Black Panther: Wakanda Forever General Discussion and Speculation Thread

Awful, awful news in a year filled with say too much already. But I'm glad we got a special scene with T'Challa in his last MCU movie, being part of the first group out of the portal.

Going forward, I don't know what Feige and his team will do. I would be opposed to a recast, but it is an important series that should continue. Does Coogler drop out? If no recast, how do they explain T'Challa's passing? Does Shuri take over as the Black Panther? Lots of possibilities and none of them good.
I think they already had a few ideas since they likely knew. Remember the whole female Panther talk going on so Okoye probably takes role. BP was a movie they could have tried to rush to have a 2nd movie made after the huge success but they didn't possibly due to knowing he was ill. I hope Marvel does something big for him as he is a legend. Just crazy to hear he is gone now.

Just heard the news. This year can suck a big one.

He got to do T'Challa in 4 movies, and it sounds like he got diagnosed before Civil War even came out.

I'm going to give it a few days before even thinking about what they're gonna do with the character going forward.

#WakandaForever

This year just continues to suck and yet it just amazes me that he was able to go this strong for 4 years straight without hardly anyone noticing until those recent photos started coming out. Props to him for being able to keep it under wraps for this long, but the world just won't be the same without him. He was such an amazing talent and I'm glad I was able to see such a gifted actor become so iconic in the span of just four years.

R.I.P. Chadwick Boseman

Awful, awful news in a year filled with way too much already. But I'm glad we got a special scene with T'Challa in his last MCU movie, being part of the first group out of the portal.

Going forward, I don't know what Feige and his team will do. I would be opposed to a recast, but it is an important series that should continue. Does Coogler drop out? If no recast, how do they explain T'Challa's passing? Does Shuri take over as the Black Panther? Lots of possibilities and none of them good.
I hate to even think about this at this time, but John David Washington (Denzel’s son) would be a good start for a recast. Again, RIP Chadwick..so sad.

I think they already had a few ideas since they likely knew. Remember the whole female Panther talk going on so Okoye probably takes role. BP was a movie they could have tried to rush to have a 2nd movie made after the huge success but they didn't possibly due to knowing he was ill. I hope Marvel does something big for him as he is a legend. Just crazy to hear he is gone now.

My first thought was Leticia Wright because Shuri took the role in the comics. But I agree that Danai Gurira's Okoye is a better fit for the suit.

R.I.P.! I just rewatched Black Panther like a day or two ago and was thinking how much I enjoy him in the role and as an actor in general

I hate to even think about this at this time, but John David Washington (Denzel’s son) would be a good start for a recast. Again, RIP Chadwick..so sad.

He's another good choice, but my preference would be that he portray someone other than T'Challa even if he takes the title.

This whole situation feels similar to when Andy Whitfield of Starz Spartacus passed away from cancer after his 1st season. They would eventually have to find a recast(liam Mcintyre), the show remained great. The show also never forgot that Andy was the 1st and would continue to acknowledge him in interviews and when the series ended had a great tribute to him. I feel Marvel will continue to acknowledge Chad and have a great send off for him probably have something at the start of Black Widow and especially in BP2.

I'm so saddened by the passing of Chadwick Boseman. This was such a great actor who had so much potential to entertain audiences with amazing performances for decades to come.

It's so disappointing that we'll never get a proper Black Panther sequel. Maybe they can focus on the women of Wakanda: Shuri, Nakia, Okoye. I know there was a lot of support for these characters appearing in films where they would play a more central role.

Have to think they at least do the Stan Lee like opening when he passed before Captain Marvel to Chadwick before Black Widow since BP 2 is going to be a bit far away.

When they are ready they have to do BP2 and make it a great tribute to him.

I'm so saddened by the passing of Chadwick Boseman. This was such a great actor who had so much potential to entertain audiences with amazing performances for decades to come.

It's so disappointing that we'll never get a proper Black Panther sequel. Maybe they can focus on the women of Wakanda: Shuri, Nakia, Okoye. I know there was a lot of support for these characters appearing in films where they would play a more central role.
Yes, and I’m pretty sure Chadwick would have wanted that.

I haven’t been posting lately, but I came here almost immediately after the news. Such a tragic thing to happen to such a young person.

I was so stunned that the implications for the franchise didn’t even register at first, but I’m sure Marvel will figure it out.

He was a gift to the fandom.

He put in the work to do a great job to deliver the realization of a dream in live action.

I remember that it hit me hard when Chris Reeve was paralyzed. And then he passed in 2004. But I was a teen at the time of his accident and grown when he died.

I feel a surge of sorrow for the kids world wide who could see themselves in Black Panther or for whom Black Panther was their first "super hero love" who will wake up to this news.

Tragic news. And as for BP2, I can't believe Marvel didn't know. I'm sure they've been throwing a variety of ideas around for a while.

RIP Chadwick Boseman. It won't be easy to recast. It's only the 2nd Marvel movie where they had to recast the lead, but with Hulk it was a very different scenario and he was never the lead in a follow up film. The first film was extremely successful so it will be a real challenge with a new actor.

Has there been any other successful first film in a franchise where the lead has died and they had to recast?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"