I liked this better than X2, X3

I enjoyed X1 quite a bit. It’s in my list of most favorite movies…as short as it is.
The movie had a darker tone and well developed characters. And I agree with those who say that it matters when you are the first in a franchise. In my opinion it sets up a standard and raises expectations. I like it when a movie plays it safe and steady. It shows that the creators do care the most for the reception of their work. It’s later in the sequels that they become careless, if they know they got it made.
I don’t agree however with the idea that Wolverine was the central character. He was in X2, sure, but not in this one. He must’ve been like the 5th major character introduced in the film. Everyone had an equal part to play in my opinion.
That said I like X2 the most. It was more exciting and satisfying overall.
X3 was just bleah…

I just like X1 more because it emphasized a lot less on the comic-book feel and focused more on dark sci-fi elements :up:
I think X2 was a lot more comic book themed than X1, I still like it but I think the first is just far superior.

X3 is just a disgrace.

Two friends of mine, adults and non xfans, saw both X1 and X2, and they said me they liked more X1. I can understand it, it is more a drama than a special effects movie, that's what I like it more too.

Michael Kamen's score in X1 was the best of the trilogy. The other two scores sounded too militaristic, but Kamen totally nailed it.

I found X2's score to be much more epic but I can see what you mean. The score in X1 sure has it's own merits.

yes, I loved the theme of the Logan and Rogue scene in the Liberty statue. That was a great momment, thanks to the music too.

X1 was my favorite. X2 middle, X3 last, but it would have been so much better if Singer had stayed on. :(

I personally love X2 the most out of the three films.

But X1 has the best sense of the world it inhabits and it's sense of atmosphere is perfection.

X1 is a great film.

CFE

I prefer X2 because it's got the story, character, and heart, while also being the biggest and most epic.

My affection for X1 has grown big time because of X2

X3 stinks.

I prefer X2 because it's got the story, character, and heart, while also being the biggest and most epic.

My affection for X1 has grown big time because of X2

X3 stinks.

This pretty much sums up my feelings on the matter, I love X1, think X2 is the best Marvel movie, but hate X3 with a passion.

X2 does make X1 a better movie also IMO.

X1 has such a mystery/melancholic opening with that sad song being played after Xavier's monologue. It sounds a lot more like sci-fi and a lot less like super-hero, which happened with both X2 and X3 scores, sounding like super-hero themes.

I like all three movies. X1 is the truest to the X-Men comics though.

But it was great to see the more visceral action and stunning visuals of X3. I want to see my mutants kick some butt. Love the scenes such as Phoenix flinging Wolverine into the wall and blows the doors off as she walks out, where Storm rises into the air outside the Grey's house, when time freezes in that moment before Xavier is destroyed, Magneto stopping the prison convoy, Storm descending on Alcatraz and frying Callisto, Magneto moving the bridge, Phoenix stopping the cure darts and then unleashing hell, Wolverine marching up to her and the scene where he stabs her...

X2 X-Men United and X-Men The Last Stand are still pretty fresh in my mind...but I finally saw X-Men again (It really has been a few years since I've seen it...) and I'm going to change my ranking of the films...

Originally...
X2 X-Men United
X-Men The Last Stand
X-Men...

...Currently...
-X-Men (Favorite scene of the series is still the Mystique/Wolverine fight..to me that's still the only actual fight of the series...)
-X2 X-Men United (I like the film as a whole...myself...there's no real flaw I can find...Lady Deathstrike is also one of my favorite characters...so that helps...my third favorite scene of the series is the Lady Deathstrike/Wolverine fight)
-X-Men The Last Stand (The only couple things with this film that sorta bothered was the decision to put 2 movies worth of material...The Phoenix and the Cure...into one film, plus the decision/inclusion/misuse of certain characters...mostly the Brotherhood...I didn't mind Pyro, Juggernaut, Multiple Man, and Callisto...but Arclight, Quill, and Psylocke...those 3 could've been dropped...depending on if/how they continue the series, save and include Arclight for a Sinister Henchwoman (Marauders), Save Psylocke for a story where she could eventually join the team, and Quill...I was never real familiar with him in the comics...that and I liked Phat in X-Statix so there goes my dream of a X-Force/X-Statix film with Phat...for the misuse of characters I'm looking at Cyclops (obvious one right) and Angel...he escapes and just dissappears for a while...goes to the mansion...and appears in the final battle...I know I sound Like I'm complaining but I still enjoyed the film and my favorite scene of the film and second favorite of the Series is Wolverine Killing Jean, there exchange...Jean: "You would Die For Them..." Wolverine: "No...For You..."someone correct me if my quoting is wrong...)

I still like all the films...I was actually glad I caught it on tv...I did compare it to X2 and X3...and there were a few things in the film that made me appreciate it more than X2 and X3...

I agree with most people who think X1 is the best in terms of little character moments. Cyclops bedside talk with Xavier, the interaction between Xavier and Magneto, the relationship between Wolverine and Rogue... But it was lacking in the FX department. I know it was the first movie, and they had a limited budget, but Cyclops used his power maybe twice, and Storm's power was basically creating fog. I also would have liked for them to have given more depth to the villains, especially Sabretooth. He didn't have to as in depth as the comics, but a hint at a deeper intelligence would have been nice.

I agree with most people who think X1 is the best in terms of little character moments. Cyclops bedside talk with Xavier, the interaction between Xavier and Magneto, the relationship between Wolverine and Rogue... But it was lacking in the FX department. I know it was the first movie, and they had a limited budget, but Cyclops used his power maybe twice, and Storm's power was basically creating fog. I also would have liked for them to have given more depth to the villains, especially Sabretooth. He didn't have to as in depth as the comics, but a hint at a deeper intelligence would have been nice.
Singer had only 75 million to achieve the movie. That's the budget romantic comedies usually get.

I liked all three movies, but X2 was my favorite. I think X3 is my second favorite, but I'm not really sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"