Bob Iger steps down as Disney CEO... and Comes Back Again

This. I don't know about everybody else, but Star Wars being relegated to streaming has never sat well with me. The over abundance of MCU shows is a problem too.

There's no such thing as an over abundance of MCU shows! Damn it, I've waited since the 80's to get this amount of quality live action comic book stuff and you hipster millennials ain't taking it from me! :argh: :argh::rant: I WANT MORE MCU SHOWS AND MOVIES!

There's no such thing as an over abundance of MCU shows! Damn it, I've waited since the 80's to get this amount of
live action comic book stuff and you hipster millennials ain't taking it from me! :argh: :argh::rant: I WANT MORE MCU SHOWS AND MOVIES!

Yes, quality. Which most haven’t been unfortunately.

The fact that The Mandalorian and Andor have been better than every MCU Disney+ show thus far (and we’ve gotten over 6 of them) but we still don’t have a clear idea of when the next Star Wars movie will release, let alone the creative mind behind it, speaks volumes of how mishandled their growing library of ownership really is.

mqdefault.jpg

The fact that The Mandalorian and Andor have been better than every MCU Disney+ show thus far (and we’ve gotten over 6 of them) but we still don’t have a clear idea of when the next Star Wars movie will release, let alone the creative mind behind it, speaks volumes of how mishandled their growing library of ownership really is.

If anything, it just shows that Star Wars, sort of like Star Trek, works better as a show compared to a film.

Hopefully this means more streamlining of the Marvel content—including continuing to see more mature content on Disney+ in the US—and Star Wars movies actually happening.

I’m not sure about this. Iger wanted to keep Disney+ family friendly. I don’t know if he would have supported moving the mature content to Disney+. Maybe he’s changed his position since then.

Yup

If anything, it just shows that Star Wars, sort of like Star Trek, works better as a show compared to a film.

No, no, no, no… the OG trilogy still stand above and beyond. Star Wars is, and always will be, a big screen visual spectacle #1. Star Trek was never designed like that originally.

I’m not sure about this. Iger wanted to keep Disney+ family friendly. I don’t know if he would have supported moving the mature content to Disney+. Maybe he’s changed his position since then.

Considering how smooth and easy the transition to having more adult content was in March of last year, I'm puzzled why this would be any issue. The first time I logged in on that day I was prompted with a message "Do you want to set passwords for other profiles to access all content?" or something like that. I was sharing my account with a friend, so hence the question. It really is that simple. If you got kids, you can set passwords to lock the adult content out of their view.

No, no, no, no… the OG trilogy still stand above and beyond. Star Wars is, and always will be, a big screen visual spectacle #1. Star Trek was never designed like that originally.

Sorry, let me clarify. Star Wars as of recent works better on TV than the films have, for my money. The original trilogy and even the prequels, yeah, see them on the big screen. But the Star Wars series as of recent feels like it's had more consistent success and reception on streaming versus the films.

I just hope Iger stays long enough to help present X-Men with Marvel.

I doubt he’s needed for that. Feige knows more than him on how to introduce them. Marvel movies are a small part of the Disney empire. It’s the parks, cruises, news division, ABC, etc that Iger will focus on.

I doubt he’s needed for that. Feige knows more than him on how to introduce them. Marvel movies are a small part of the Disney empire. It’s the parks, cruises, news division, ABC, etc that Iger will focus on.

True, but all the same I still feel more comfortable with someone like him in the driver's seat to oversee that project than someone like Chapek.

Hopefully, there will be more serious and dramatic MCU movies.

I just hope Iger stays long enough to help present X-Men with Marvel.
True, but all the same I still feel more comfortable with someone like him in the driver's seat to oversee that project than someone like Chapek.
Yeah Iger's not needed for it.

Obi-Wan should have been a film. Relegating it to streaming was idiotic.

Obi-Wan should have been a film. Relegating it to streaming was idiotic.
Not with the story they came up with it. Obi-Wan should have never left Tattooine. But that’s a debate for another day.

Hopefully, there will be more serious and dramatic MCU movies.
Nah, Iger mostly leaves Feige and co alone creatively. His return isn’t going to have any real impact on the quality of the movies or shows whatsoever. What you should be really asking is if Iger has any intentions on trying to get China to eliminate their ban on Marvel movies, which I think is a far more pressing matter to Mr. Iger than the quality (or lack thereof) of the recent MCU output.

Last edited:
I hope they limit to two live action shows per year. But we'll see.

Its quantity over quality at this point at Disney+.

Nope.
People would unsub from Disney + in between if there were only 2. They’re competing with Netflix so will want more than 2 MCU shows a year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"