Scream 4!!!!! - Part 4

No more Scream 5 for me, please.

The last one Scream 4 was terrible, although I really like Hayden as Kirby Reed.

Though I cannot believe Scary Movie series outlast the Scream series in sequels ....there's going to be a fifth scary movie

They should do a Clue type thing and have there be like 8 people who are the killers where each one of them kills someone they hate.Then when the cops come,they say it was Sydney who is the killer.

They should do a Clue type thing and have there be like 8 people who are the killers where each one of them kills someone they hate.Then when the cops come,they say it was Sydney who is the killer.

That's funny , but I would of liked to see a third killer.

I still think they'll make a Scream 5. Maybe in a couple years.

Wasn't MTV planning on making a Scream series?
Anyway, I would be all here for a Scream 5, the only slight problem with that would be what kind of situation would they be dealing with here? I mean Scream 4 was about remakes/reboots, what would Scream 5 be about?

Hopefully not found footage.

There was talk of a tv series , but I think they passed on it.

Wasn't MTV planning on making a Scream series?
Anyway, I would be all here for a Scream 5, the only slight problem with that would be what kind of situation would they be dealing with here? I mean Scream 4 was about remakes/reboots, what would Scream 5 be about?

It would be about:

beating_a_dead_horse.gif

Yeah, MTV was going to make a series of the Maureen Prescott years. Thank god it never happened.

Only way I can see a sequel...

Two indirect ghostfaces are killing people for competition. In the end, it comes down to either only one is caught, other escapes. Or, the have to kill each other.

I'd love to see a shot of a ghostface stalking a ghostface who is stalking a babysitter.

We need to forget about the Big 3... their story was done in 3. Unless you're going to kill one off, like 4 should have (cough Gale cough).

Last edited:
This is why they should've ended Scream 4 with Jill surviving. There could've been so many more directions to go in for sequels, like having Sidney try to expose Jill and having everyone think she's crazy, while another Ghost Face stalks Jill and her friends (and Sidney is so sure that it's Jill) idk. They should've had Jill and a couple of kids from the new generation survive.

I get that people have become attached to Gale, Sidney and Dewey, but for the new trilogy they were planning, they need the new generation for it to feel fresh. The old trio could still be present in the new trilogy, just a little stepped back from the spotlight.

But it doesn't matter, because a lot of this is what they could've done. I hope if Scream 5 happens, that it goes back to the vibe of the first film.

I really wish we could've seen Scream 3 play out in it's original incarnation. Before s*** got rewritten because of Columbine.

Scream 3 is still the worst one of the franchise IMO.

Even though the retcon and plot about her brother and all was idiotic, that last fight/reveal is still pretty badass in that locked bar room.

But, the rest of the film gets bogged down by weird comedy and out of place things like "ghost mom", Randy's sister, and the bad Stab actors.

4 was solid, some great scenes... just wish it had the balls to kill one of the Big 3.

I still love that shot of Anthony Anderson dying (even though the comedy didn't work) with Ghostface behind him all chill. Which, one thing Wes didn't do so well as the series went on was iconic, beautiful shots of Ghostface.

Sadly, that bloody 'fan staged suicide' Ghostface shot wasn't kept.

Overall, 4 just felt unnecessary in the end.

I really wish we could've seen Scream 3 play out in it's original incarnation. Before s*** got rewritten because of Columbine.

Which one was the original, the one with fake Sydney being the partner or the one with Stu?

4 was solid, some great scenes... just wish it had the balls to kill one of the Big 3.

Should have been Dewey since he really didn't feel that significant in it compared to the previous three. He was just there mainly as an annoyance to Gale for not letting her be part of the investigation. That and the stupid Judy character sucking up to him and pissing off Gale.

Quentin Tarantino didn't like Scream;

“I could have imagined doing the first ‘Scream.’ The Weinsteins were trying to get Robert Rodriguez to do it. I don’t even think they thought I would be interested.

“I actually didn’t care for Wes Craven’s direction of it. I thought he was the iron chain attached to its ankle that kept it earthbound and stopped it from going to the moon.”

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3...dnt-like-wes-cravens-scream-vision-sent-moon/

You know, I love Quentin's work and all, but I'm actually starting to get tired of hearing his opinions on other people's films. I'm not saying he doesn't have the right to give his opinion of course, it just rubs me the wrong way most of the time these days.

It would be about:

beating_a_dead_horse.gif

Yeah, that's pretty much how I feel too.

They have done all that they can do with this franchise. Sidney is now officially out of relatives who can want her dead. Her crazy ass boyfriend's dead. His crazy ass mom is dead. Her crazy ass cousin is dead. Her Aunt and uncle are dead.

Who the f**k is left to try and kill her? Seriously, the Final Destination sequels make more sense than these Scream sequels.

Scream 3, while the weakest of the franchise, is still fun and enjoyable for me. Some great moments in it, and it was a serviceable conclusion to the trilogy that brought everything full circle -- as trilogy-cappers are meant to do.

Scream 3, while the weakest of the franchise, is still fun and enjoyable for me. Some great moments in it, and it was a serviceable conclusion to the trilogy that brought everything full circle -- as trilogy-cappers are meant to do.

That's where it should have ended.

Which one was the original, the one with fake Sydney being the partner or the one with Stu?

I'm not sure about the Fake Sidney part, but I know that Kevin Williamson's story/draft had Stu pulling the strings with teens in Woodsboro doing the killing, ending with Sidney visiting a house party where all the teens have been killed, only for them to rise and reveal themselves as the killers.

I remember watching Scream 3 when I was very young, I liked it. I don't know how well it holds up after all these years, but at the time, I liked that film.

Kind of ironic that Quentin is moaning about how he didn't like Scream and they had a little "homage" to the dancing scene from Pulp Fiction, in last night's episode of Scream TV series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"