World Black Cat Thread

One of my favorite covers:

spiderman_spec_076.jpg

Can't see the cover.

One of my favorite covers:

Peter_Parker,_The_Spectacular_Spider-Man_Vol_1_76.jpg

Isn't that the issue where Doc Ock broke her back to weaken Spider-Man, but it just made him mad and he almost killed Ock?

Or maybe I'm thinking of something else, but I could've sworn it's this issue.

Ock's arms had been ripped off in the previous episode, and they attack Black Cat. She is pinned to the wall while the Owl's henchmen shoot and stab her. She came very close to death. The scene at the end where Ock has him arms re-attached is great!

I have a feeling Dark Knight Rises will kill any chance of that; not that I would want her in the rebooted universe anyway.

Possibly. Maybe, at some point, someone who is a big fan of Black Cat will become the director for the Spider-Man franchise and I think she might appear then.

Possibly. Maybe, at some point, someone who is a big fan of Black Cat will become the director for the Spider-Man franchise and I think she might appear then.

I think we'll see another black president before that happens. The common perception is that she's a second-rate Catwoman & it's a hard one to negate.

I think we'll see another black president before that happens. The common perception is that she's a second-rate Catwoman & it's a hard one to negate.

True, but she could be a distinct character from Catwoman, if written that way.

I still remember her first appearance in SSM. When she tells Spidey," Hey,don't get you goo in my hair!" lol Hidden meaning for the adults in the crowd,kiddies. :cwink:

Hm, I'll have to ask someone to do a Catwoman vs Black Cat sketch when I'm at Chicago CC. :woot:

i read a debate on here a long time ago about black cat and catwoman, and one of the things that came up was that blackcat has kept the same persona all these years whereas catwoman has actually changed to be more like blackcat but because catwoman came first blackcat is seen as the ripoff even though originally the only similarity was the cat burgler motif

True as that may be, good luck selling that argument to the uninitiated.

Nice pictures, Chris.

Spidey looks great in the second pic, but Felicia's eyes look too far apart.
darwyn_cooke_black_cat_2400px1.jpg

brasespiderman1.jpg

I disagree about her lacking depth. I view Black Cat as an adrenaline-rush addicted thrillseeker, which is what attracts to her Spider-Man and the dangers of crimefighting. At least, that's how I would write her.

That still seems pretty shallow to me, but we will have to agree to disagree.
Spider-Man_Black_Cat_Vol_1_4_page_00_Felicia_Hardy_Earth-6161.png

221646510168819931.jpg

I didn't think I really conveyed that too well.

So...Selina vs Felicia in an ass kicking contest. Who wins? (No, BC doesnt have her bad luck powers.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"