Endgame Black Widow/Natasha Romanoff - Scarlett Johansson

The more I think about it, the more pissed off I am that Nat didn't get a funeral. Unless they bring her back, which would cheapen a funeral if they had it, then not having one is a real dick move to her character.

The more I think about it, the more pissed off I am that Nat didn't get a funeral. Unless they bring her back, which would cheapen a funeral if they had it, then not having one is a real dick move to her character.

I think unfortunately this is a casualty of this film being SO stuffed. Even overstuffed to a certain degree. Frankly we don't get a REAL sense of the state of the team, of what the organization of the Avengers is like post this cataclysmic event. And that's where you could have given her props for what she brought to the team. Like, I get why they ended it with Peggy and Steve, but... I think it should have ended with a new Avengers HQ somewhere, the first official meeting of the team and there are statues of Vision, Widow, Cap and Tony. Show that she was a great loss to the team despite not being the most powerful of super heroes. But alas...

As for this outing for Tasha... Well... I have odd feelings about the MCU Widow. First off... My 14 year old self was wildly infatuated with Black Widow. Maybe it's growing up during the Cold War. She was Russian, so there was this "forbidden fruit" aspect of the character that had it's appeal I suppose. And she's supposed to be the ultimate femme fatale type from espionage stories. Sort of a Bond girl type times ten. My issue from the start was... I'm kinda immune to Scar Jo's charms. I like her well enough but I'm not head over heels for her either as an actress or as just a pretty face. But she has grown on me in the role, and that started with Whedon's vague backstory in A1 and built and built until they gave her this great central role and heroes sacrifice here. I really wonder how they are gonna handle that solo film at this point? And I hold out hope that she can be brought back.

The hell ?

I was sure as damn that Clint was gonna die because I know a Black Widow movie is coming in 2020. Her death was totally unpredictable.

no funeral for her?? Seriously after all she did? Again another thing that did bother me. Passing the shield to Falcon who couldn’t beat Grumlow one on one and it should have totally gone to Bucky obviously, no funeral for BW and Thor getting pwned and made to look very weak

It would be cool if her solo film
is bookended with present day funeral sections or something, maybe with Clint.

it would be cool if it started with a funeral and the film is like a letter of her life

She was great in Endgame. Looking forward to hopefully getting more info about her solo film this summer

The women
starting that relay without Natasha being in the thick of it was a sad thing. I don't want a prequel movie, I want some improbably impossible times-wimey space magic to make this a present tense movie, even if it is in one of the alternate timeline universes.

I can see two ways they do...
Gamora and Widow are rescued out of the Soul World. Or this is a separate timeline. I hate the idea of a prequel for a dead character.

Scarlett was amazing in this. Her earlier scenes were great and surprisingly emotional.

Her death was by far the most unexpected event in this film for me. A lot of other stuff was stuff I knew could happen, or hoped would happen, but her sacrifice was so gut-wrenching. After all the growing she's done as a character and a hero, this was such a tragic, yet understandable moment for her.
The way they filmed it too, as a parallel to Gamora's death was haunting. I also thought it was well-done, because in IW, of course we didn't want Gamora to be sacrificed because we knew Thanos would get the stone if she was, and that's obviously a bad thing. With this, we didn't want her to die, but at the same time, we knew that good would only come out of it, if Clint gets the stone.
And the music playing when the O6 are mourning her on the dock is the same score that played after Coulson's death. :csad:

This would be utter perfection and now I will be incredibly sad if it doesn't happen.

The women
starting that relay without Natasha being in the thick of it was a sad thing. I don't want a prequel movie, I want some improbably impossible times-wimey space magic to make this a present tense movie, even if it is in one of the alternate timeline universes.

Especially when they
echoed Nat’s “she’s not alone” when she and Okoye came to Wanda’s rescue in IW. I totally lost it there. Nat would’ve been so proud and would’ve led them if she was there.

Scarlett was amazing in this. Her earlier scenes were great and surprisingly emotional.

Her death was by far the most unexpected event in this film for me. A lot of other stuff was stuff I knew could happen, or hoped would happen, but her sacrifice was so gut-wrenching. After all the growing she's done as a character and a hero, this was such a tragic, yet understandable moment for her.
The way they filmed it too, as a parallel to Gamora's death was haunting. I also thought it was well-done, because in IW, of course we didn't want Gamora to be sacrificed because we knew Thanos would get the stone if she was, and that's obviously a bad thing. With this, we didn't want her to die, but at the same time, we knew that good would only come out of it, if Clint gets the stone.
And the music playing when the O6 are mourning her on the dock is the same score that played after Coulson's death. :csad:
Yeah, I thought it would be a toss up between Cap and Stark, but wasn’t expecting Widow to go. Her face just before she fell really got me. :csad:

Everyone talking about the Soul Stone... Notice how that idea didn't get developed at all? The "People who die go in the soul stone?" jazz.

