Bought/Thought 05/12/07

I doubt there are any Skrulls in The Order. Fraction's telling his own story (and there's a big difference between having the Punisher fight some of the Hulk's bugs for one issue and revealing that a main castmember is a Skrull agent).

You'd actually think Tony would be smart enough to learn from Civil War about checking (seriously checking) his staff to make sure they're not Hydra, or Skrull (especially Skrull) or whatever. But apparently, genius is Stark's thing, not common sense.

Or anybody for that matter.
The Initiative isn't Tony's staff. It's run by the Commission on Superhuman Activities, which SHIELD has no control over, since the CSA is an American agency and SHIELD is a UN agency. Camp Hammond and the Initiative are being run with SHIELD's cooperation, but it's unlikely Tony has much say in who gets hired or fired, especially at high levels like the oversight committee or the Camp Hammond administration. Rhodey was likely placed there because of his connections to the military as much as his connections to Stark.

I did add "anybody" just to make sure I had a way out of that. :o

You'd actually think Tony would be smart enough to learn from Civil War about checking (seriously checking) his staff to make sure they're not Hydra, or Skrull (especially Skrull) or whatever. But apparently, genius is Stark's thing, not common sense.

Or anybody for that matter.
The whole point of the Skrull story is that it's (so far) impossible to tell the difference. The HYDRA guy is on the oversight committee, which wouldn't be something Stark would have a say in (and he doesn't run Camp Hammond anyway).

You know how you can tell?

Psychic people.

Regular psychic exams like SHIELD apparently had to make sure nobody was running under mind control.

And dammit, didn't you get the memo? Apparently Stark can do anything now. Except his job.

Yeah, SHIELD does have its own psychics. I very much doubt Gyrich would allow Tony to test CSA or Camp Hammond personnel with them, though. Gyrich and his people have more than a few secrets, if you hadn't noticed. ;)

I noticed. I just want Rhodey to be badass, and it's polluting my normal train of logical thought. :(

That, and I'm just sort of trying to believe that they'd be smarter than this, given that Pym's on the committee, and knows full well Skrulls can replace them. :o

Too much wife beating, I suppose.

Yeah, SHIELD does have its own psychics. I very much doubt Gyrich would allow Tony to test CSA or Camp Hammond personnel with them, though. Gyrich and his people have more than a few secrets, if you hadn't noticed. ;)

Yeah, and they've got some secrets I'd like to see exposed. Mutant Zero, for one.

I actually just wanna know what her powers are, to tell the truth.

Who she is doesn't really concern me.

I'm more curious as to who she is. Her powers could be engineered, for all we know.

I bet she's another MVP clone, only Von Blitzschlag used the same process they used on X-23 to make her a female clone. Then they used some kind of reverse-SPINtech to give her a bunch of powers in addition to her super-soldier physique.

Well, they imply she is a mutant, so I'm assuming her powers are natural. Though, she might of been X gene positive, but not active, and they activated it.

Or used Terrigen Mists on her. Though, that would apparently kill her.

Her identity might be important. I'll wait and see.

I bet she's another MVP clone, only Von Blitzschlag used the same process they used on X-23 to make her a female clone. Then they used some kind of reverse-SPINtech to give her a bunch of powers in addition to her super-soldier physique.

I was gonna say, reverse SPIN tech wouldn't help her. But you said some kind of SPIN tech. x.x

Slott said she's a mutant who've seen before.

And Slott is cool enough that he doesn't mean that in a clone way.

Or in a, "I was technically right, because she was in the background of so and so" way either. Because that would make him insta-suck, using technicalities.

I guess they're loading some baseline psychic abilities into the current batch of Super-Skrulls infiltrating Earth, then. Enough to mask their mind from telepaths. That wouldn't suck too much.

Either that, or the Professy is a Skrull!! :shock

I guess they're loading some baseline psychic abilities into the current batch of Super-Skrulls infiltrating Earth, then. Enough to mask their mind from telepaths. That wouldn't suck too much.

It would sorta make sense. If Stark can build things into rings that can block telepaths of the highest order, it isn't so far fetched that a race built on espionage and subversion wouldn't think about it either.

Indeed. The Skrulls already have some mental powers, too. They can hypnotize people and junk.

They don't really play up that aspect of their powers too much anymore.

Except Paibok. He tries that ****, and gets smacked. Most recently by that guy Terrax killed.

They don't really play up that aspect of their powers too much anymore.
My point was just that they're familiar with psychic powers, at least. If they can duplicate so many other powers, they've gotta be able to duplicate powers that are so similar to ones they already possess, right?

At least enhance them.

But like I said, they're a race suited to subverting the race they're going to be taking over. So psychic beings have HAD to be something they've occurred with before.

And like Corpy said, especially as they know they have psychic powers, they might consider others have similar, or better powers, and want a defense.

Especially after the whole Skrull cow thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"