Have to admit I was wrong about Sandman....

Wesyeed said:
Just use a vacuum cleaner, spidey

LOL, that was in Sandman's first appearance, he was vastly underpowered in that comic, before they established what he was capable of. In reality, I think Sandman has a little more control over his structure than to let himself be sucked up by a vacuum. Also, he could easily bust out of the vacuum cleaner if he did let himself be sucked up by it. Trying to trap him in a vacuum cleaner is like trying to trap Spidey by throwing a paper bag over him.

Sandman looked really great in that preview. Its going to be very interesting to see how Spidey handles him. This will be a big threat to Spidey. 3 looks like its shaping up to be great.

XSpidercideX said:
LOL, that was in Sandman's first appearance, he was vastly underpowered in that comic, before they established what he was capable of. In reality, I think Sandman has a little more control over his structure than to let himself be sucked up by a vacuum. Also, he could easily bust out of the vacuum cleaner if he did let himself be sucked up by it. Trying to trap him in a vacuum cleaner is like trying to trap Spidey by throwing a paper bag over him.

LOL. True, true.

XSpidercideX said:
True, not to mention, based on the trailer, Spidey would need a vacuum cleaner the size of a 747.:D

Ha ha ha. Though corny, it would be funny as hell to see Spidey try to get him with a vacuum. :D

DOG LIPS said:
Ha ha ha. Though corny, it would be funny as hell to see Spidey try to get him with a vacuum. :D

Oh man, that would be great...imagine in the first appearance, Sandman throws Spidey into an apartment building, Spidey doesnt know what to do because he's tried to web Sandy and hit him but nothing works. Sandman busts throught the window and forms in front of Spidey. You see Spidey cornered looking frantically around, and he grabs a household vaccum cleaner, flicks in on, and holds it up, waving it around in the air at Sandman. Sandman just stands their with a WTF look on his face. LOL, that would be hilarious!!!

XSpidercideX said:
Oh man, that would be great...imagine in the first appearance, Sandman throws Spidey into an apartment building, Spidey doesnt know what to do because he's tried to web Sandy and hit him but nothing works. Sandman busts throught the window and forms in front of Spidey. You see Spidey cornered looking frantically around, and he grabs a household vaccum cleaner, flicks in on, and holds it up, waving it around in the air at Sandman. Sandman just stands their with a WTF look on his face. LOL, that would be hilarious!!!

I hope they use that gag in the movie. Even though looks like it will be a pretty serious movie, it would be seriously funny!

I have a question about Sandman. Can anybody tell me why Sandman was never in the 90's Spiderman cartoon? I've never read the comics but I loved watching the show when I was a kid so when Sandman was announced I was like "Who's that?". Anyway, he seems like a good character from what I've read of him and I've been scratching my head trying to figure out why he was never in the cartoon.

There have been several post-ers who know sandman is going to be a kick ass Villian but our voices were silenced (spelling sucks) cus of Officials closeing down sandman threads to make room for venom and whats in spideys eye threads. and 2 the black spidey suit alot of this stuff has distracted people from noticeing that sandman is going to be kick ass.....
(thunderous applause and cheer)

Eat Snacky Smores

YodatheHobbit said:
I have a question about Sandman. Can anybody tell me why Sandman was never in the 90's Spiderman cartoon? I've never read the comics but I loved watching the show when I was a kid so when Sandman was announced I was like "Who's that?". Anyway, he seems like a good character from what I've read of him and I've been scratching my head trying to figure out why he was never in the cartoon.
At the time, James Cameron was about to make a Spidey movie with Electro and Sandman as the villains. Marvel didn't want the character to collide with the movie (most likely because of film rights), so they decided not to use him, they used Hydroman instead for the cartoon. They originally wanted to use Sandman.

Visionary said:
True, not to mention, based on the trailer, Spidey would need a vacuum cleaner the size of a 747.:D

imagine if you had a measily table spoon of sand and you blew on it as hard as you could. imagine the size of the sand cloud you would create. how many times larger the cloud is compared to the tablespoon.

i wasnt very familiar with the comics (watched the cartoon all the time), but the hype behind 3 has had me research it on wikipedia and other online encyclopedias.
sandman sounds like a bad@ss villain, one of the tougher spidey villains.

i always knew they would pull through. 3 will be amazing.

YodatheHobbit said:

Right, like the guy said before, they were using Sandman and Electro for the Spider-man movie. Neither of those villains were used for the cartoon. They are MAJOR Spidey villains though. I was reading the comics at the same time i watched the show back then and i always wondered why they never used them. Both were introduced in the first ten issues of Spidey. Very powerful villains. Its a shame the cartoon never had them.

