Scream 4!!!!! - Part 4

Tarantino would not have been the right person for a movie like Scream at all -- at least not for a Scream movie that was meant to be what it is, which is essentially a self-aware parody of slasher movies with horror elements.

Wes Craven's direction was perfect for that script and that movie.

Any of you watch the series? I'm really really surprised at how good it is. Really enjoying the cast and the constant guessing games and curve balls they throw our way. Not at all what I expected from an MTV based series.

I'm not sure about the Fake Sidney part, but I know that Kevin Williamson's story/draft had Stu pulling the strings with teens in Woodsboro doing the killing, ending with Sidney visiting a house party where all the teens have been killed, only for them to rise and reveal themselves as the killers.

I only heard the Stu part but that sounds awesome. Never really liked Stu's resurrection though.

Any of you watch the series? I'm really really surprised at how good it is. Really enjoying the cast and the constant guessing games and curve balls they throw our way. Not at all what I expected from an MTV based series.

I have to watch out of dedication to SCREAM, but it's my 'laugh at show of the week'. Too many implausible things happen...

-they still go to school/work after many deaths
-no one talks about the killer after living
-injuries are not realistic, acting is bad
-plot lines are dumb like the girl who has been filmed... just makes out with a random dude in a grassy field
-Emma still answers killer's phone calls
-took 8 episodes to put protection on these kids

Not everything in the films was downright perfect/amazing... but injuries /deaths were usually on point and Syd was a smart badass, along with story points like closing the high school, putting the college into lockdown, giving Syd bodyguards (even bad ones), caller ID in the beginning of 2, and in the end of all but 3... you could retrace the killers plan/scenes for clues.

Every episode has tried to throw the motive to someone different that whenever we get the real killer(s), I can't fathom the above notion and it probably will feel very random ala Scream 3 and less like Scream 1/2/4.

Yeah, that's pretty much how I feel too.

They have done all that they can do with this franchise. Sidney is now officially out of relatives who can want her dead. Her crazy ass boyfriend's dead. His crazy ass mom is dead. Her crazy ass cousin is dead. Her Aunt and uncle are dead.

Who the f**k is left to try and kill her? Seriously, the Final Destination sequels make more sense than these Scream sequels.

If they really wanted to milk more sequels they could. I mean watching Scream 1-3 you'd have no idea Sidney had an Aunt and cousin living in Woodsboro. They could conjure up more unheard of relatives if they wanted.

Scream 4 is a really fun film, it's the best of the sequels IMO but it's no more than a 6-7/10.

If they really wanted to milk more sequels they could. I mean watching Scream 1-3 you'd have no idea Sidney had an Aunt and cousin living in Woodsboro. They could conjure up more unheard of relatives if they wanted.

There's a difference between milking a cash cow and beating a dead horse. They've been doing the latter since Part 3. It's about damn time they figured that out and put the f**king riding crop down.

Yes I agree. I'm just saying milking/beating a dead horse, what ever way you want to look at it, it's continuing on a franchise that should be over. My point was if they wanted to they could. Having no existing characters left to want to kill Sidney didn't stop them from conjuring up more for Scream 4.

Just because you could doesn't mean that you should.

Yeah but as you well know that's not the mentality of people in it to make money. Which is why the horror franchise is notorious for having strings of sequels. Something the Scream movies themselves poke fun at.

Yeah but as you well know that's not the mentality of people in it to make money. Which is why the horror franchise is notorious for having strings of sequels. Something the Scream movies themselves poke fun at.

Someone needs to send the producers of Scream 5 a copy of Jason Takes Manhattan with a note which reads "Is this really where you want to take this franchise? Because that's where you're headed."

Someone needs to send the producers of Scream 5 a copy of Jason Takes Manhattan with a note which reads "Is this really where you want to take this franchise? Because that's where you're headed."

When it comes to the over flux of sequels in horror movies, I always think of the line the opening victims of Scream 4 say when they're talking about the Stab movie franchise;

"The first three, the original trilogy is based off of Sidney Prescott. But then she threatened to sue them if they kept using her stories, so they just started making stuff up. Stab 5 has time travel which is by far the worst" :funny:

When it comes to the over flux of sequels in horror movies, I always think of the line the opening victims of Scream 4 say when they're talking about the Stab movie franchise;

"The first three, the original trilogy is based off of Sidney Prescott. But then she threatened to sue them if they kept using her stories, so they just started making stuff up. Stab 5 has time travel which is by far the worst" :funny:

True. The Scream movies have always been about pointing the finger at horror movies and poking fun at them. But at a certain point the joke just isn't funny anymore. Eventually you stop making "Happy Gilmore" and start making "Grown Ups". Scream has crossed that line some time ago. They really just need to stop.

True. The Scream movies have always been about pointing the finger at horror movies and poking fun at them. But at a certain point the joke just isn't funny anymore. Eventually you stop making "Happy Gilmore" and start making "Grown Ups". Scream has crossed that line some time ago. They really just need to stop.

So you didn't care for Scream 4 then?

Thundarr sounds so pissed at the Scream franchise. :funny:

I take it you haven't watched the MTV show?...

I haven't either. Is it any good? Is it even linked at all to the Scream movies story?

So you didn't care for Scream 4 then?

Nope. It did nothing for me, neither as a horror nor as a dark satirical comedy. I don't care for Scream 3 either, but I thought that it was at least better than Scream 4.

Thundarr sounds so pissed at the Scream franchise. :funny:

I take it you haven't watched the MTV show?...

Not pissed, just frustrated with studio execs who don't know when it's time to stop.

And no I haven't seen the MTV series. For one thing, I don't have cable. And for another, my interest in the franchise died with the poor execution of Part 3.

Scream 3 was garbage. Scream 4 (thanks to Williamson's pseudo return) was decent and the twist was fun. Agree that it would be more memorable if they killed one of the big 3.

The MTV Scream series really isn't bad, for what it is, and I've found it to be enjoyable.

It isn't inherently linked to the film series in terms of continuity, which I feel was a smart decision. But it's full of homages to the films, along with with send-ups of the usual horror/slasher tropes that the Scream series became known for. It keeps the concept of a self-aware, horror/comedy whodunnit set within and around a high school setting. The fact that is isn't simply a remake/reboot the films makes the mystery more interesting and less predictable.

One thing I'll give the show is that I'm happy it's not the rumored reports of it being a prequel series being based on Sydney's mom/murder.

I think they're not making Scream 5 and just focusing on the show.

A vintage prequel in the Scream world? That could work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"