Have to admit I was wrong about Sandman....

Tony Stark

Armored Avenger!
Reaction score
When I first heard about Sandman being in this movie, I had two thoughts jump into my head. The first was 'weak villian', the second was 'James Cameron Scriptment'.

OK, I was totally wrong, I admit it, and I'm here to eat my crow, so pass the salt.

Seeing the preview made me realize that Sandman could actually be one of the coolest Spidey villians on screen. He's never brought up as a fan favorite, he's behind Green Goblin, Doc Ock, Venom, Lizzard, Mysterio and Electro. I've always thought of him as on par with Vulture. He just never seemed interesting to me in the comics.

But seeing Rami's vision for him made me realize two things. First, this is by far the most powerful villian Spidey has ever fought. Think about it, this guy would give Hulk, Juggernaut, the Thing, all of them a run for their money. Secondly, unlike the previous two baddies in the spidey films, Flint Marko has no redeeming qualities. This guy is a street thug with massive amounts of power. Norman Osbourne was a good guy with too much ambition and his own invention drove him crazy. Octavius was a decent man, with a huge ego, and didn't realize the consequences even though Peter brought it up right before his unfortunate and tragic accident.

Add to this the fact that Thomas Hayden Church, so much looks the part of Marko. He's a terrific actor, and he can just be a tough a$$ SOB.

I thought I'd be more excited over Venom being in this film, and now I'm almost more excited about Spidey fighting Sandman!!!

I can see this all coming together. Spidey is going to lose to sandman in the red and blue suit, and when he gets the black, the added power helps him to defeat Sandman. The clip in the subway of Spidey kicking Sandy in the face, followed by him flooding the subway and flying away (anyone want to guess what happens when Sandman get's flooded with water).

Forgive me Sam, you are the master!!!!

I so have to agree with you, once i read on gregs preview like months ago about Sandman i was like. oh thats nice but not was i thinking, but since i saw the trailor and the Fx it looks awesome!

sandman hobgoblin and venom were always my favorite villains, i got 2 out of 3 in this movie, im freaking hyped

You know what could have been cool though? if they waited for another movie to introduce sandman but add Hydro-Man also... Just think the Fx of Hydro-man i can picture it and the two villains cancel each other out which will bring there downfall at the end.

they have alot of villians to get to long before we see Hydro-Man... he might be the villian in Spider-Man 27

Yeah,Sandman is gonna cause a lot of trouble!He's too powerful:spidey:

Yeah, Sandman's gonna rule. Oh and awesome avatar Spidey-Jason.

Damn it Marvel152, we're going to need 600 posts to get awesome avatars!!! So is Venom going to take up the most screentime, or will it be Sandman(we all know it won't be GG2)? God I hope it's Venom.

Totaly agreed. I also had enough doubts, but teaser openied my eyes.

Sandman is very powerful and serious villian for Spidey. I quess, THC will be great at this role :up:

I like Sandman.
I only had doubts about him, because he wasn't used in Spider-Man: TAS while I was going up, so I didnt know who he was until 3 years ago.

sandman02.jpg

225px-Imm-sandman.jpg

Intelligence: Normal

Strength: Superhuman Class 90 ...90 tons!

Speed: Normal

Stamina: Enhanced human

Durability: Metahuman regenerative

Agility: Athlete

Reflexes: Peak human

Fighting Skills: Basic streetfighting techniques

Special Skills and Abilities: Unrevealed

Superhuman physical powers: In addition to the superhuman attributes listed above, Sandman has the ability to transform into a malleable sand-like substance which can be hardened, dispersed, or shaped according to his will. He can increase his size and mass to an unknown extent when in sand-form by incorporating sand grains in his vicinity into his body.

Not only one of the strongest Spidey enemies, he can morph his body into weapons, and avoid most harm from phsyical attacks.

Just thought of something...Venom's and Carnage's strength combined isnt even as strong as Sandman.

Yup, Venom is only 25 tons and Carnage is 50 tons. Just double checked.

i agree with yomama84

HAVE FAITH, jeeeeez...

i think Sandman will get killed by Venom.

Agreed. I wasn't stoked about Sandman, but after watching the trailer, I think he might be the best fit for the big screen. His fight scenes on the big screen will make everyone look like this::eek:

plus in the first 2 i never really worried about tobey getting hurt ( well cept when goblin is beating the **** out of him) but in this one i could see tobey being in a lot of danger.

I've always dug Sandman. It's about time they amped up the sci-fi element.

I tried to warn you all, but no one wanted to listen. Now you're eating crow, good for you. :confused:...:p

For a movie that isn't even coming out for almost another year, the preview looked very good...Just imagine how good it'll look once they put in 9 months of SFX polishing... :eek:

-TNC

TNC9852002 said:
For a movie that isn't even coming out for almost another year, the preview looked very good...Just imagine how good it'll look once they put in 9 months of SFX polishing... :eek:

-TNC

I thought the exact same thing upon the 50th viewing or so.
I mean the sfx look just as complete as most films out around now ..... just imagine its look in just under a year!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"