I have a comic with sandman where he takes on Spidey and the Human Torch and makes fools of them. They cant do anything to him and he almost kills both of them.

Electro was in the cartoon, albeit he was only in one episode and he wasn't Max Dillon.

^^^ Yeah --- Electro did appear for one five or so part storyarc in one of the later seasons. But it wasn't really worth it.... other than his powers and costume, the character in the cartoon had absolutely nothing to do with the comic book version.

I still don't get what the hell they could've been smoking, I mean seriously; Electro being the Red Skull's power-crazed son? :D

XSpidercideX said:

That's the funniest version of a vaccum scene for Sandman I've heard yet!:up: :up: LOL! Not even having Sandman getting sucked up, but just standing there as Spidey's waving a vaccum in the air would be hysterical!

Dr.Dude said:
^^^ Yeah --- Electro did appear for one five or so part storyarc in one of the later seasons. But it wasn't really worth it.... other than his powers and costume, the character in the cartoon had absolutely nothing to do with the comic book version.

I still don't get what the hell they could've been smoking, I mean seriously; Electro being the Red Skull's power-crazed son? :D

Ah yeah, that was that secret war episode stuff. Never got to see those. :(

Spidey-Sean said:
That's the funniest version of a vaccum scene for Sandman I've heard yet!:up: :up: LOL! Not even having Sandman getting sucked up, but just standing there as Spidey's waving a vaccum in the air would be hysterical!
Yeah i should totally be making these movies.:D

Visionary said:
At the time, James Cameron was about to make a Spidey movie with Electro and Sandman as the villains. Marvel didn't want the character to collide with the movie (most likely because of film rights), so they decided not to use him, they used Hydroman instead for the cartoon. They originally wanted to use Sandman.
Hmmmm. Thanks, that's very interesting. I wasn't actually counting on their being a reason for no sandman in the cartoons, much less somebody here knowing what the reason was. I figured the producers just didn't have time for him.

Electro and Sandman. Man that sure would have been a different Spidey 1.

Tony Stark said:
When I first heard about Sandman being in this movie, I had two thoughts jump into my head. The first was 'weak villian', the second was 'James Cameron Scriptment'.

OK, I was totally wrong, I admit it, and I'm here to eat my crow, so pass the salt.

Seeing the preview made me realize that Sandman could actually be one of the coolest Spidey villians on screen. He's never brought up as a fan favorite, he's behind Green Goblin, Doc Ock, Venom, Lizzard, Mysterio and Electro. I've always thought of him as on par with Vulture. He just never seemed interesting to me in the comics.

But seeing Rami's vision for him made me realize two things. First, this is by far the most powerful villian Spidey has ever fought. Think about it, this guy would give Hulk, Juggernaut, the Thing, all of them a run for their money. Secondly, unlike the previous two baddies in the spidey films, Flint Marko has no redeeming qualities. This guy is a street thug with massive amounts of power. Norman Osbourne was a good guy with too much ambition and his own invention drove him crazy. Octavius was a decent man, with a huge ego, and didn't realize the consequences even though Peter brought it up right before his unfortunate and tragic accident.

Add to this the fact that Thomas Hayden Church, so much looks the part of Marko. He's a terrific actor, and he can just be a tough a$$ SOB.

I thought I'd be more excited over Venom being in this film, and now I'm almost more excited about Spidey fighting Sandman!!!

I can see this all coming together. Spidey is going to lose to sandman in the red and blue suit, and when he gets the black, the added power helps him to defeat Sandman. The clip in the subway of Spidey kicking Sandy in the face, followed by him flooding the subway and flying away (anyone want to guess what happens when Sandman get's flooded with water).

Forgive me Sam, you are the master!!!!

I agree with you. When I first heard that Thomas Hayden Church was going to play Sandman I was surprised and a little disappointed. I thought that Sandman was a weak villain and did not live up to what Green Goblin and Doctor Octopus stood for throughout the past two films. But after seeing the insane excellent teaser trailer I have to admit I was definetely wrong. Sandman looks like he will be an incredible difficult villain for Spider-Man to defeat. It makes for the best fight sequences between Spider-Man and Sandman-possibly even the best! I cannot wait to see him on the big screen in all his glory! Although I still very curious concerning Venom's apperance...:venom:

On a side note I urge everyone on the hype boards to check out my Spider-Man 3 website. Trust me, it is very interesting.

I didnt really like the idea of Sandman at first but once i saw the FX of what there doing it looks rather amazing, kinda reminded me of the mummy but better. it looks great though

who knows, maybe sandman teams up with the mummy and they turn new york into a second egypt????

and Spiderman 4 will become

Spiderman 4: Raiders of the Lost Ark

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"