• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Black Suit/sandman/uncle Ben Idea

neobido9999

Sidekick
Reaction score
There's been speculation that it may be revealed in the film that Sanadman actually killed Uncle Ben, thus creating a stronger antagonism between Spiey and Marko. Many have said this would cheapen the moment form the first film.

A REALLY great idea (i think) would be if Spdierman, becoming slightly nuts from the black suit, had a flash back to the "thanks, kid" moment from the first film, but imagined it with Marko, instead of the other guy, perhaps as some kind of dream sequence. (similar to the effect in 12 monkeys where Burce Willis imagines Brad Pitt being t the airport)

This would tie into the black suit - appraently it makes him more powerful but if it also gives him the WILL to defeat sandman, by playing with his mind - that could be powerful without cheapening the first film

what the hell?

Now that I think of it, that's not so bad. That actually would be cool.

I don't really like the idea that Sandman is responsible for Uncle Ben's death but if they did do that I could see what you said happening

neobido9999 said:
There's been speculation that it may be revealed in the film that Sanadman actually killed Uncle Ben, thus creating a stronger antagonism between Spiey and Marko. Many have said this would cheapen the moment form the first film.

A REALLY great idea (i think) would be if Spdierman, becoming slightly nuts from the black suit, had a flash back to the "thanks, kid" moment from the first film, but imagined it with Marko, instead of the other guy, perhaps as some kind of dream sequence. (similar to the effect in 12 monkeys where Burce Willis imagines Brad Pitt being t the airport)

This would tie into the black suit - appraently it makes him more powerful but if it also gives him the WILL to defeat sandman, by playing with his mind - that could be powerful without cheapening the first film
kind of like what happened in USM

neobido9999 said:

That would completely undermine the reason Peter became Spider-Man. He did it because he felt responsible for letting the guy go at the wrestling match and he kills Ben. This happens in the comics too. It is the entire thrust of Spider-Man's origin and life.

That is the absolute dumbest thing ever posted in this forum.....Ever. That's saying something.

seriously, calm down man. :D:D

secretly you like it, its all about his foundations and values being shaken and stuff

I like that concept. It plays with his mind as well as his strength. Good job!

Um, no. This reminds me of the Batman movies where a couple people were blamed for the Wayne's deaths.

Making Sandman the killer of Ben Parker would elevate him to the higher ranks of Supervillains on Spider-Man's list, which just shouldn't be.

Not that he's not dangerous, but Sandman just never felt like someone that should be up in those ranks with Greenie Meanie (just watched SM1 yesterday), Doc Ock, or Venom.

Where have I been when all this speculation was going around? This is the first I have heard anything about this.

It's an interesting concept, but IMO would definitely cheapen the previous movies (almost a Quesada move..shudder). I don't think there is a need to have him kill Ben. I am sure this movie will be personal, so I am sure there will be enough reasons for SM to go after Sandman.

If fanboys don't wanna see it...then I hope this idea makes it into Spidey 3, just so I can see some more pissed off geeks...it'll do my heart good. Especially, when they damn something, then show up in theaters in record numbers<>I'm looking at you X-MEN 3.:)

Pete will have a dream where he talks to Uncle Ben in the car.. very much like the scene from SM1

ben:"Peter... how do you feel"

pete: " *mad*I feel fine... everyone's been on my case lately"

Ben:"Remember the fight we had... about you being different.. you said you could deal with it, just know that you're not alone"

Pete:" *pauses*..Uncle Ben.. *struggles for a second as he finds it harder to breathe for some reason* I don't know.. what's happening"

Ben: " *echoed voice* you're not alone Peter"

you see the lighting change to dark as a black substance engulfs uncle ben and then begins to engulf Pete... he panics and tries to fight it off. He drowns in the black substance. It then cuts to him waking up in a sweat.

haha.. I have no proof behind this.. I'm just throwing it out there as a cool idea

Apparently you don't remember that we already saw what the guy looked like in the first film,and he fell to his apparent death.

yep.. he was pretty dead there

like.. really dead

this guy has it wrong, what they are talking about is that Flint Marko was a partner with the guy who killed uncle Ben, they are going to show a flash back to that night when uncle Ben died, it;s going to show that Flint was the wheel man, and that he drove away when the guy came running down with the cash, because he had cops chasing after him, that caused the guy to try and car jack uncle ben

JokerNick said:
this guy has it wrong, what they are talking about is that Flint Marko was a partner with the guy who killed uncle Ben, they are going to show a flash back to that night when uncle Ben died, it;s going to show that Flint was the wheel man, and that he drove away when the guy came running down with the cash, because he had cops chasing after him, that caused the guy to try and car jack uncle ben

YES! OMG I was so thinking that he was the driver too!

JokerNick said:

i'd watch that

JokerNick said:

Now that makes sense. I actually like that idea.

Ahhh Joker.

NOW i get ya!

Yeah, that actually sounds pretty cool.

I am corrected.

:spidey:

neobido9999 said:

i kind of like this idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"