Borat sued again!

Maximum_Carnage said:
The difference between Borat, & Kaufman is that Kaufman never went looking for people to pick on. People had to actually buy tickets to watch him. By the time he became popular people pretty much knew what they were getting into.

Borat on the other hand goes onto a subway, & forces people to participate in something that they would never want to do to begin with. Some of these people are just trying to get home! Not chase a chicken around!

It was a joke. I am sure the people who where on the subway where angry at the time but I bet if they see it back on screen they will laugh.

The irony is that while he uses Borat's character to expose the sometimes ignorant american tourists. American's for the most part are at least respectful of the country they are in. They don't go around china scream "Where's the Chink! I need a Chink!". That is pretty much what Borat does.

Borat is a chracter so he wasn't a real tourist.

Borat is not Social Satire. He is a man that is incredibly annoying, & unoriginal. Masked in Hatred, & Stupidity. I hope that more people sue this a-hole, & expose him for what he is.

I really

DOG LIPS said:
So... is the movie worth seeing, or no?
YES!!! Its great.

If it weren't, no one would pay any attention to it. People only want to sue popular movies:whatever:

Ah, the sweet smell of lawsuits coming forward after the movie was succesful.

I saw it last night, it was great. Lots of laughs and nasty stuff. Lots of groans in the theater from all the Jew-bashing stuff. :o

The naked wrestling and pics of his son were gross. :csad:

DOG LIPS said:
I saw it last night, it was great. Lots of laughs and nasty stuff. Lots of groans in the theater from all the Jew-bashing stuff. :o

The naked wrestling and pics of his son were gross. :csad:

Ah hell naw Dog.

People take this guy too seriously.

Only people I feel sorry over this are the villagers, which was pretty rude on his behalf.

Otherwise, meh.

I'm sure the movie is funny and all but I'm kind of torn. I haven't seen it but what I'm reading makes me feel terrible, because I know it's wrong to exploit people. I can only assume the participants were paid well considering their living conditions.

Honestly I dont think he makes everyone look stupid, he puts them in funny situations but I dont have anything against the people in the movie for not realizing it was a sham. He's just creates a funny situation. I dont really feel like he makes the people at the dinner or on the morning talk show he crashes look bad, the homophobe at the rodeo and the frat boys do that to themselves. Although thats kind of crappy if they just paid those people in the village like kids in a sweatshop.

For all the people saying Cohen is just some dumb hack though, have you seen the actual Ali G show?? Borat is easily the "dumbest" and "crudest" of his 3 characters.

FOG3 said:
Honestly I dont think he makes everyone look stupid, he puts them in funny situations but I dont have anything against the people in the movie for not realizing it was a sham. He's just creates a funny situation. I dont really feel like he makes the people at the dinner or on the morning talk show he crashes look bad, the homophobe at the rodeo and the frat boys do that to themselves. Although thats kind of crappy if they just paid those people in the village like kids in a sweatshop.

For all the people saying Cohen is just some dumb hack though, have you seen the actual Ali G show?? Borat is easily the "dumbest" and "crudest" of his 3 characters.
I think this shows additional evidence that Americans cannot laugh at themselves:huh:

Anybody sue Jackass yet?

I just get a kick out of these lawsuits where people are complaining that Borat made them look stupid. Have they ever considered the possibility that they ARE stupid? :huh: I mean...there's filmed evidence of it, so maybe they need to be open to the idea.

jag

Wilhelm-Scream said:
Cool, so it isn't just Americans that are insufferable p*ssies.

Nah, Canadians as well :) oh and Scots, Welsh, Irish and French. j/k?

- Whirly

Maximum_Carnage said:
The difference between Borat, & Kaufman is that Kaufman never went looking for people to pick on. People had to actually buy tickets to watch him. By the time he became popular people pretty much knew what they were getting into.

Borat on the other hand goes onto a subway, & forces people to participate in something that they would never want to do to begin with. Some of these people are just trying to get home! Not chase a chicken around!

The irony is that while he uses Borat's character to expose the sometimes ignorant american tourists. American's for the most part are at least respectful of the country they are in. They don't go around china scream "Where's the Chink! I need a Chink!". That is pretty much what Borat does.

Borat is not Social Satire. He is a man that is incredibly annoying, & unoriginal. Masked in Hatred, & Stupidity. I hope that more people sue this a-hole, & expose him for what he is.

You kinda sound like J. Jonah Jameson.

Whirlysplat said:
Only when The Mail on Sunday visited him did he find out. He said he was ashamed, confessing that he only agreed to be filmed because he hoped to top up his £70-a-month salary - although in the end he was paid just £3.

This is the most important part, he was doing it for the money, plain and simple. Now the movie's successful and he wants more money. Just like the frat boys. You don't hear about these kind of lawsuits about the Daily Show, which does the same thing because Entertainment Weekly isn't printing how much money the Daily Show is making for Comedy Central on Monday morning.

jaguarr said:
I just get a kick out of these lawsuits where people are complaining that Borat made them look stupid. Have they ever considered the possibility that they ARE stupid? :huh: I mean...there's filmed evidence of it, so maybe they need to be open to the idea.

jag

Huh?:huh:

:yay:

**** about Borat.

He IS funny. Jesus, people need to lighten up. I'm afraid that Borat isn't as immoral as some of the people that chatted s**t.

Ok, so he made fun. But some of the people were SO rude.

What about that cowboy. the homophobic facist nazi. He deserved to be ridiculed.

And I know it was a joke but people literally told him to f**k off.

Borat is my wife. :cmad:

ShadowBoxing said:
No, not really. Someone sued Kobe Bryant for rape after she went up to the hotel room herself for sex (or as she said, an "autograph" - my butt). People could retroactively sue him.

Even if you believe it's not candid, he still has to get them all to clear the use of the material he filmed. So if they don't know during, they sure as hell know right after when he has them sign the release agreements.

People like attention, most people will eat cow balls to get on television these days, I don't think being the subject of a farse is that big of a leap.

While I was travelling around Europe, I got the opportunity to watch some German tv. Germans love reality shows. So much so, that there are alot of staged reality shows. These shows are so completely obvious, the people in them CLEARLY actors.

It's very, very obvious when people try to fake reality.

The Amazing Lee said:
But some of the people were SO rude.

What about the homophobic facist nazi.

I was unaware he filmed me, perhaps I should sue him.

- Whirly :)

As for the villagers, I'm more disgusted with the people, probably lawyers, who tracked them down just to start a lawsuit. Those poor people would have never seen the movie otherwise, and the old man would have been ignorant and content with his rubber fist.

Killgore said:
As for the villagers, I'm more disgusted with the people, probably lawyers, who tracked them down just to start a lawsuit. Those poor people would have never seen the movie otherwise, and the old man would have been ignorant and content with his rubber fist.

As if chasing ambulances wasn't enough for them.

Damn Vampires!

- Whirly

I was literally rolling in the aisles.

For most of the film's duration.

Go see it. NOW! :cmad:

RUN!

Quick. before you lose it.

RUN NOW! :cmad:

comicgirl said:
YES!!! Its great.

If it weren't, no one would pay any attention to it. People only want to sue popular movies:whatever:
Thankyou for saying that! Couldn't agree more:up:

After years of doing succsesful tv shows and a semi-succsesful movie, only now when he has a REALLY succsesful movie do people try to sue.

Killgore said:
and the old man would have been ignorant and content with his rubber fist.
a sentence, the reading which, I could not have forseen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"