Black Panther 2: General Discussions & Speculations Thread

Discussion in 'Black Panther Sequels' started by Blitzkrieg, Oct 11, 2018.

1. terry78 He will eat YOU... if you are wrong

It is, but at this point nothing is going on but rumor and conjecture.

2. Tg11 Registered

Hearing rumors Chadwick might not return to the MCU especially as Black Panther in BP2 because of a pay dispute from what I am reading online but I don't know what is going on with that. However, seeing Chadwick's dramatic weight loss...I have to really wonder what is going on

3. Melpardus Registered

I've heard variations of that floating around for the last six months or so. He has gotten skinner since his Black Panther appearance but I'm going to at least for now assume that it's just due to him not needing to be in superhero frame mode since he finished filming TChalla-related stuff in 2017-18. He'd already slimmed down considerably by the time Black Panther came out and he appeared on SNL, and he's still got about a year (if not more now due to the pandemic) to get bulked up again.

Tg11 likes this.
  4. Tg11 Registered

Chadwick Boseman being bulked up again I can see it but then again the weight loss could be for a film role

5. Shinobi Shaw Hellfire Club's Black King

Black Panther or no Black Panther, I just wish Chadwick Boseman all the best because he really looks like he’s going through it. He has come too far and made too much history to start looking like Flavor Flav.

Another thing that caught my eye in one of those articles is Marvel’s alleged plan to make Namor and the people of Atlantis black. It’s probably fake news but I can’t say that I wouldn’t be intrigued by that twist.

Tg11 likes this.
  6. Zarex Registered

I'd go multicultural with the Atlanteans, in a similar fashion to how Marvel Studios portrayed the Asgardians. But I always thought Namor should be played by an Asian actor.

Shinobi Shaw likes this.
  7. Tg11 Registered

The people of Atlantis should be white or Asian or even Polynesian

8. Albright Registered

I doubt, that they replace him like Terence Howard, because if salary issues.
    He‘s the face of the highest grossing franchise besides Avengers. They will work this out

Babillygunn and Tg11 like this.
  9. Tg11 Registered

I sure as the hell hope so

Babillygunn likes this.
  10. Melpardus Registered

So this morning on some local black radio station they were reporting about the rumors as if it was actual news, specifically saying that Boseman got fired. My own online searches don't pull up any such news except for in the really unreliable tabloid sites (and surely it would've been posted here by now if it were real) so I'm not putting stock in it. If Disney got James Gunn back and Spider-Man is still in play even with the weird stuff Sony is trying to do on the side, I'm sure they'll work something out with Boseman if there actually is an issue.

#160 Melpardus, Apr 21, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2020
  11. Albright Registered

When thy announced, that BP still has a planned release, they still call it Black Panther 2.
    The full title hasn’t yet been announced - maybe because it‘ll be a major information about the story.
    It could be something like „Doomwar“ or „War against Atlantis“
    I hope they‘ll announce it on the SDCC event, because, what other event could they announce the title for this (and Captain Marvel 2)

12. DarkKnight88 Registered

I hope it stays just Black Panther II. Bring back the Roman numerals damn it!

psylockolussus and Shinobi Shaw like this.
  13. Shinobi Shaw Hellfire Club's Black King

The placeholder logo is so damn pretty to look at too.
    [​IMG]

Iceman and DarkKnight88 like this.
  14. Melpardus Registered

Literally the only thing we know about the movie at this point is that it's gonna be a subtitled sequel; "Black Panther II" is just a placeholder.

That logo is amazing though. :hubba
    If they did go with numbers as a sequel, I'd actually want to see it in the "Wakandan" writing script they developed.

Iceman likes this.
  15. psylockolussus Spice Mutant

What is 2 in Wakanda Forever?

16. Melpardus Registered

Unless it's in one of those exclusive behind-the-scenes books, I can't seem to find anything that indicates that they actually developed a numeral system for the movie, so unfortunately can't answer that question.

Edit: Never mind; at least based on this interactive translator (not Marvel official) there is a number system. 2 looks like a V. Everything's just a transliteration to English letters or Arabic numerals though.

#166 Melpardus, Jun 8, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2020
  17. DarkKnight88 Registered

We know this for sure?

18. Albright Registered

There never wasn’t a number in the sequel since Iron Man 3 (and Guardians Vol.2 - but for other reasons).
    Movie franchises abandoned the idea for giving numbers to sequels, so I expect BP2 won‘t be an exception

19. DarkKnight88 Registered

Not entirely (Creed, John Wick, Frozen, Toy Story, Deadpool). And you just named two from Marvel (2013, 2017).

I think if Coogler wants a II, this will get a II (which also falls in line with his love of the Rocky franchise).

psylockolussus likes this.
  20. Melpardus Registered

I remember (though I can't find any evidence for it now; might've been a since-deleted Twitter post) Coogler was being quoted at SDCC as saying that this not officially being called "II". Like they said, most Marvel sequels are subtitled anyway, so I don't see why this wouldn't follow that mould.

Also, update to the few [not-so-obvious] things we know about the sequel: Beyoncé is gonna be producing the soundtrack (along with a bunch of other Disney projects if negotiations complete as desired.) I have no issues here; I actually really liked what she did for The Lion King last year (much more so than I liked the Black Panther soundtrack) so I'm looking forward to hearing what she does with this. Beyoncé in talks to sign £80million mega deal with Disney for three new projects

Iceman likes this.
  21. ileg01 Registered

Could it be possible that Beyoncé will starring in Black Panther II? Perhaps as Storm?

22. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Beyoncé is very talented so that’s great. I’m sure she’ll at least get involved in some Storm cosplay to support the film. She looked pretty good when she tried in the past.

23. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

I do like Roman numerals. :cwink:

psylockolussus likes this.
  24. psylockolussus Spice Mutant

Not interested in Beyonce at all.

25. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Not even for music?