So... I don't think Tasha is in the Stone. And even if she were... She would be in an alternate timeline on an alien planet with zero back up. And now she's got to figure out if she wants to further medd with the timeline she's in given that she has knowledge of future events.

None of that is happening.

As for other opinions... Can anyone explain to me what exactly is the issue if there is a film that has a dead character coming out and it's a prequel? Anyone? Why is this a problem exactly? And please, if you didn't like SOLO or the SW Prequels, your opinion of their quality is really separate from their status as prequels that featured characters that were "dead" (Anakin and Han).

Everyone talking about the Soul Stone... Notice how that idea didn't get developed at all? The "People who die go in the soul stone?" jazz.

So... I don't think Tasha is in the Stone. And even if she were... She would be in an alternate timeline on an alien planet with zero back up. And now she's got to figure out if she wants to further medd with the timeline she's in given that she has knowledge of future events.

None of that is happening.

As for other opinions... Can anyone explain to me what exactly is the issue if there is a film that has a dead character coming out and it's a prequel? Anyone? Why is this a problem exactly? And please, if you didn't like SOLO or the SW Prequels, your opinion of their quality is really separate from their status as prequels that featured characters that were "dead" (Anakin and Han).

My theory doesn’t involve
her being in the Soul Stone. I think when Steve brought the Soul Stone back in time at the end of Endgame, that could easily be explained as reversing her death, undoing it. Or magic, since my theory has to do with the Eternals.

My theory doesn’t involve
her being in the Soul Stone. I think when Steve brought the Soul Stone back in time at the end of Endgame, that could easily be explained as reversing her death, undoing it. Or magic, since my theory has to do with the Eternals.
One problem... The Eternals aren't magic. The immortality of the Eternals is tied into their biology and the fact that there is a "machine" that under girds their abilities. As a for instance Eternals can actually have their entire molecular structure ripped apart but their mental energy can simply will their physical form back together.

Now we have zero idea about how the Eternals will operate in the MCU but... I don't think it will be via magic.

And while I wouldn't put a Druig connection off the table in terms of her solo, I don't think Tasha will turn out to be an individual with Eternal blood. (This is also an issue with comic lore... Eternal offspring are only fully Eternals when they breed with one another. Only one Eternal half-breed ever evinced any kind of non human attributes... Again assuming the MCU follows any kind of comic lore.)

Let's remember... There is already and Ivan connected to Tasha from her own lore. Ivan Petrovich. I could easily see Ivan referring to him rather than Druig... Unless they do some kind of hybridization which isn't unknown in the MCU, true.

The moment early on when she asks Rhodey to find Clint is one of the best-acted scenes in the film. You see the vulnerability and the weariness of her going on the world post-snap.

Last edited:
She really was phenomenal. This movie definitely got me more excited for the solo.

But guys...
I really don't think anyone should get their hopes up that she's coming back. There is no evidence to suggest that's something they feel the need to do. With so many new heroes already introduced and more still on the way, there's no reason for them to undercut the authenticity of her sacrifice in Endgame. She's gone, but we'll get to enjoy her in the part one last time next year. The solo film is basically an apology for not giving her what she deserved but Perlmutter blocked all those years ago.

She really was phenomenal. This movie definitely got me more excited for the solo.

But guys...
I really don't think anyone should get their hopes up that she's coming back. There is no evidence to suggest that's something they feel the need to do. With so many new heroes already introduced and more still on the way, there's no reason for them to undercut the authenticity of her sacrifice in Endgame. She's gone, but we'll get to enjoy her in the part one last time next year. The solo film is basically an apology for not giving her what she deserved but Perlmutter blocked all those years ago.

If anything...
I am now thinking that the Black Widow film is going to act as a three for as it were. It will be an origin for Natasha, an origin for Yelena Belova and act to help introduce some kind of new concept or the like for the next larger arc or arcs.

Yes... I'm going on record as thinking that Belova will be the New Black Widow. We'll see some adventure that introduced her and Tasha in the past and linked them. Then at some later date in a new film Belova will premiere as the new Black Widow.

Was nobody else shocked/annoyed that
neither Clint nor Nat seemed to recognise Red Skull? I mean, the guy must be pretty famous in the MCU as Cap's nemesis and the founder of HYDRA. Heck, Steve even directly mentions Skull to Nat in TWS. The fact that they thought that he was just some random red-faced dude was a bit perplexing IMO.

If anything...
I am now thinking that the Black Widow film is going to act as a three for as it were. It will be an origin for Natasha, an origin for Yelena Belova and act to help introduce some kind of new concept or the like for the next larger arc or arcs.

Yes... I'm going on record as thinking that Belova will be the New Black Widow. We'll see some adventure that introduced her and Tasha in the past and linked them. Then at some later date in a new film Belova will premiere as the new Black Widow.
Maybe Blunt finally gets her shot!

The title of 'America's Ass' should go to BW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"