she’s been genetically enhanced. Now, the mad scientist wants his prized experiment back because his financier (cough Norman Osborn cough) wants a return on his investment.

There’s no appearance or mention of Peter Parker or Spider-Man. Also in the story: Dominic Fortune, Jessica Drew (Spider-Woman), Roxxon Oil, Sergei Kravinoff (Kraven the Hunter), Lonnie Lincoln (Tombstone) and Charles Standish

Silver & Black

Here are some details about the story: Seven years after Mendel Stromm (a.k.a. Robot Master) and his two henchmen (The Scorpion and The Tarantula) killed her father, Silver Sable is hired by the government to find Felicia Hardy. The Black Cat, a master hacker and thief, has apparently stolen valuable secret information. She’s hiding in the lawless and dangerous triple frontier area between Paraguay, Argentina and Brazil.

Once there, Sable ask her old contact Dmitri Smerdyakov (a.k.a. The Chameleon) to locate her. But it seems, the government are not the only ones looking for the Black Cat. It seems Felicia had made a deal Stromm to save her father from a Russian prison and she’s been genetically enhanced. Now, the mad scientist wants his prized experiment back because his financier (cough Norman Osborn cough) wants a return on his investment.

There’s no appearance or mention of Peter Parker or Spider-Man. Also in the story: Dominic Fortune, Jessica Drew (Spider-Woman), Roxxon Oil, Sergei Kravinoff (Kraven the Hunter), Lonnie Lincoln (Tombstone) and Charles Standish

Thanks for the info. Sounds every bit as terrible as I feared, with Sony just throwing various Spider-man characters into the blender just to see what comes out.

Not really a leaked plot outline: this has been out there since May, and even then, it's still a rumor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"